AEV JK DualSport XT 2.5 inch lift

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I don't think people realize how much axles shift when off or even on road. This is a rear axle, but it shows how much they move during articulation. No way that aev bracket, even with tabs can hold up and stay straight.
Your better off with lower control arms with Johnny joints and the ability to get your caster dialed in right.

Attachments

• 1414333755322.jpg
    1414333755322.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 172

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
in fact that is 128 km/h........speed limit in France is 130 and they (the little blue men) tolerate a 5% margin......the 2.8 diesel does it really easily and the jk is a rail......(remember our asphalts are premium no chip 'n seal or cement slabs with dilatation joints etc...)......and the best part is it does 23 mpg at that speed.

our average cruising speeds (highway) getting from A to B are usually 79 mph. (it drops the fuel usage a bit as prices here are crazy high even if its diesel-cheaper its still 4x the US Price)

But Hey: A JK is not meant for that in the first place; usually A to B is commute and then B to C is offroad:yup: (even though mine is my daily driver.......

Ummm, in case you missed it, piginajeep was being sarcastic. He's basically saying that he's not impressed.

As a side note: for a 2.5 lift it is usually acceptable not to run a bracket/ or adjustable front "panhard" rod. Especially if the front is loaded (Heavy bumper, winch, lights, etc etc). (unless a leveling spacer is slid over the coil, but then you are back to square 1)

This is true. The control arms on a JK are long enough that with a small 2.5" lift, adjusting your control arms is not necessary and no geometry correction is required. Being that your caster may be off enough to effect highway handling, a bit more positive caster would be a benefit BUT, using adjustable front lower control arms is the better way to achieve this.

I'd say those took a good whack, look at the flat sections on the bottom and arms........:naw:

You can say that being that you've never seen this happen in person but, you would be wrong. I was present when one of those pics were taken and I can assure you that nothing took a whack. This WILL happen just ramping your Jeep. Of course, you can believe what you want.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Ok, I really gave this "kit" a good look. Springs and shocks are subjective to ride comfort.
Rear track bar bracket looks ok. Not sure why they give you a new rear track bar. Factory one is just fine with a new bracket.
Brake line brackets, for new jeeps only the rears can be used.'12 and up fronts won't work.
Sway bar links. This is what I don't get. They give you more brackets for the front instead of longer ones for the rear and move rears up front.
Caster correction, none included.
Bump stops look ok.
For the price of this, it should include more components. In the end, a person still has to buy more parts to make this work . Doesn't seem like a good kit to me.

Ok, I really gave this "kit" a good look. Springs and shocks are subjective to ride comfort.
Rear track bar bracket looks ok. Not sure why they give you a new rear track bar. Factory one is just fine with a new bracket.
Brake line brackets, for new jeeps only the rears can be used.'12 and up fronts won't work.
Sway bar links. This is what I don't get. They give you more brackets for the front instead of longer ones for the rear and move rears up front.
Caster correction, none included.
Bump stops look ok.
For the price of this, it should include more components. In the end, a person still has to buy more parts to make this work . Doesn't seem like a good kit to me.

I believe the new track bar is bent differently for diff or exhaust clearance given the higher bracket.
The front swaybar brackets make absolutely 0 sense. What's a set of crown rear links cost ... Like $20 ?

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Ummm, in case you missed it, piginajeep was being sarcastic. He's basically saying that he's not impressed.

This is true. The control arms on a JK are long enough that with a small 2.5" lift, adjusting your control arms is not necessary and no geometry correction is required. Being that your caster may be off enough to effect highway handling, a bit more positive caster would be a benefit BUT, using adjustable front lower control arms is the better way to achieve this.

You can say that being that you've never seen this happen in person but, you would be wrong. I was present when one of those pics were taken and I can assure you that nothing took a whack. This WILL happen just ramping your Jeep. Of course, you can believe what you want.

Missed it........:D......will not buy those brackets that's for sure, esp since we have a DPF in the way and have to replace the pressure sensor tubing with the brackets.....just stuff to break when it takes hits or is shoved full of mud.

devonn216

Easy and constant compared against what? Try measuring again and from the location shown below. This is FACTUAL and KNOWN measurements of a stock JK.

attachment.php

Is this the same for a JKU?

Edit: BTW I wasn't kidding when I said I have been doing a lot of lift research. This thread has been dead for a while...

Top Bottom