2014 Off Road Evolution JK-Experience presented by Nitto Tire - The Pacific Northwest

JAGS

Hooked
What's crazy is for the last few years all I hear is how people have amazing times and make great new friendships on the JKX. Somehow, this is the first I've heard of someone making more enemies. That shows you the true character of a person.

- Jason

GCM 2

What's crazy is for the last few years all I hear is how people have amazing times and make great new friendships on the JKX. Somehow, this is the first I've heard of someone making more enemies. That shows you the true character of a person.

- Jason

Well, on the 2010 JKX in Colorado we did have two guys who were not really fitting in. One had major troubles with his rig from the start, in fact I think he even left home trailering knowing that his rig was all jacked up. I think he only wheeled it on day one at Holy Cross and the last day in Billings Canyon, and trailered it the rest of the way following us to the towns we slept in at night. The guy was so abrasive and such a complete dick to anyone who attempted to offer help, we just gave up. The really crappy part about it was that the co-driver he brought along was a genuinely an awesome guy. My co-driver and I actually offered him several times to just jump in with us in EVOJEEP and ride along so he could at least experience the trails. But he was a true friend to that douche and stuck it out with the one who brought him to the dance.

The other guy, oddly enough was one of three Gregs on 2010 JKX, and basically showed up with a jeep that really should not have been allowed by the rules to run. He had a brand new 2010 jeep with Hemi straight from the dealer and AEV. He had the ATX slabs with the 37" Falkens that were given out to participants who wanted them, an EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger, no rear bumper or tire carrier. Everything else was stock. That was it. Mel made sure that this guys knew his jeep was going to get destroyed on a few of the trails. He said he did not care. He was a likable guy, but would not listen to any of us. I gave up spotting for him because he would not take instructions. And as predicted, with no skids, no sliders, no armor and not listening to any of us on the support crew who were spotting lines, he destroyed his brand new jeep. It was actually awesome to watch on the last day in Billings Canyon :cheesy:

Other than that, the JKX is usually filled with a mix of first time jeep owners to guys who race and everything in between. It really is a bunch of fun.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, on the 2010 JKX in Colorado we did have two guys who were not really fitting in. One had major troubles with his rig from the start, in fact I think he even left home trailering knowing that his rig was all jacked up. I think he only wheeled it on day one at Holy Cross and the last day in Billings Canyon, and trailered it the rest of the way following us to the towns we slept in at night. The guy was so abrasive and such a complete dick to anyone who attempted to offer help, we just gave up. The really crappy part about it was that the co-driver he brought along was a genuinely an awesome guy. My co-driver and I actually offered him several times to just jump in with us in EVOJEEP and ride along so he could at least experience the trails. But he was a true friend to that douche and stuck it out with the one who brought him to the dance.

The other guy, oddly enough was one of three Gregs on 2010 JKX, and basically showed up with a jeep that really should not have been allowed by the rules to run. He had a brand new 2010 jeep with Hemi straight from the dealer and AEV. He had the ATX slabs with the 37" Falkens that were given out to participants who wanted them, an EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger, no rear bumper or tire carrier. Everything else was stock. That was it. Mel made sure that this guys knew his jeep was going to get destroyed on a few of the trails. He said he did not care. He was a likable guy, but would not listen to any of us. I gave up spotting for him because he would not take instructions. And as predicted, with no skids, no sliders, no armor and not listening to any of us on the support crew who were spotting lines, he destroyed his brand new jeep. It was actually awesome to watch on the last day in Billings Canyon :cheesy:

Other than that, the JKX is usually filled with a mix of first time jeep owners to guys who race and everything in between. It really is a bunch of fun.

LOL!! Cindy and I were just having this exact conversation!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I've heard that story at least 10 times and it never gets old. I always get a big smile on my face hearing about that guy fucking up his jeep. :cheesy:

GCM 2

Greg Next year when these come out on the market I'll see if I can get you a discount on a set until then just keep liking from a far. :bleh::bleh:

Actually, have you seen the new KR2's? It is a badass looking tire, wouldn't mine seeing how they work out at the hammers. I expect to see a lot of Nittos and a lot of the new BFG KR2's

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Meanwhile on OREs FB page.
1412888348132.jpg
So I got curious and wondered onto his page to see this.
1412888404124.jpg
He should probably make his FB private. ...

Loading please wait....

GCM 2

Meanwhile on OREs FB page.

So I got curious and wondered onto his page to see this.

He should probably make his FB private. ...

Loading please wait....

Jesse simply lost the opportunity to prove he could be humble, swallow his perfectly designed "I am an engineer" pride and just be a part of a group of great people. I genuinely feel sorry for that guy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He hit every obstacle on every trails? Really?? :thinking:

You know, I half have to wonder if this is his way of ensuring that he makes the video :cheesy:

thardy

Banned

You know, I half have to wonder if this is his way of ensuring that he makes the video :cheesy:

You should do a special "not before seen editor's cut" that's just Jesse taking the bypass throughout the trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rinkishjk

I can't wait to see the editing and the final outcome of the video. There's always one bad apple.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

After every obstacle it should cut to a shot of his jeep saying "meanwhile, on the sidelines."

Top Bottom