Any Mountain Bikers?

JK12

Looking at this thread makes me want to buy a new bike so bad. I use to ride an iron horse dh bike but got rid of it and haven't gotten a new bike yet. I wish there was money for a remedy or a glory and maybe a transition dh bike. I'm super jealous of the bikes here...

TrailBear

How did it ride?

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Very smooth it handled everything with out a hiccup. The fox suspension soaked up everything from small bumps to small jumps. The brakes are great they have very good control even on wet slimy rocks, roots and mud. Now I just need to ride more and get my ass in shape so I can really ride it lol

Tigrcky

Very smooth it handled everything with out a hiccup. The fox suspension soaked up everything from small bumps to small jumps. The brakes are great they have very good control even on wet slimy rocks, roots and mud. Now I just need to ride more and get my ass in shape so I can really ride it lol

I'm in the same boat I'm a fat ads by my standards!!

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Beyrgut

Yeah and components are ridiculous. I spent a long time mulling over replacing the crappy Avid Elixirs with Hope V4s due to the price tag. In the end it was worth it but still should have been cheaper.

kornchip

I badly need to replace my rear brake system. I bought a used santa cruz heckler thats been used well, but im on a budget as it is so i decided to wait it out and refrain from getting sub par equipment. Im sure as soon as the weather breaks ill be rethinking my strategy.

kornchip

any advice on brakes? i bent my rear tire pretty bad coming off a cliff and about 1/4 mile down the trail i noticed it was rubbing my frame. this bent my disc all over and kept putting pressure on my brakes with every rotation. they are shimano deores. is there a cheaper fix for this other than purchasing new? i got one opinion from a bike shop but figured before making a long drive id put it out there..

Beyrgut

As long as the calipers are fine just get a replacement rotor and some new pads, should be less than $50 in parts.

Tigrcky

any advice on brakes? i bent my rear tire pretty bad coming off a cliff and about 1/4 mile down the trail i noticed it was rubbing my frame. this bent my disc all over and kept putting pressure on my brakes with every rotation. they are shimano deores. is there a cheaper fix for this other than purchasing new? i got one opinion from a bike shop but figured before making a long drive id put it out there..

Is it just the caliper and rotor you need? I think I have a deores hydraulic caliper laying around in good shape

Sent from my whatyamacallit

Top Bottom