2015 WAYALIFE Pilgrimage to the Promised Land MEGA THREAD

Update:

Well as most of you know but some where not there, I am back up and running again. I got a call Friday morning that it was complete! So I hopped on the first fight to grand junction and was off.

The verdict is they replaced crank shaft sensor, cam shaft sensors, crank shaft, cylinder heads on 4 and 6, camshaft phaser, camshaft intake and exhaust solenoids, coil, plugs, all gaskets, oil, coolant, filters, etc (I think that's it...). Awesome, runs great...right? Nope.

It drove great for about 900 miles but the last 100-150 were a little rough. The next morning I checked my oil because I had talked to grand junction about its oil consumption. It was a full 2 quarts but closer to 2.5 low. This is in 1000 miles after a brand new oil change. I topped it off like I usually do, checked everything else and started driving home. About 60 miles from home I start feeling a click again. My gut says it won't last long so it will be back in the dealership tomorrow.

The saga continues...
Oh man.....glad you got it home....Good luck with it all......

Petthefish

Wow what a bummer sounds to me like you're gonna need a new engine. Hope they get it worked out at least you can take it to your local service center now

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I am...I think we will be coming to a crossroads soon. Up to this point everyone has been ok with it. I've had the head gasket replaced, heads / cylinders checked before this latest problem and it's all been "ok".

I think you have a leg up, they have done all this work and the motor is still not right.

It's their baby now.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Back in the Comfort Zone

Just got home this morning and it feels so good to be back where I have my rocking chair and know where all the light switches are.

I stayed overnight in Victorville so that I would be first in line at the dealership to drop off the Jeep. The A/C went out on the second day and I have gone through another 3 quarts of oil since the first three that we added on the road to Williams. I am hoping that I will not turn out to be a close relative of Petey's ( I love ya like a brother, Jason, but... ).

More importantly, I want to thank everyone that participated on this trip. The adventure, the knowledge gained, the friendships cemented and the laughs shared are priceless memories that I will treasure forever. From the first day to the last, it was a blast.

Susan can't stop smiling and laughing. I think she might have had as much fun on this trip as when she is with the grandchildren. That's saying something!

I thank you all for an amazing time and epic road trip, but I would like to add an additional thanks to Eddie and Tony for their help on the trail, to Cindy for her dedication in chronicling this adventure so that I can show a way of life to my drinking buddies and anyone else in close proximity at any gathering I attend, and to Stephanie for handling the logistics that was probably akin to herding cats.

As for the rest of you...YOU ARE THE BEST!

Just got home this morning and it feels so good to be back where I have my rocking chair and know where all the light switches are.

I stayed overnight in Victorville so that I would be first in line at the dealership to drop off the Jeep. The A/C went out on the second day and I have gone through another 3 quarts of oil since the first three that we added on the road to Williams. I am hoping that I will not turn out to be a close relative of Petey's ( I love ya like a brother, Jason, but... ).

More importantly, I want to thank everyone that participated on this trip. The adventure, the knowledge gained, the friendships cemented and the laughs shared are priceless memories that I will treasure forever. From the first day to the last, it was a blast.

Susan can't stop smiling and laughing. I think she might have had as much fun on this trip as when she is with the grandchildren. That's saying something!

I thank you all for an amazing time and epic road trip, but I would like to add an additional thanks to Eddie and Tony for their help on the trail, to Cindy for her dedication in chronicling this adventure so that I can show a way of life to my drinking buddies and anyone else in close proximity at any gathering I attend, and to Stephanie for handling the logistics that was probably akin to herding cats.

As for the rest of you...YOU ARE THE BEST!

You know what's funny...my AC went out too. I'm glad you made it back in one piece. I hope everything is easily fixed. :thumb:

John82601

Thanks everybody for sharing your pictures and stories with us.:thumb: It keeps the Wayalife alive in those of us that weren't able to be there.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
After 3037.3 epic miles and an adventure of a lifetime with good friends we are finally back home in Carson City!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429672575.466587.jpg

Top Bottom