Artec truss and gussets

Dean454

It seems to me if the axle is supported and braced during welding this along with taking your time should prevent axle bend while installing the truss....yes/no?

If you take your time and don't rush it
And have welding skills it will not bend.

90:percent of people don't have that skill

And I'm one of them

My booger welds show that lol

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

And I'm one of them

Stop it, there is no possible way to prevent warpage a 100%. Even with bad ass welding skills.

Tachyon

I'm an engineer. Everything bends. Everything. If you can't see it, just measure closer. Still can't see it... Measure even closer.

The real question is how much bend is acceptable, and what are the benefits vs. drawbacks of the process/installation.

I'll go one step further and say that every axle housing is bent right from the manufacturer. Now; I'm not implying these things are folded in half, but rather they are all "X" thousandths of an inch from being straight.

Anyhow, can we get back to talking Jeeps now? ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: This thread was brought back from the dead, why?? Are people really that insecure about what they've chosen to buy?? :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

And I'm one of them

So you don't know how to weld, but yet you know it will not bend.

Please explain

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So much mis-information about trusses is all

Glad to have an expert like you to set us all straight. You get it? You'll set us straight? :crazyeyes: :D

I'm an engineer. Everything bends. Everything. If you can't see it, just measure closer. Still can't see it... Measure even closer.

The real question is how much bend is acceptable, and what are the benefits vs. drawbacks of the process/installation.

I'll go one step further and say that every axle housing is bent right from the manufacturer. Now; I'm not implying these things are folded in half, but rather they are all "X" thousandths of an inch from being straight.

Anyhow, can we get back to talking Jeeps now? ;)

Yup, everything bends and everything breaks too.

Back to Jeeps, I sure would love to do some wheeling but I've got 3 of them in need of some TLC :grayno:

sjd78

And I'm one of them

I can tell you this, I can weld and spent 4 days welding on synergy sleeves and an Artec armor kit including their truss and my D44 still warped. Despite installing the sleeves first and only making 3/4" stitch welds, one on each side before letting it completely cool....it still warped. Let me tell you, I sure as hell wish now I would have listened to the guys on this forum. If I would have I wouldn't have had to replace my OEM D44 with only 5k miles on it with a PR44.

What's that though that Eddie always says....hind sight is 20/20???

Top Bottom