3.8 or 3.6

Jgarch

Sold my 07 with just over 145,500 miles. Ran steady, burned no oil. Great motor. Just didn't go fast.

Jk909

2014 with 20,000 miles on it and it's pissing oil like crazy. I'm on my way to the dealer right now lol. I miss the old 4.0

dyn0mitemat

My buddy had a '12 that he just traded in a few weeks ago, he was convinced that his was one of the few that didn't have head problems because he had a little over 70k miles on it with no problems.

Just a week or so before trading it in guess what reared its head?
I don't think you'll ever be safe with a 12-13 that hasn't been replaced yet, but with them extending warranty coverage on them, I wouldn't worry about it personally.

BumblebeeZA

I have a 2008 JKUR.
3.8L with a Auto box.
33" MT.
Sure its slow, but very reliable.

I had a 2012 3.6 Sahara, wow, its quick, lovely motor, but I was too scared to drive my Jeep in case the motor went KABOOOM.
So I traded it in and bought a 2008 JKU Rubicon.
The 3.8L has proven itself.

My 3.8 has 81 000km's (50 000 miles) doesnt burn any oil.

Benito

Caught the Bug
2013 jkur with 43,000 miles, kept it stock up until 42,000, no head replacement, it has never have had a check engine light, and it doesn't seem to burn oil. Oil changes at 6000 miles like clock work. What goes in comes out on the next oil change. Hopefully nothing changes now that I have 37's. Luck of the draw I hope.

sierra141

2014 no problems whatsoever since day one, 48000 miles on it. Research shows the issues where on the 2012's since they hadn't worked the bugs out of the new engine. I also do the maintenance myself.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I have a 2014 with 23k miles. I don't notice any oil usage at the 5k oil changes I've been doing. Mobil 1 synthetic starting at 10k miles.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have a 2012 3.6L happy with the extra HP! I burn about 1/2 quart every 8,000 miles. I am running syncretic oil for the first time tomorrow once I Chang my oil.

Mediumsizetony

My previous jk was a 3.8 I burnt 3 qts every 5 k and ran Mobil 1 part of the reason I traded her in . I made a mistake and went with a ram 1500 but quickly realized what I had done. And I'm now in a 14 Jku 6spd with the 3.6 and love it

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well, I found the jeep for the price I wanted to pay.

It just happens to have the 3.6.

Fingers crossed!!

Top Bottom