2015 WAYALIFE EPIC TREX Trail Run Schedule

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
The requirements will be the same as the Rubicon - Rocker guards as well as tow points front and rear and lockers front and rear are a must. 2-doors will need to be on 35" tires and 4-doors on 37" tires.

Hi Eddie,

Quick question for the Rubicon Run. I took a peak at the 2014 Rubicon requirements and I notice 35" tires were required for 4-Doors. Above you mention 37". Are you bumping up the requirement?

I'm currently running 35s and currently on the fence to make the commitment to jump to 37s. This might help give me the necessary nudge! :)

Thanks!

K.D.C.H

The requirements will be the same as the Rubicon - Rocker guards as well as tow points front and rear and lockers front and rear are a must. 2-doors will need to be on 35" tires and 4-doors on 37" tires.

Well dang it, this will put me out of running the July Rubicon Run, there no way I'll be able to have it all done before than.

Oh well, of the dates that are already posted up I know I'll be putting my name in for the "Newbie Run/Camping Trip", the "Kick-Off to Summer Camping Trip" and the "California or Bust - The Home Stretch" runs and I know more when they're posted, can't wait :thumb:

Last edited:

Rmorin222

Eddie,

I know the newbie run is specifically for those new to 4wheeling. Would that extend to significant others that have yet to spend time behind the wheel? My girlfriend and I are trying to plan our summer and some of these runs are on the top of the list, and I would love to get her behind the wheel at some point this summer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie,

Quick question for the Rubicon Run. I took a peak at the 2014 Rubicon requirements and I notice 35" tires were required for 4-Doors. Above you mention 37". Are you bumping up the requirement?

I'm currently running 35s and currently on the fence to make the commitment to jump to 37s. This might help give me the necessary nudge! :)

Thanks!

Well dang it, this will put me out of running the July Rubicon Run, there no way I'll be able to have it all done before than.

Oh well, of the dates that are already posted up I know I'll be putting my name in for the "Newbie Run/Camping Trip", the "Kick-Off to Summer Camping Trip" and the "California or Bust - The Home Stretch" runs and I know more when they're posted, can't wait :thumb:

Sorry about the confusion, the Rockin Rubicon Run will be open to 35" tires. Once I start an official thread for it, all the details will be posted on it.

Argh! I'll be in Seattle for work during the Rubicon Run. :(

Really?? You know this for sure this early on? What a bummer. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

I know the newbie run is specifically for those new to 4wheeling. Would that extend to significant others that have yet to spend time behind the wheel? My girlfriend and I are trying to plan our summer and some of these runs are on the top of the list, and I would love to get her behind the wheel at some point this summer.

To clarify, if it is your girlfriend that will be doing the driving, we would love for you to join us. This is exactly what this run is for. We just didn't want a whole bunch of built up big times coming out as we have found it can be intimidating to all the newbies.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
2015 WAYALIFE Trail Run Schedule

Really?? You know this for sure this early on? What a bummer. :grayno:

Yep. I'm teaching a legal seminar at a convention. It's four days (I double checked and it actually ends the Sunday before the Rubicon trip starts)...but I can't take that much back to back time off.

K.D.C.H

Eddie

Even though I know my rig wouldn't be ready to do the Rubicon but is it ever common for anyone that is going to offer up a passenger spot.

It would be cool to check out the Rubicon with someone that has a lot more experience before actually taking it on myself. Obviously I'd be more than willing to pitching in for things like gas, hotels and food for the driver.

Just wondering if this kind of stuff happens or not

Eddie

Even though I know my rig wouldn't be ready to do the Rubicon but is it ever common for anyone that is going to offer up a passenger spot.

It would be cool to check out the Rubicon with someone that has a lot more experience before actually taking it on myself. Obviously I'd be more than willing to pitching in for things like gas, hotels and food for the driver.

Just wondering if this kind of stuff happens or not

Ya people will typically offer up seats as it gets closer.

JAGS

Hooked
To clarify, if it is your girlfriend that will be doing the driving, we would love for you to join us. This is exactly what this run is for. We just didn't want a whole bunch of built up big times coming out as we have found it can be intimidating to all the newbies.

I'm trying to get Amy to drive the newbie run. I think she'd have a blast as she's enjoyed the limited driving she's done so far.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Hadn't thought about having my wife do all the driving. She really enjoyed the Kick Off Run and I'm sure she would have a blast doing the Newbie Run. I'll have to run it by her. Also, it's not like I am any pro off road either! :D

Top Bottom