2.5 or 3 inch teraflex lift?

JKWrang

Do you think the ride improved a lot with the bilstien shocks?

From a sport with hydro shocks (factory OEM) to a sport with monotube shocks (Bilsteins)?

Absolutely. And maybe thats why I like the ride so much.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You have all that gear on your jeep and you didn't lift it?

Oh the dozer took a nose dive. I added a 1" spacer to get me by. But our new jeep came with 19/60 springs. They are a tad bit stiffer and that jeep sits pretty tall. I'm in the same boat, I really want to run 315/70 Goodyear duratrac tires. But can't decide on a spacer to take advantage of the springs or get the Rancho 2" sport kit.

JKWrang

Oh the dozer took a nose dive. I added a 1" spacer to get me by. But our new jeep came with 19/60 springs. They are a tad bit stiffer and that jeep sits pretty tall. I'm in the same boat, I really want to run 315/70 Goodyear duratrac tires. But can't decide on a spacer to take advantage of the springs or get the Rancho 2" sport kit.

Go to page 1 of this thread and you shoukd have it figured out by the time tou get here!!! :cheesy:

Aedawsey

I just feel like I will be disappointed with the coil spacer lift, everyone has recommended it to me but I just feel like it's not enough for my tall jeep taste.
I do run 265 duratracs right now and they look so beefy even at the small size now. I only have about 7000 miles on them now though and they are a really smooth ride.
Are rancho coils good? Why would you lean towards that brand?

JKWrang

I just feel like I will be disappointed with the coil spacer lift, everyone has recommended it to me but I just feel like it's not enough for my tall jeep taste.
I do run 265 duratracs right now and they look so beefy even at the small size now. I only have about 7000 miles on them now though and they are a really smooth ride.
Are rancho coils good? Why would you lean towards that brand?

Honestly, if you like the ride quality you have now and youre considering a coil lift at 2-3".... get the spacer lift.

Youll maintain ride quality.

Save money.

Feel taller.

Look taller.

Be taller.

And youll save $$$

Aedawsey

Honestly, if you like the ride quality you have now and youre considering a coil lift at 2-3".... get the spacer lift.

Youll maintain ride quality.

Save money.

Feel taller.

Look taller.

Be taller.

And youll save $$$

Why did you go with the coil lift instead of the spacers?

olram30

Then I thought about doing a 2" spacer kit and instead of getting new shocks, putting evo rock stars and using my factory shocks to save money.

JKWrang

You will need either new shocks or shock extension adapters.

Given that you have a 2wd you have no shaft issues that I'm aware of at 2.5 to 3 inches of lift.

That said I went with a coil lift because I have 4wd, I do wheel and I wanted a different ride than a stock Jeep. I probably could have done a spacer lift and gotten similar results, but I do like the option to add a spacer if I add weight to the JKU later on in the form of bumpers.

Get the spacer lift. You wont be disappointed - youll have clearance enough for tires, keep your ride quality and be able to be lifted.

Aedawsey

You will need either new shocks or shock extension adapters.

Given that you have a 2wd you have no shaft issues that I'm aware of at 2.5 to 3 inches of lift.

That said I went with a coil lift because I have 4wd, I do wheel and I wanted a different ride than a stock Jeep. I probably could have done a spacer lift and gotten similar results, but I do like the option to add a spacer if I add weight to the JKU later on in the form of bumpers.

Get the spacer lift. You wont be disappointed - youll have clearance enough for tires, keep your ride quality and be able to be lifted.

If I get that 2.5 inch budget boost than I will want to get a xrc front stinger bumper because I saved so much money.
Will that weight drop my lift lower? And if it does how could I adjust to the drop?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have 3" Teraflex on 2 door and it is just barely enough.

really? thats funny cause my 2.5 teraflex on my 2 door and 35's is more than enough. i can prob swap over to the evo 3" plush rides and be sitting at the exact same height with how how their stiff coils make me sit.

olram30

If I get that 2.5 inch budget boost than I will want to get a xrc front stinger bumper because I saved so much money.
Will that weight drop my lift lower? And if it does how could I adjust to the drop?

Most of these kits have taller front spacers than the rear.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

get the spacer lift for sure. its the cheapest way and a smart way to go imo. you get the spacer kit without shocks, get a better aftermarket set like the bilstein 5100's or rancho rs7000's and call it a day.

JKWrang

Well it might. It might not drop it too much. You wont lose the whole lift if you do.

Baaically you have all the facts here in this thread - you need to weigh out your needs and figure out what the best value is for you. A quick recap:

A budget boost will give you the lift for less, allowing you the look you need. It is easy to install. You maintain ride quality and upgrade the ride height

A coil lift is more $$$ but has the option to add a puck if necessary after a weigjt change

Ride is 100% subjective, ride first and check it out.

greenenvey

I would get a rockkrawler 2.5 inch coil lift and if you decide you want more height install a inch body lift. I know several people that run this and love the setup.

Top Bottom