Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

I don't have any issues with leaving that afternoon, couple of options now that I look at it. From what I remember, there was only one potential caravan-er(Tdougherty) that was up beyond Humble/Kingwood area, and as last I heard he was not leaving until Saturday sometime.

Couple potential meeting spots/areas

Humble/Kingwood (Along 59)
Livingston (a little farther north on 59)
or even my house Google clocks it as 4 hour, 5 minute drive from here to the gate of the park.

I'm good either way, I have to stop off at my house to pick up the Jeep after work. I stay over between I-10 east and 90

Texas Nick and myself went ahead and reserved bunkhouses two and three since they were going fast. These bunkhouses have outdoor tables, a grill, and plenty of room to tent camp around for you guys planning on tent camping. These will be great for hanging out and celebrating a nice day on the trail!

We can make this the place/area of our Wayalife hangout/party/dinner on the evening of Saturday the 21st, after the first official trail day. That way we have plenty of room and resources. It is also close to the park entrance for those not staying in the park the night of the 21st.

Texas Nick and myself went ahead and reserved bunkhouses two and three since they were going fast. These bunkhouses have outdoor tables, a grill, and plenty of room to tent camp around for you guys planning on tent camping. These will be great for hanging out and celebrating a nice day on the trail!

We can make this the place/area of our Wayalife hangout/party/dinner on the evening of Saturday the 21st, after the first official trail day. That way we have plenty of room and resources. It is also close to the park entrance for those not staying in the park the night of the 21st.

nice! sounds awesome!

Great plan! Maybe even store a set of doors or two in there as well :thumb:

Nice! :beer:

As long as you have the recovery hook on the rear, if not, GET ONE and you will be find. :thumb: if you have a tow hitch, a D-ring shackle mount works better then the factory hook as its in the middle of the jeep and utilizes a closed D-ring shackle.

I really need to get a hitch on the Jeep, just haven't been willing to drop 70 bucks on one that I know I won't keep forever. The rear bumper that I want has an integrated hitch..

Don't suppose anybody's got an extra JK hitch lying around do they? :blush:

...camping is ALWAYS more fun. :yup:

Are you guys camping? :clap2:

P.S. any updates on Z?

Come join the La Quinta party :beer:

http://www.laquintalongviewnorth.com/

Yeah, I just send her the map to/from the park, but we are both working so waiting for her to get back to me.

Edit: is someone in here Tom D.? I just got a random Facebook request, but mutual friends are WAL people, so thought I should check before I deleted it...

Last edited:
Changes/announcements/info

The newbie group will now be meeting closer to the entrance of the park near the pavilion. I ask that everyone there arrive by 0830

The Drivers meeting for the newbie run will begin at 0830 and we will be headed for the first trail by 9am. We will be starting off with the first trail getting everyone's feet(or tires) wet and then we will be continuing throughout the day testing and learning our rigs and having a great time.

The drivers meeting will fill everyone in on what to expect for the actual "newbie run" and will allow time for Kyle, Nick, and myself to help air down and disconnect sway bars.

Medium/hard group, I will let the group leaders decide your official meeting spot but the park entrance is a good place to start ;)

We are going to have a Wayalife dinner/party/cookout/tamale fest/campfire at bunkhouses two and three. These are near the pavilion and close to the entrance to the park. This will be to celebrate a great day on the trail and so that everyone can meet everyone and break bread. We will call this a "pot luck" since everyone is providing some type of food it seems like, but I will do my best to bring hamburgers and hot dogs and a main dish. Everyone is responsible for bringing there own adult beverages, but sharing is not just allowed, it's encouraged :)

We will do our best to shoot for between 5PM and 6PM for the party, but the important thing is having fun on the trails and making sure everyone gets off the trail safe, so we will do our best to start it at this time.

Sunday seems like it's going to be more of a free day, I encourage everyone to stay and run trails Sunday as well. Barnwell is a beautiful place to explore and there is plenty of opportunity to do so on easy, medium, and difficult trails. I know i'll be sending out some texts Sunday morning trying to find some peeps to join me on some more trails!

Lets all remember, we are representing WAYALIFE and we should do so respectfully. I want everyone to have a great time, be safe, and head back home with a ton of memories and new friends.

Is everyone getting excited?! 18 more days! :)

The newbie group will now be meeting closer to the entrance of the park near the pavilion. I ask that everyone there arrive by 0830

The Drivers meeting for the newbie run will begin at 0830 and we will be headed for the first trail by 9am. We will be starting off with the first trail getting everyone's feet(or tires) wet and then we will be continuing throughout the day testing and learning our rigs and having a great time.

The drivers meeting will fill everyone in on what to expect for the actual "newbie run" and will allow time for Kyle, Nick, and myself to help air down and disconnect sway bars.

Medium/hard group, I will let the group leaders decide your official meeting spot but the park entrance is a good place to start ;)

We are going to have a Wayalife dinner/party/cookout/tamale fest/campfire at bunkhouses two and three. These are near the pavilion and close to the entrance to the park. This will be to celebrate a great day on the trail and so that everyone can meet everyone and break bread. We will call this a "pot luck" since everyone is providing some type of food it seems like, but I will do my best to bring hamburgers and hot dogs and a main dish. Everyone is responsible for bringing there own adult beverages, but sharing is not just allowed, it's encouraged :)

We will do our best to shoot for between 5PM and 6PM for the party, but the important thing is having fun on the trails and making sure everyone gets off the trail safe, so we will do our best to start it at this time.

Sunday seems like it's going to be more of a free day, I encourage everyone to stay and run trails Sunday as well. Barnwell is a beautiful place to explore and there is plenty of opportunity to do so on easy, medium, and difficult trails. I know i'll be sending out some texts Sunday morning trying to find some peeps to join me on some more trails!

Lets all remember, we are representing WAYALIFE and we should do so respectfully. I want everyone to have a great time, be safe, and head back home with a ton of memories and new friends.

I would agree that the medium/hard group should also meet in the front of the park, we will be in 2 seperate groups, but after all, we are all part of the same community.

If you are running in the easy group be sure to park by Napalm/someone who is parked by Napalm.

If you are in the medium group, park near my jeep, or Daverawr's "late night"

We will have a brief drivers meeting at 0830 aswell, where we will basically decide what trail we want to start with as a group, and if anyone has a "favorite" or WOULD LIKE trail to run. We will make sure everyone knows what CB channel, etc. Then break to air down, disconnect, and help anyone who needs it. (READ take care of YOUR jeep first) Daverawr or myself will call a 10 minute warning, and we will roll out for the day.

Napalm, myself, and Daverawr will coordinate together to make sure we each know which CB channels our two groups will be using, in case of emergency/inoperable trail damage/misnavigation/etc.

Last edited:
Are you guys camping? :clap2:

P.S. any updates on Z?

Yeah, I just send her the map to/from the park, but we are both working so waiting for her to get back to me.

Edit: is someone in here Tom D.? I just got a random Facebook request, but mutual friends are WAL people, so thought I should check before I deleted it...

I'm getting pretty excited!

Sunday for us is probably 50/50, mostly contingent on my wife's school schedule (she's a maniac and taking a May-mini)

I'm already playing Jeep Tetris in my head on how many coolers I can/want to fit in the back of the Jeep for beverages/food and whatnot. :beer:

Are you camping? All of the bunk houses & cabins are already reserved... so i either have to get a hotel and deal with that, or convince the woman that camping will be more fun... :doh:

Yeah I was planning on camping. Is there anyone else camping

I would agree that the medium/hard group should also meet in the front of the park, we will be in 2 seperate groups, but after all, we are all part of the same community.

If you are running in the easy group be sure to park by Napalm/someone who is parked by Napalm.

If you are in the medium group, park near my jeep, or Daverawr's "late night"

We will have a brief drivers meeting at 0830 aswell, where we will basically decide what trail we want to start with as a group, and if anyone has a "favorite" or WOULD LIKE trail to run. We will make sure everyone knows what CB channel, etc. Then break to air down, disconnect, and help anyone who needs it. (READ take care of YOUR jeep first) Daverawr or myself will call a 10 minute warning, and we will roll out for the day.

Napalm, myself, and Daverawr will coordinate together to make sure we each know which CB channels our two groups will be using, in case of emergency/inoperable trail damage/misnavigation/etc.

I can't be seen next to you guys.. You make my Jeep look small... :) LoL!! Thanks Dave!! Great post!

I'm getting pretty excited!

Sunday for us is probably 50/50, mostly contingent on my wife's school schedule (she's a maniac and taking a May-mini)

I'm already playing Jeep Tetris in my head on how many coolers I can/want to fit in the back of the Jeep for beverages/food and whatnot. :beer:

I sympathize with you wife. I'm finishing up my full time semester, I'm taking the summer off though, LoL.

And that's exciting. I think we will have plenty of food and adult beverages!

Yeah I was planning on camping. Is there anyone else camping

I'm camping.

You guys should set up camp with us near the bunkhouses! Texas Nick and myself have reserved two bunkhouses so we will have room around them for tents and camping stuff!

Is anyone planning on camping out there Friday night? I was thinking if I get off at a reasonable time on Friday, I would drive out there and camp that night as well.

Is anyone planning on camping out there Friday night? I was thinking if I get off at a reasonable time on Friday, I would drive out there and camp that night as well.

IF we camp we will be there Friday and Saturday night.
It looks like it's either camp, or fork out 200 for the hotel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom