2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I'm about ready.

EVO protek tranny skid installed finally (twice today)
CB fully installed
Fire extinguisher mount fabbed up waiting on paint to dry. 5 minute job left.
Recovery gear ready but need a snatch block.

Trying to decide if I have time to install C gussetts but I'm only running 275s. And I'm slow at everything.

Hard top or soft top. Hmm. Stopping in Chattanooga for a day, so a little worried about theft.

What else?????

Gravedigger11

I'm about ready.

EVO protek tranny skid installed finally (twice today)
CB fully installed
Fire extinguisher mount fabbed up waiting on paint to dry. 5 minute job left.
Recovery gear ready but need a snatch block.

Trying to decide if I have time to install C gussetts but I'm only running 275s. And I'm slow at everything.

Hard top or soft top. Hmm. Stopping in Chattanooga for a day, so a little worried about theft.

What else?????

Rum rum rum

croge17

If anyone has a stock rear DS they could bring as a spare I would greatly appreciate it. My 1350 shaft wont be here until friday and i will already be there by that point.

Draconianwinter

I hate my phone at times. And I probably need to pay closer attention when I am typing. Intended to ask RMC2 where he was planning on staying in Chattanooga. Depends on where was going to stay would greatly determine if he needed to worry too much about theft lol. Near downtown definitely don't leave anything you will miss later or right away. If more north of town on i75 you won't have to many issues at the motels in just off shallowford Rd excited 5 I think it is. But if off exit 7 it's kind of iffy. I live there is why I asked. Hopefully we'll be home come Thursday by noon if I can do I can be up at wind rock by that night

Draconianwinter

Wednesday morningish.

Lookout mountain, caves, and battlefields on the agenda. Thinking comfort inn or la quinta for the night.

Avoid anything that is neat downtown on i24. As far as the caves and the battlefield go I have never heard of any issues at either place. You don't usually get to many thieves wandering the battlefield. Don't get me wrong even if it's one off of shallowford Rd of i75 be careful but you generally have very few issues at those. At exit 7 Lee highway and Jenkins you have allot of section 8 within a mile or so of them anywhere near i24 you get a lot of homeless people prostitutes and junkies not to mention allot of gang members

AU Bronc N JK

Avoid anything that is neat downtown on i24. As far as the caves and the battlefield go I have never heard of any issues at either place. You don't usually get to many thieves wandering the battlefield. Don't get me wrong even if it's one off of shallowford Rd of i75 be careful but you generally have very few issues at those. At exit 7 Lee highway and Jenkins you have allot of section 8 within a mile or so of them anywhere near i24 you get a lot of homeless people prostitutes and junkies not to mention allot of gang members

He's pretty much covered it. I lived in chatt for 20 years and my wife's family and my sis still live there. I visit at least once a month. Going downtown for food and aquarium you won't have any problems. But if u stay downtown, residence inn is decent with well lit parking lot that I've stayed at numerous times in a soft top with no issues as well
As the new Hampton inn.

Top Bottom