2022 WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run

Sometimes it is helpful to have someone walk you thru a procedure instead of trying to make sense out of Chinese manuals. There are a few helpful videos on YouTube on this model.
Much appreciated. I found a few good ones already. It’s like drinking from a firehose… almost too much to digest

TrailHunter

Hooked
Okay this showed up today. Have no idea how it works or if it's the right one.

View attachment 370332
Looks like a GMRS radio... but has the capability to LISTEN only with the channels we will be using.

Wayalife - "Weatherman which is 151.625 and pretty much all race radios come with. If you have the ability to program channels, we also use 151.250 and 151.430."

Rugged Radio GMR2 - "Listen-only operation - VHF 136-174 mHz and UHF 400-480 mHz"

GMRS is in the range of 462.5 - 467.7

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Looks like a GMRS radio... but has the capability to LISTEN only with the channels we will be using.

Wayalife - "Weatherman which is 151.625 and pretty much all race radios come with. If you have the ability to program channels, we also use 151.250 and 151.430."

Rugged Radio GMR2 - "Listen-only operation - VHF 136-174 mHz and UHF 400-480 mHz"

GMRS is in the range of 462.5 - 467.7
Do I have to buy the program also? I really have no clue how to work this thing. And yes, it is the GMR2

Okay this showed up today. Have no idea how it works or if it's the right one.

AC8C7FE6-9258-4819-97E0-558542829EF6.jpeg
This is the one I ended up with and a couple quick YouTube videos was all it took to help figure it out. I’d imagine you might be able to find a couple helpful videos to walk you through yours. If not, this UV-5r5 was cheap and got here in 3 days. Might be a worthy alternative.

JT@623

Hooked
I went down that rabbit hole last year and ended up ordering the same radio but from P.C.I preprogrammed and they programmed the two frequencies Eddie posted for no extra . I got two so I will have an extra for the New Years run

We are late to the party but excited kick off the New Year the right way out on the trail with all of you! Excited to meet and wheel with everyone! Below is our 2014 JKU Rubicon on some EVO CO's, NITTO 38" Trail Grapplers and some other stuff. I'll also be joined by my wife Lauren and our 7 year old Austin. See everyone soon!
OTT_MoabRim-croped.jpg
wifey.jpg

Top Bottom