Down Under JKUR (AKA "Bundy")

rubicrawl

Very very nice rig brother and welcome to Wayalife when I was in the marine corps we stopped in Brisbane Australia on the way back from Iraq very nice city

LeighP

Mate, great build....looks terrific.
I also didn't notice this thread before.....hope to see you around.
Are you doing the 2015 Jamboree at Rydal next year?

JKMag

The camper is a Camp-o-matic Ranger XTC, and comes with slide out kitchen, built in fridge, 200 AH of battery storage, 120 ltr (26 gallon) water tank, and a boat loader and motor slide if you're into boats.

We've taken it through some pretty tough tracks, and had water half way up the side of it in river crossings, and it's never let us down or leaked water or dust in.

This is the camper with a basic setup.

BylongCreek4x4June2013p032_zps8e582c12.jpg

We don't normally take all the canvas walls away with us (too heavy), but if needed it can set up into this.

Camperfullsize.jpg

This is with the boat on the top.

Camper57640x627.jpg

wow and nice! I've never seen something like that but if I was to go camping that would be one way to do it.

Wizard

wow and nice! I've never seen something like that but if I was to go camping that would be one way to do it.
It's a great camper JKMag, makes camping with the family soooo easy, and it's very capable. We've towed it all over the place..

Wizard

Fitted a set of Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers a few weeks back.

These things are very well made and fitted up perfectly.

They arrived unpainted.

20140919_134228 (Medium).jpg

So I had them sandblasted and painted, and then fitted them up at home.

Drilling the first holes was a bit of a worry, but it all went well.

IMG_8827 (Medium).jpg IMG_8828 (Medium).jpg IMG_8829 (Medium).jpg IMG_8830 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8826 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_8826 (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 115

HILLZ

Fitted a set of Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers a few weeks back.

These things are very well made and fitted up perfectly.

They arrived unpainted.

So I had them sandblasted and painted, and then fitted them up at home.

Drilling the first holes was a bit of a worry, but it all went well.

Looks great Wizard, the red behind the spider really makes it stand out. :rock::thumb:

Wizard

Some Synergy adjustable front upper control arms fitted, as well as some awesome quality EVO swaybar end links.

20150311_150855.jpg

20150226_160219.jpg

20150312_143248-2.jpg

20150312_143230-2.jpg

Testing articulation in the front yard.

IMG_9502.jpg

My Daughter first beach driving lesson on Crowdy Beach, Australia

Last edited:

jorgelrod

Hooked
It'll be hooked up to both the main starting battery and an auxiliary battery in the back of the Jeep. I'll also be able to hook it into my camper trailer, which has a solar regulator already built in.

The beach day was great, and we ended up with about 20 Jeeps there.

How does this work while the vehicle is turned on, excuse my ignorance on most things electrical...

Wizard

How does this work while the vehicle is turned on, excuse my ignorance on most things electrical...

Because I don't run any sort of isolator between my start battery and auxilliary battery, they are linked all the time, so when the solar panel is connected it charges both batteries. When the Jeep is started, the solar regulator senses the higher voltage from the alternator and disconnects the panel.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Because I don't run any sort of isolator between my start battery and auxilliary battery, they are linked all the time, so when the solar panel is connected it charges both batteries. When the Jeep is started, the solar regulator senses the higher voltage from the alternator and disconnects the panel.

That's pretty cool, mine are running on an isolator so the regulator would have to connect to the main posts I guess...

Wizard

That's pretty cool, mine are running on an isolator so the regulator would have to connect to the main posts I guess...

That would depend how your isolator works. Some connect the two batteries when the ignition is on, and some need a certain voltage in the main battery before it'll link the two.

Top Bottom