Anyone heard of this lift?

So I emailed Trail Jeeps about getting a quote on an enforcer lift and some other things and this is the email I got back ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464104480.391927.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464104498.683611.jpg
Have any of you heard of this lift or ran it?
Pros and cons?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They must make more money on the JKS kits. Funny they would phase out evo products though.

This thread will start some shit. I look forward to it.

Ctimrun

Phasing out the EVO lifts huh. I know my money won't matter to them, but I will be taking it elsewhere when I buy in the next couple weeks. I'll just go to ORE direct.

Hammmerhead

Its funny how life points out that one minute a business partner or great friend in the business, and that you will do anything to help them out in every aspect, then you pull the knife out of your back and commence to starving them to death.

So from that other thread I haven't really heard anything bad about the lift or if it is better or worse than the enforcer so if this is the case and the prices are very similar except the Jspec comes with shocks, I figure why not go with the Jspec?

TFD

So from that other thread I haven't really heard anything bad about the lift or if it is better or worse than the enforcer so if this is the case and the prices are very similar except the Jspec comes with shocks, I figure why not go with the Jspec?

Just add shocks to the enforcer lift. Rancho, bilsteins, Kings

Jeepfan30

I have the Enforcer with Fox shocks, and really like it. I'm sure the JKS is a great kit too, and you're Jeep won't spontaneously combust with it. You'll probably be able to run the same trails with both kits, just a matter of preference and quality of parts. I have the JKS rear LCA's and they are really nice/stout.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
So i have never really ran a JKS lift, nor do i plan to. I have previously ran the evo enforcer kit before. This thread had me interested in the difference so i looked into it.

The JKS lift uses an adjustable front trackbar, where i have never used a JKS trackbar, the Rubicon Express one i had on my jeep when i bought it caused deathwobble. This had turned me off the idea of adj track bars. The evo kit uses a bracket that raises the stock trackbar, easy to replace is anything ever happens to it.

One of the only other differences i see, is the difference in brake line correction. The evo kit used steel braided longer lines which i am a fan of. The JKS simply uses a cheap drop bracket. Both work, but personally i prefer the new lines.

The only good thing about the JKS kit from what i can see, is it comes with quick disconnects.

Just my 2 cents.

303jkpatriot

Like some of the others on here I run the EVO Enforcer 3". The ride quality is great as I have it paired with King 2.5" adjustable shocks. It also handles great off the road. I did end up getting the JKS draglink flip kit with my enforcer kit and I was extremely impressed with the quality of their parts and ease of install. I did ride in a buddies JKUR that has the JKS J Kontrol 3.5" with Fox Shocks and would say the rides seemed to be equally smooth. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Jeepfan30

So i have never really ran a JKS lift, nor do i plan to. I have previously ran the evo enforcer kit before. This thread had me interested in the difference so i looked into it.

The JKS lift uses an adjustable front trackbar, where i have never used a JKS trackbar, the Rubicon Express one i had on my jeep when i bought it caused deathwobble. This had turned me off the idea of adj track bars. The evo kit uses a bracket that raises the stock trackbar, easy to replace is anything ever happens to it.

One of the only other differences i see, is the difference in brake line correction. The evo kit used steel braided longer lines which i am a fan of. The JKS simply uses a cheap drop bracket. Both work, but personally i prefer the new lines.

The only good thing about the JKS kit from what i can see, is it comes with quick disconnects.

Just my 2 cents.

Not trying to nitpick, but the 3.5 J Connect mentioned comes with a drag link flip kit and front track bar relocation bracket too.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Not trying to nitpick, but the 3.5 J Connect mentioned comes with a drag link flip kit and front track bar relocation bracket too.

Ah okay. I was looking at the wrong lift. My appologies. The J connect does come with a relocation bracket for the front trackbar, but still has an adjustable bar in use. Still not a fan of it.

The jks lift includes a drag link flip but if you read, the enforcer recommends one and you can add one on. They are about the same on price once you add in the cost of shocks and the DL flip onto the enforcer. I just like the method the enforcer corrects the brakes and trackbars as compared to the jks.

Edit: take in account the evo front lower controls arms are adjustable to dial in alignment and jks is not

Jeepfan30

I am an EVO fanboy too. When weeding through all the other shitty aftermarket suspension companies out there I rank JKS up near the top of my list based off the quality of the couple parts I have owned/used.

JeepJeep75

Just yesterday I ordered direct fro Off Road Evolution, 3 inch enforcer kit, drag link flip, and front shock relocation brackets. With California tax and shipping it came out $100 less than the JSPEC kit. Call me an EVO fanboy too but I'm very happy with my purchase. Can't wait to put it on the jeep.

GraniteCrystal

Just yesterday I ordered direct fro Off Road Evolution, 3 inch enforcer kit, drag link flip, and front shock relocation brackets. With California tax and shipping it came out $100 less than the JSPEC kit. Call me an EVO fanboy too but I'm very happy with my purchase. Can't wait to put it on the jeep.

This is accounting for shocks? My understanding is that the Enforcer doesn't come with shocks and the JKS comes with Fox 2.0 Performance shocks

JeepJeep75

This is accounting for shocks? My understanding is that the Enforcer doesn't come with shocks and the JKS comes with Fox 2.0 Performance shocks

Ah, good point. No, shocks were not included into this price. I didn't catch the shocks included part for the JKS. I kinda like having the option of choosing which shock to pair with the EVO kit.

Top Bottom