Andrew's Build

bl17z90

Hey man is your tailgate still bouncing with the spare?

I messed with that adjustable point down below the latch and pushed it forward a little bit so now the gate rests on that and locks up tight so and mine has stopped most of the bouncing.

Drayko88

Hey man is your tailgate still bouncing with the spare?

I messed with that adjustable point down below the latch and pushed it forward a little bit so now the gate rests on that and locks up tight so and mine has stopped most of the bouncing.

I took the spare off so the tailgate has been good. I didn't know the latch was adjustable like that, what part is it specifically so i can try it out. Maybe ill try to put the spare back on if this will tighten the tailgate up. Thanks

Last edited:

bl17z90

I took the spare off so the tailgate has been good. I didn't know the latch was adjustable like that, what part is it specifically so i can try it out. Maybe ill try to put the spare back on if this will tighten the tailgate up. Thanks

I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow butif you look below the latch (on the body) there is a plate and when you loosen both bolts it can be twisted. But don't do too much or thr gate won't close.

Drayko88

My fiancee and i did the grill mesh mod on our jeeps yesterday. We bought a full sheet of mesh from pep boys instead of doing the individual pieces from Home Depot. It cost more money but it saved us alot of time to just have to make 2 cuts on the one sheet. The mesh was originally silver and we painted mine gloss black with some extra color matched touch up spray paint I ordered to paint my front fender wells after the fender chop because one small area on both
sides were primed but not painted. She painted hers flat black.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377026081.958118.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377026110.823912.jpg
Had a little fun with the grills lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377026129.157218.jpg
Finished product

Last edited:

mrmet1983

Did the grill mesh mod on my fiancée and my jeep yesterday. I bought a full sheet of mesh from pep boys instead of doing the individual pieces from Home Depot. It cost more money but it saved me alot of time to just have to make 2 cuts on the one sheet. The mesh was originally silver and I painted mine gloss black with some extra color matched touch up spray paint I ordered to paint my front fender wells after the fender chop because one small area on both
sides were primed but not painted.

View attachment 45146

View attachment 45147
Had a little fun with the grills lol

View attachment 45148
Finished product

Haha looks awesome should have left it that way

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Top Bottom