Any Mountain Bikers?

Wes

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400190803.513770.jpg
6.8 miles of steady climbing with lots of turn around and take some pictures took 2 hours. 27 minutes of white knuckle down hill later it was over.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I'm wanting to mountain bike so bad right now but it's been like 103* here all week. Not very motivating weather!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
LOL!!! I probably wouldn't even be able to get the clips in after that much!!!!. I'll just have a chilled shot of tequila and watch some YouTube to get my fix!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Now that the weather has cooled back down I got out for a 10mile ride today. Rode a new trail fun single track but steep and sandy! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400543806.319746.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400543826.205201.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Im not a serious rider, but I did want something with quality components, so, I bought a DAWES bike from bikesdirect....this is basically a no name bike with brand name parts....kind of like building your own custom PC, with quality parts but the overall package doesn't have a brand name.

hay_1500_orange_2100.jpg

Unboxing....

48f91f44.jpg

c47d2bff.jpg

Heavier that some of the higher end bikes but not by that much...

eebc0915.jpg

874b55d6.jpg

Bike Specs

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 9.10.43 PM.png

Like I said, not the more serious of bikes, but it fills my needs, and a great value for someone looking to get a premium bike without the premium price.

Beyrgut

Pretty heavy for a hardtail but it's way cheaper, easier, and healthier to shed the weight off the motor (rider). :thumb: Great looking bike you got there.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Pretty heavy for a hardtail but it's way cheaper, easier, and healthier to shed the weight off the motor (rider). :thumb: Great looking bike you got there.

Dude if I eat a chipotle burrito, I lose 10 lbs 30 minutes later. :D

Again, Im a casual rider, not nearly as serious as some of the peeps here. My buddy rides pretty seriously, and his bike is stupid light. He has a Yeti (not sure if its a brand or a model) but supposedly it's a very nice bike. He rides with clip ins, which damn near almost killed me when I tried em. :D

Beyrgut

LOL yeah Yeti is the brand, I ride a Yeti SB-66A and it's pretty close to the same weight as yours. I haven't measured it but don't really care about the weight. It's all about the fun and like I mentioned I can shed pounds quicker than I'll fork out hundreds to shave grams. :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
LOL yeah Yeti is the brand, I ride a Yeti SB-66A and it's pretty close to the same weight as yours. I haven't measured it but don't really care about the weight. It's all about the fun and like I mentioned I can shed pounds quicker than I'll fork out hundreds to shave grams. :thumb:

Unfortunately, around my area, I ride mostly on pavement, so I wanted something comfy, but something that can still tackle potholes and such...I guess you can call my riding "mallcrawl riding." :D If I lived somewhere like Moab, maybe I would have bought something else, but I have to be honest, I haven't really had any issues with it whatsoever, and for $450 that I paid, Im very happy. I think my buddy's clip in pedals cost that much. :D

Beyrgut

Nothing wrong with that, but since you spend a lot of time on pavement when those nobbies wear out look for a more street/road friendly tire. Just like Jeeps they will last longer and be an easier/smoother ride. maybe one of these

Top Bottom