75 cj5

Helipilot2

Some of you have seen me ask questions about the build I was wanting to start. I have officially started, with work and money it will take a year or more to do everything but it should be back on its own 4 driving again by summer 2017.

Plans:
Dana 60 Kingpin 5.38s and spool
GM 14 bolt 5.38s, spool, ballistic fab shave kit
XJ and YJ leaf springs
Hydraulic steering
40s
Roughly a 20" stretch
Paint
Boxed in frame
New interior

More will add along the way I'm sure, I will continue to update the list as it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Very cool. Glad you decided to tackle this. Let us know if you want the thread title changed too, looks like some weird characters got in there.

Helipilot2

Very cool. Glad you decided to tackle this. Let us know if you want the thread title changed too, looks like some weird characters got in there.

Yea if you could change it to "75 CJ5" that would be great. Looks like someone already has the name Tumblr. Don't want to be a copy cat.

Helipilot2

More progress, shave kit is pretty much done! More to be done tomorrow, hoping to finish up the last little bit of the 14 bolt over the weekend. Then the Dana 60 gets started.

IMG_0690.jpg IMG_0691.jpg

Helipilot2

More progress today. Dana 60 is cleaned up and ready for paint, all small and misc parts have been painted. 14 bolt is cleaned up on one side and shock and spring perches have been ground off. IMG_0713.jpg IMG_0714.jpg IMG_0715.jpg

Top Bottom