2015 WAYALIFE Pilgrimage to the Promised Land

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
DSC04214-W.jpg

As most of you know, Cindy and I head out to Moab every year and spend a week wheeling there during the Easter Jeep Safari. However, for 2015, we plan on changing things up a bit and will be making our pilgrimage to the promised land into a trek that loosely follows a route up Colorado River. We will also NOT be doing this trip during the week of EJS as it will help us to avoid the crowds and allow us to enjoy Moab for what it really is. If you think you might be interested in joining us on this once in a life time adventure, you will need to know the following. First, there will be minimum requirements in order for you to come. Second, we will only be allowing 12 Jeeps to join us on the trek. Third, because we will need to book rooms for the destinations we will not be camping at as soon as possible, you will only have until Friday, January 16, 2015 to commit to coming on this trip. NOTE: This run is now full.

WHEN: Friday, April 10, 2015 - Sunday, April 19, 2015
WHERE: Laughlin, NV - Moab, UT

The Plan
The Plan will be to meet up in Laughlin, NV on Friday, April 10, 2015. From there, we will follow portions of Route 66, wheel to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, drive to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, explore the towering buttes at Monument Valley, run a couple of historic trails around the Lake Powell area, do a little camping, do some wheeling in Canyonlands and then finish up our week with some hardcore wheeling in Moab.

Minimum Requirements
• 2-Doors: 2.5" Lift / 35" Tires
• 4-Doors: 3" Lift / 37" Tires
• Lockers Front & Rear
• Rocker Guards
• Tow Points Front & Rear
• Recovery Gear
• CB Radio
• WAYALIFE Windshield Banner (BLACK NOT ALLOWED)

Who's Going
1. wayoflife & CarsonCindy (2)
2. JeepFan & GemHunter (2)
3. Moochie (1)
4. RanchoRubi (2)
5. JAGS & Amy (2)
6. Trail JK & Ray (2)
7. crippledpetey (2)
8. Strainger & Strainger's Heart (2)
9. Dean454 (2)
10. spinuck (4)
11. Brendon (2)
12. blazer (1)

Part Time Travelers
1. piginajeep (4)
2. Kenb1010 (1)

Again, we will only be allowing a maximum of 12 Jeeps to join us but we have made an exception to allow a few Jeeps to join us for part of the trip. We'd prefer to keep our group to no more than 15 Jeeps total.

If you can't make this trek but might be able to meet up with us later in the week once we're in Moab, please let us know. Maybe we can work out some kind of group run then and/or do some kind of BBQ. Of course, if you have any questions, please post them up on this thread so that everyone can benefit from the Q&A. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Count me an GemHunter in. This is going to be an awesome adventure!

So glad that you'll be making this pilgrimage to the promised land with us and I really do appreciate all your help in getting things setup :cool:

We are all in. Looks like another epic adventure:D

Awesome! If you've never been out and about the areas we will be covering along the way, I think you will really enjoy this trip. :yup:

Looking forward to this. We are in :yup::yup:

Fantastic! I wasn't sure if you'd be able to make it but I'm happy to know you will be joining us :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in !!!
Can we leave now? I don't know if I can wait that long to see Moab.

LOL!! It's pretty cold out there right now and they might even be seeing some snow. I think I can wait a bit.
Glad to hear you will be joining us for this epic adventure :)

This will be a fun adventure and a chance to see some new territory. Thank you for planning it!

You bet and we're so glad that you'll be joining us. I think your roommate will be happy too :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So far there is an all star cast going 

LOL!! Well, in all fairness, a lot of these folks are people that we see in person on a regular basis and they get an early heads up on our plans if only because they're hanging out and drinking with us. And, in a lot of ways, they are also the ones who help make our big trips possible as they are the backbone of our support. :yup:

hbkid22

Eddie. I won't have a front locker by then but was curious if I only could do a few days (as I won't be able to do the full week) could I get away with just a rear? If not I understand.

Edit. Just read previous posts. Won't make it this year. Bummed but maybe one of these I can make.

Last edited:
LOL!! Well, in all fairness, a lot of these folks are people that we see in person on a regular basis and they get an early heads up on our plans if only because they're hanging out and drinking with us. And, in a lot of ways, they are also the ones who help make our big trips possible as they are the backbone of our support. :yup:

Great cast of friends to have. Also seen most if not all in the various videos. 👍

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Bummer. I am sorry for having these minimum requirements especially being that a lot of what we will be doing won't require them but, they help to keep things moving along and that's pretty important when you have a big group.

I deff understand. It does look like your big trip requirements are always the same, so it gives us something to work towards. :yup:

Can we look forward to a short video?

Top Bottom