Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden signed an executive order, containing a ban on the term, "China virus".
You simply cannot even measure the depth of the stupidity of this man.

Or, those who voted for him.
#notmypresident.

Biden signed an executive order, containing a ban on the term, "China virus".
You simply cannot even measure the depth of the stupidity of this man.

Or, those who voted for him.
#notmypresident.

Do you have a link to the specific language?

Regardless, I’m far more concerned about the fact he signed an executive order stating that it is the policy of the United States to support and promote collective bargaining agreements and unions. That will actually have a long lasting impact on businesses.

Whether written federal policies can refer to covid as the “China virus” is pretty much playground shit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

On NBC national news two nights ago, the regularly contributing doctor said there is no point to wearing two masks and that he only wears one mask in the actual hospital where he works. I was pretty surprised, especially on NBC, to see the reporting doctor firmly disagree with Fauci.

Do you have a link to the specific language?

Regardless, I’m far more concerned about the fact he signed an executive order stating that it is the policy of the United States to support and promote collective bargaining agreements and unions. That will actually have a long lasting impact on businesses.

Whether written federal policies can refer to covid as the “China virus” is pretty much playground shit.

Just for you, Mr. Shark...

The White House

The Administration
Priorities
COVID-19
Briefing Room

Briefing Room
Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States
January 26, 2021 • Presidential Actions

Advancing inclusion and belonging for people of all races, national origins, and ethnicities is critical to guaranteeing the safety and security of the American people. During the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, inflammatory and xenophobic rhetoric has put Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) persons, families, communities, and businesses at risk.

The Federal Government must recognize that it has played a role in furthering these xenophobic sentiments through the actions of political leaders, including references to the COVID-19 pandemic by the geographic location of its origin. Such statements have stoked unfounded fears and perpetuated stigma about Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and have contributed to increasing rates of bullying, harassment, and hate crimes against AAPI persons. These actions defied the best practices and guidelines of public health officials and have caused significant harm to AAPI families and communities that must be addressed.

Despite these increasing acts of intolerance, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders have made our Nation more secure during the COVID-19 pandemic and throughout our history. An estimated 2 million Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders have served on the front lines of this crisis as healthcare providers, as first responders, and in other essential roles. The Federal Government should combat racism, xenophobia, and intolerance against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and should work to ensure that all members of AAPI communities — no matter their background, the language they speak, or their religious beliefs — are treated with dignity and equity.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Condemning Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. The Federal Government has a responsibility to prevent racism, xenophobia, and intolerance against everyone in America, including Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. My Administration condemns and denounces acts of racism, xenophobia, and intolerance against AAPI communities.

Sec. 2. Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. (a) The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, in coordination with the COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force, consider issuing guidance describing best practices for advancing cultural competency, language access, and sensitivity towards Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the context of the Federal Government’s COVID-19 response. In developing any such guidance, the Secretary should consider the best practices set forth by public health organizations and experts for mitigating racially discriminatory language in describing the COVID-19 pandemic.

(b) Executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall take all appropriate steps to ensure that official actions, documents, and statements, including those that pertain to the COVID-19 pandemic, do not exhibit or contribute to racism, xenophobia, and intolerance against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. Agencies may consult with public health experts, AAPI community leaders, or AAPI community-serving organizations, or may refer to any best practices issued pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, to ensure an understanding of the needs and challenges faced by AAPI communities.

(c) The Attorney General shall explore opportunities to support, consistent with applicable law, the efforts of State and local agencies, as well as AAPI communities and community-based organizations, to prevent discrimination, bullying, harassment, and hate crimes against AAPI individuals, and to expand collection of data and public reporting regarding hate incidents against such individuals.

Sec. 3. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) Independent agencies are strongly encouraged to comply with the provisions of this memorandum.

(d) This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

(e) The Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

I couldn't hardly stomach reading all this mindless, democrat, B.S. It's all touchy, feely, typical, crap from the left.
Just a further attempt at erasing, everything , "Trump".

Who hurt you?

Trump’s not racist so what has that executive order got to do with him?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
? This is a strange post...
1. Nobody "hurt", me...
2.Trump is not racist, correct.
3. The idea, that referring to the geographical origin of a virus, is hurtful, or racist, is ridiculous.
4. China, having delayed notice to the world of the seriousness of the "China Virus", means they owe the world everything.
5. Why does someone from Brisbane, care anything about U.S. politics, and policies?
6. Why am I taking time to answer someone from, Brisbane...

My kids' new geography lesson. Thanks, Biden. I can't even tell them where most of their toys come from :grayno:

itir3gag32p01.jpg

? This is a strange post...
1. Nobody "hurt", me...
2.Trump is not racist, correct.
3. The idea, that referring to the geographical origin of a virus, is hurtful, or racist, is ridiculous.
4. China, having delayed notice to the world of the seriousness of the "China Virus", means they owe the world everything.
5. Why does someone from Brisbane, care anything about U.S. politics, and policies?

You seem a little salty

It’s about condemning racism and xenophobia. Where does it mention anything about “China virus” or Trump? Unless you think that term is racist or he was being racist? Why is it an attack on Trump if he’s not racist?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Surprisingly, there are people that live outside of the US and they have a vested interest in what goes on here. Frankly, we all would do well in paying more attention to what happens outside of our borders.

Just for you, Mr. Shark...

[]

I couldn't hardly stomach reading all this mindless, democrat, B.S. It's all touchy, feely, typical, crap from the left.
Just a further attempt at erasing, everything , "Trump".

Thanks, that’s why I couldn’t find it; it is not an Executive Order...it’s a Memorandum. (There is a difference but it doesn’t really matter here).

In any event, I read everything you posted and didn’t see anything making it unlawful to refer to Covid-19 as the China Virus, or making it unlawful to refer to the geographic location from which a virus originated.

Thanks, that’s why I couldn’t find it; it is not an Executive Order...it’s a Memorandum. (There is a difference but it doesn’t really matter here).

In any event, I read everything you posted and didn’t see anything making it unlawful to refer to Covid-19 as the China Virus, or making it unlawful to refer to the geographic location from which a virus originated.

Ok I thought I was losing it. I did see where is stated that referring to Covid-19 by its geographic origin could be hurtful but thays it. My take It is simply a "yes man" memo to ensure the world know were anti-discriminatory, anti-xeno...blah blah

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Surprisingly, there are people that live outside of the US and they have a vested interest in what goes on here. Frankly, we all would do well in paying more attention to what happens outside of our borders.
I don't wish any ill will on any of our allies.
But, frankly, I think we would do well, to keep America First, Buy American, employ American youth, Hold on to American energy independence, Enable wage growth of ALL citizens of the United States of America.

So... it's just a meaningless, democrat, wish-list?
Good.
I intend to continue to refer to this current, made-in-China, virus as the, "China Virus".
I would have, anyway.
#notmypresident.

I don't wish any ill will on any of our allies.
But, frankly, I think we would do well, to keep America First, Buy American, employ American youth, Hold on to American energy independence, Enable wage growth of ALL citizens of the United States of America.

So... it's just a meaningless, democrat, wish-list?
Good.
I intend to continue to refer to this current, made-in-China, virus as the, "China Virus".
I would have, anyway.
#notmypresident.
Your signature is just as immature as the dems, after all they did move that phrase to the main stream in reference to Trump. Accept that he is our president (I'm not thrilled either) or find another country to live in. Read this local article from a local businessman and right-wing conservative. I think he explains it well.

https://www.vvdailypress.com/story/opinion/2021/01/17/around-town-rhetoric-our-ruination/4189843001/

Your signature is just as immature as the dems, after all they did move that phrase to the main stream in reference to Trump. Accept that he is our president (I'm not thrilled either) or find another country to live in. Read this local article from a local businessman and right-wing conservative. I think he explains it well.

https://www.vvdailypress.com/story/opinion/2021/01/17/around-town-rhetoric-our-ruination/4189843001/

That is worth reading, and should be words to live by.

Ok I thought I was losing it. I did see where is stated that referring to Covid-19 by its geographic origin could be hurtful but thays it. My take It is simply a "yes man" memo to ensure the world know were anti-discriminatory, anti-xeno...blah blah

Yeah.... I don't think dementia Joe is referring to the, "Spanish Flu".
Your signature is just as immature as the dems, after all they did move that phrase to the main stream in reference to Trump. Accept that he is our president (I'm not thrilled either) or find another country to live in.

My use of, #notmypresident, is a sarcastic, pitch back to the left that started it.

Your mans article about, I guess?, cooling the rhetoric is a bit, meandering. He goes all the way from cancel culture to, folks losing jobs over freedom of speech. So, is he for censorship?

jesse, I don't have any idea how you earn a living, and feed your family. My hope is, your economic situation is secure. I think if you worked on the Keystone XL pipeline, or really any type of job in oil and gas, or coal mining, or steel production, etc., you would understand the lack of, "lets all just get along", attitude.
This nation is going to rapidly and radically change direction, and not for the better.

We could, all 380 million of us join hands and sing the National Anthem, which would be great. But wait... half of the nation would object and take a knee.

I honestly believe, the election was stolen.
If democrats would stop resisting voter ID, laws, MAYBE, my confidence in the integrity of the vote, would be restored.

Finally, no, I will not "find another country to live in". That comment is also hurtful, "rhetoric". I was born here, I love the founding principles, and I will die here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom