2014 WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run Photos

StrizzyChris

How many cooks does it take to make El Pastor??
main.php

So, while showing Kim all of these pics from the trip she asked me "whats with this pic" to which I replied "oh my god, those were some of the best Tacos I've ever had" and her response...."no I meant all the dudes fondling each other?" Well I had no response or justification. All I could say is that Adam's first stop after the trail was San Fran and she immediately understood everything ;)

But there was this one guy that had to touch up his rock rails! :thinking: :doh: ;)

OK GCM, I've chalked up your absence from this topic on Facebook due to you possibly not having an account....but come on man, I need some backup on here! :giveup:

Last edited:
So bummed I couldn't make this trip, Can definitely tell that fun was had by all. I hope to be able to make your next run :thumb:

Last edited:

r2fasani

There is so much Jeep awesomeness in these photos, my computer just about gave up the ghost. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for taking the photos and videos and posting them! Great lookin' Jeeps to all in the photos.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So how long did it take Doug to go get the new steering box and get back to you guys? I'm always curious about that in the Rubicon videos and the on-trail descriptions of the carnage.

"Hey this is where (insert random person here) broke his/her (essential part of his/her JK) so (usually seems to be Doug) hauled ass off the trail, grabbed a new one (from the always available Good Samaritan that is able to get the needed piece to the trail), and hauled ass back where we had time to fix the broken part, make it to camp/off the trail, and still have time to have a drink."

Are there bypasses around several of the obstacles that allow the trail to be run faster than if you are doing the obstacles or what?

It just always seems like magic to read about or watch these parts appear within a few hours of the breakage. I haven't ever been to the Rubicon (and not really sure I ever will make it) so I have a hard time picturing how this happens and what the real-time is in which it occurs. :thinking:

p.s. Oh and I'm not so proud of my new 35s now. :D

We got most of the group to the observation point on Cadillac Hill by about 11:30 AM. There were about 5 Jeeps behind Brian and so I went down to help while everyone else waited there. After we realized that the spare sector shaft I had wasn't going to work, we decided to work on getting Brian's Jeep out of the way so that everyone behind him could get by. I should also note that there was a pissy FJ40 guy wanting to come down as well. After we got Brian's Jeep out of the way, we got everyone down to the staging area and had Doug make his way to Tahoe City where he could get the new steering box from MTG. While we waited for Doug to come back, I had Moochie lead everyone else back to South Lake Tahoe. Doug made got back around 5 PM and I sent him back to South Lake Tahoe as well while Tony, Adam, Cindy and I headed back up the mountain. When all was said and done, Brian, Courtney, Tony, Adam, Cindy and I didn't get back to South Lake Tahoe until 9 PM. Our first Rock Hard Wet Woodies didn't get served until almost 10 PM :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great job on these images! We had so much fun on the trip and I'm really glad we were able to enjoy it with such great company. Cheers!!

So glad that you and Sunshine were able to join us :thumb:

A great adventure with friends. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the videos:thumb:
Looking forward to the next one:yup::rock:

Thanks again for all your help Ray. Definitely looking forward to the next one :yup:

Hey Eddie and the California trail crew, It was great meeting you here at the beginning of your journey here in Missouri, and the pics and stories that you all share from these journeys is what makes this such a great Wayalife and one that I hope to join in on one of these days, thanks for all the time and effort that all of you guys put in on this for the rest of us to enjoy also.

It was a real pleasure to meet you in Independence and it would be great if you could run the Rubicon with us sometime soon :cool:

Thanks for the Travelog.

Looks like a great time had by all.

I have good memories of the Rubicon, have been through a couple times in reverse.

So, based on what you saw during this trip, what would you say would be a good setup for a 4 door JK?

Tires, Lift, Suspension, Lockers, Rock Rails?

Thanks!

On a 4-door, I personally would recommend 35" tires and at least 2.5" of lift. Rocker guards are a must but lockers are not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can happily and easily say that I had a huge grin on my face as I looked through all of these photos! This was one insanely fun run put together by Eddie and Cindy and I cant thank them enough for doing this.

I would also like to say that every member that went on this run rocks! With 25 rigs and over 50 people on this run there was not one shit head and that's a tough feat. Everyone was down for a good time and made the trail and camp seem like a group of old friends that have known each other for years. Cheers to a great run and hopefully many more in the future! :drinks:

We're so glad that you were able to join us with your brother. We're also glad that you were willing to run our windshield decal :crazyeyes:

But there was this one guy that had to touch up his rock rails! :thinking: :doh: ;)

Who does that?? :cheesy:

Okay. That's it. Screw the spacers and 285s. Real lift and 35s when (if) I get a Christmas bonus. I want to do the Rubicon August 2015.

If you can make it out, let us know :yup:

That water was freezing. I'm still recovering.

Awesome pictures Eddie and Cindy! Thanks for another great trip!

:cheesy: You guys are nuts, you know that right? :crazy eyes:

Thanks again for all your help.

Good Stuff. :beer:
It was a great trip!!

It was and if I'm right, this is the first time John has done it without incident :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, while showing Kim all of these pics from the trip she asked me "whats with this pic" to which I replied "oh my god, those were some of the best Tacos I've ever had" and her response...."no I meant all the dudes fondling each other?" Well I had no response or justification. All I could say is that Adam's first stop after the trail was San Fran and she immediately understood everything ;)

Well, since we're going there, I guess I'll have to post up this one :crazy eyes:

main.php

OK GCM, IU chalked up your absence from this topic on Facebook due to you possibly not having an account....but come on man, I need some backup on here! :giveup:

Don't be looking for an assist - This is all you man :D

Sessoms14X

This looks absolutely amazing! Awesome pics n videos, I would love to do this someday! Looks like an all around fun trip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Great pictures as usual. This was an amazing trip with a bunch of great memories! I can't wait to get back and give little sluice another try, I was really hoping to make it through unassisted but it just didn't quite happen on my 35s.

Hey Eddie any pics of me straightening out my tierod on that log ?

noroad

WOW looks like a blast guys, very nice pic's eddie, thanks!! I can not wait to get out there!!

ttfhell

Great pics to commemorate a great trip. Thanks again for putting it all together. Such a great group of people this year.

sean.m.adams33

Another epic trip for the books. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. I hope to join one of the next times! Until then I will live vicariously through these pics and movies!

MTG

Caught the Bug
That water was freezing. I'm still recovering.

Ah, the ol' blame the cold water routine. ;)

When all was said and done, Brian, Courtney, Tony, Adam, Cindy and I didn't get back to South Lake Tahoe until 9 PM. Our first Rock Hard Wet Woodies didn't get served until almost 10 PM :crazyeyes:

Oh man. Now I feel sort-of bad about stopping and having a couple of rounds of beers with Doug at Sunnyside. :cheesy:

JKFlyer

Felt like i was there. Great recap!! Awesome pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome pics for an amazing trip! i would have never thought to use the winch like you did to steer the jeep! very inovative! glad everyone had fun and got off the trail ok!

Top Bottom