Bestop Trektop nx ?

CanadianJK72

Hi guys , I'm looking in getting this top for my 4dr for this up coming season.
Anyone have any experience with this top an any pros or cons besides it looking badass.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys , I'm looking in getting this top for my 4dr for this up coming season.
Anyone have any experience with this top an any pros or cons besides it looking badass.

Yup, I have them on both my 4-doors and love them. The new NX is just like a factory top only you can convert it to being a safari top with ease. Awesome that you can even still use it as a sunrider. The only drawback to them is that they reduce the amount of cargo you can carry in the back but really, that's about it.

Speeddmn

We love ours, one bad thing is trying to install it with kids playing outside also. They tend to run around and not care... Also the directions are just pictures, no words. Some pieces took a few mins to figure out where and or why... But overall we love it!

CanadianJK72

Yup, I have them on both my 4-doors and love them. The new NX is just like a factory top only you can convert it to being a safari top with ease. Awesome that you can even still use it as a sunrider. The only drawback to them is that they reduce the amount of cargo you can carry in the back but really, that's about it.

I don't want to be a kiss ass by any means but when I saw moby with the trektop I instantly new that's the look I wanted ! How has the top help up against all the wheeling an use ? An I agree about the cargo space but really , we bought jeeps if we wanted cargo space we would have a mini vans haha I appreciate the input !

CanadianJK72

We love ours, one bad thing is trying to install it with kids playing outside also. They tend to run around and not care... Also the directions are just pictures, no words. Some pieces took a few mins to figure out where and or why... But overall we love it!

Great ! An Ya I can see how that would make it difficult lol , how long have you had yours ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to be a kiss ass by any means but when I saw moby with the trektop I instantly new that's the look I wanted ! How has the top help up against all the wheeling an use ? An I agree about the cargo space but really , we bought jeeps if we wanted cargo space we would have a mini vans haha I appreciate the input !

So far so good. The rain gutters on the door surrounds are cracked from hitting trees but that would have been the case with a factory door surrounds too. They are literally that much the same. Of course, Bestop makes the factory soft tops.

hbkid22

I run a trektop NX twill year round in Colorado and love it. No leaks and amazingly quiet and warm.

Hobolobo

I love mine. The only drawbacks I can think of are that it is a little more noisy over the factory premium top and it does reduce cargo room. But it looks so badass that I don't really care about those.

TerpForHire

Some people have complained about the install (people complain about everything). There are some videos out there that give you a pretty good idea of the install, there is even one by Bestop. It will also be a big help if you are installing on a hot sunny day. The heat will help relax the material and it will stretch out. Some guys have rushed the install and had issues, so ensure you are patient with the install and she will keep you warm and dry.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm sold and getting one. There is a $50 rebate on them. I PM'd a vendor on here to see if anymore discounts through them...no reply.

JKRicky

I just installed mine yesterday and absolutely love it. The quality is great and very easy to install. I haven't noticed any difference in road noise compared to my hard top and haven't had any flapping issues. And of course, they just look badass!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I just installed mine yesterday and absolutely love it. The quality is great and very easy to install. I haven't noticed any difference in road noise compared to my hard top and haven't had any flapping issues. And of course, they just look badass!

Pics or it did not happen!

Top Bottom