Any Mountain Bikers?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Nothing wrong with that, but since you spend a lot of time on pavement when those nobbies wear out look for a more street/road friendly tire. Just like Jeeps they will last longer and be an easier/smoother ride. maybe one of these

You know what, I was actually thinking about shelving the raptors and picking up a nice road tire just to make the rolling resistance and the road handling a bit better. Will definitely be ordering a pair shortly.

Tigrcky

Im not a serious rider, but I did want something with quality components, so, I bought a DAWES bike from bikesdirect....this is basically a no name bike with brand name parts....kind of like building your own custom PC, with quality parts but the overall package doesn't have a brand name.

hay_1500_orange_2100.jpg

Unboxing....

View attachment 84476

View attachment 84477

Heavier that some of the higher end bikes but not by that much...

View attachment 84478

View attachment 84479

Bike Specs

View attachment 84481

Like I said, not the more serious of bikes, but it fills my needs, and a great value for someone looking to get a premium bike without the premium price.

My giant large hardtail weighed around that my full suspension is 35.5 lbs,makes you go down hill faster and a stronger rider

Sent from my whatchayamacallit

rumble

Actually looking at getting into Mnt biking as we speak. Watching Craigslist hoping to find something descent for a beginner but don't want something cheap either. Any advice you guys might have or anything to look for would be greatly appreciated!

Actually looking at getting into Mnt biking as we speak. Watching Craigslist hoping to find something descent for a beginner but don't want something cheap either. Any advice you guys might have or anything to look for would be greatly appreciated!

Opinions are always going to vary.
It all depends on what you want to get into and how much cash you want to dump.
Myself I am partial to just about anything Santa Cruz. I also mainly ride hard tails so it's their Chameleon or Highball for me. (Yeah they are made over seas now if that bothers you)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402200542.911707.jpg

My circa 2002 Santa Cruz Chameleon is by far my most ridden bike. (At one time I had 8 bikes and rode daily). Love how versatile this thing is. Ive built it up so many different ways over the years. Single speed dirt jumper to X country racer to plain jane as you see here.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Spotted my first snake if the season on my ride yesterday. A Red Racer. Would love to see more of these and less rattle snakes this season! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402589294.033950.jpg

rumble

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407640232.151841.jpg

I actually just started riding in the last month or so. Not many mountains here in Charleston, SC....a few trails but nothing crazy. Had to put a pic of the bike AND the Jeep being it's still a Jeep forum lol

Beyrgut

Head over to FATS near Augusta, really fun trails. Its probably 2.5-3 hour drive from Charelston. There are a couple campsites not too far from the trailhead right on the lake so you can make a weekend of it.

JKFlyer

Had fun on some nice technical trails today until my Buddy actually broke his chain! Kinda odd of all things that could happen

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1407727766419.jpg
    1407727766419.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 105

David1tontj

Had fun on some nice technical trails today until my Buddy actually broke his chain! Kinda odd of all things that could happen

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not actually that odd. I have broken them in the past.. I carry a chain breaker and a spare master link every time i ride.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

My wife and I out for a bike ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1407731198989.jpg
    1407731198989.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 93

KingCopperhead

My 2012 Cannondale Trail SL4 29er. Does not get ridden nearly enough. It's still stock, but I'm buying some new platform pedals for it next spring. I bought some fiveten shoes this year and those things alone make my feet grip like I'm wearing clips.

Love getting out and riding though, lots of great trails for bikers in central NY.

Attachments

• 1407735990034.jpg
    1407735990034.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 92

David1tontj

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407736319.118492.jpg
I think I'm almost ready to ride without the training wheels..... But you'd be surprised how fast I can go on it!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Tigrcky

View attachment 95208
I think I'm almost ready to ride without the training wheels..... But you'd be surprised how fast I can go on it!

No rocket booster???? I'm very disappointed!!!! Must be a so-cal nut job :cheesy:

David1tontj

No rocket booster???? I'm very disappointed!!!! Must be a so-cal nut job :cheesy:

I should just tape some piccolo Petes to the training wheels!

Top Bottom