2014 WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run Photos

gigem86

Wow, that looks like it was an awesome trip ... someday! Question: what size tires/lift/etc are on that yellow 2-dr in the pics?

drtnwtr

Great pics, and thanks again Eddie and Cindy for putting this together!
And, sorry everyone had to see that meat stick...!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer this one.

View attachment 90940

It shows that it wasn't exactly rape because everyone was happy.

:cheesy:

Awesome pic's and video's. Thanks for posting. I would like to do this run in the future.

This looks absolutely amazing! Awesome pics n videos, I would love to do this someday! Looks like an all around fun trip.

Well, we'll be sure to post up when we do it again and with any luck, you'll be able to join us :yup:

Great pictures as usual. This was an amazing trip with a bunch of great memories! I can't wait to get back and give little sluice another try, I was really hoping to make it through unassisted but it just didn't quite happen on my 35s.

Hey Eddie any pics of me straightening out my tierod on that log ?

Glad you could make it and I actually tried taking a short video of it but, it stopped early. :naw:

It's all good, I know that you've always supported the same "fallen soldiers" that I do!

View attachment 90942

LOL!! Damn straight!! :clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics to commemorate a great trip. Thanks again for putting it all together. Such a great group of people this year.

Thanks again for all your help on this run. While the group was great this year, you may of had a better time with an angry ginger and a guy who likes to post up pics of his Jeep flexed out on a fork lift. I'm just saying.... :cheesy:

Oh man. Now I feel sort-of bad about stopping and having a couple of rounds of beers with Doug at Sunnyside. :cheesy:

Nice - real nice :naw: :crazy eyes: :D

Awesome pics for an amazing trip! i would have never thought to use the winch like you did to steer the jeep! very inovative! glad everyone had fun and got off the trail ok!

LOL!! Up until then, I'm not sure I would have ever thought to use it like that either. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that looks like it was an awesome trip ... someday! Question: what size tires/lift/etc are on that yellow 2-dr in the pics?

That would be OverlanderJK's Jeep and if I recall, he's running a TF 3" kit that's yielded him over 4" of lift. He's running it on 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers.

Great pics, and thanks again Eddie and Cindy for putting this together!
And, sorry everyone had to see that meat stick...!!!

:cheesy: The image will forever be burned into my eyes!!
So glad that you and your dad were able to join us on this run :thumb:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Amazing pics! Any chance of a follow up video? And as other people have said, one day I'll do the rubicon... one day.:rock::rock::rock:

CJ THAT WENT JK

Oh the great Cadillac hill. Glad you guys got everyone off. It is always fun wheeling with Eddie. He will be one of the first guys to lend a hand when your jeep has an issue on the trail.:thumb: As for Russ, he will just sit back and laugh at you. :D

Daehgib

Awesome pictures from what sounds like an amazing journey! This definitely solidifies my desire to rock the Rubicon. Hopefully I can join in next time on what seems like a very fun crew.

Also, wireless winch control = biggest remote controlled jeep ever?? :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing pics! Any chance of a follow up video? And as other people have said, one day I'll do the rubicon... one day.:rock::rock::rock:

Sorry, didn't do any filming on this trip as the group was just too big. When you do run the Rubicon, I hope it'll be with us :yup:

Oh the great Cadillac hill. Glad you guys got everyone off. It is always fun wheeling with Eddie. He will be one of the first guys to lend a hand when your jeep has an issue on the trail.:thumb: As for Russ, he will just sit back and laugh at you. :D

LOL!! Missed you on this run. Hope all is well with you. :cool:

Awesome pictures from what sounds like an amazing journey! This definitely solidifies my desire to rock the Rubicon. Hopefully I can join in next time on what seems like a very fun crew.

Also, wireless winch control = biggest remote controlled jeep ever?? :thumb:

That would be great if you could join us.

The first drive-by-wire Jeep.

LOL!! Indeed. At least for steering anyway. Actually, the accelerator on a JK is drive by wire so, maybe you're right :D

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Am I the only who can't see the pic on the app

i had that as well and usually do. i tend to look at runs with tons of pics like this on the computer for easier view anyway. try deleting the app and reinstalling maybe?

GreenMonster

Awesome trip!!!!! Hope one day I can be part of the group and get on this trail too!!!
I especially like the "no one left behind" part!! Really shows the integrity of the Wayalife community!! :thumb:

UpsideUp

Looks like an amazingly good time. I can't wait to join such a cool looking group of people on one of the most amazing trails. The pictures really put you there and lead to hours of day dreaming for a lot of us on here I'm sure.
Out of curiosity were there any other spots on the trail that gave the 35's/ no lockers Jeeps problems like the little sluce? Or is that considered the pinnacle of toughness?
Just wondering if I could tackle it in my current state of build.
Thanks again for the fun time and hope to join soon!

StrizzyChris

Out of curiosity were there any other spots on the trail that gave the 35's/ no lockers Jeeps problems like the little sluce? Or is that considered the pinnacle of toughness?
Just wondering if I could tackle it in my current state of build.
Thanks again for the fun time and hope to join soon!

There's still obsticles for the most extreme rigs to be challenged on, but the little sluice USED to be the pinnacle of toughness on the Rubicon. A little over a year ago they demo'd the huge boulders to make it easier and less likely for rigs to tip and spill oil/coolant/etc like they used to. There are bypasses throughout the trail(there's one for little sluice) and a 4D on 35's can get through without lockers.

Thanks for posting up the pics Eddie. As always you captured the moment. Someday Canvas JK and myself will be on the Rubicon.

R/
Will

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
There's still obsticles for the most extreme rigs to be challenged on, but the little sluice USED to be the pinnacle of toughness on the Rubicon. A little over a year ago they demo'd the huge boulders to make it easier and less likely for rigs to tip and spill oil/coolant/etc like they used to. There are bypasses throughout the trail(there's one for little sluice) and a 4D on 35's can get through without lockers.

I'm guessing that those bypasses are how Jeep was able to get pics of their different stock models on the Rubicon?

Top Bottom