Artec

LOL!! When I helped install his lift, it was by far one of the cleanest JK's I had ever seen.

What's funny about all this is that all we're trying to do is share what we've seen and experienced with others and with the only hope of helping them to not make the same mistakes. I guess there's just no helping those who want to believe. :crazyeyes:

And when he had it sleeved and gusseted, I really truly believed it was gonna work. I was on the other side, thinking you could still polish a turd, but now I have seen that in the end.... It's still a turd.

It just sucks that so many people don't believe, and just think you're a dynatrac pimp. Hey btw, how many Dynatracs have you seen bent?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

I would say the only real benefit to having the arte truss is a beefier track bar mount at the axle and yes I'm running one. Also adds support to the passenger side control arm mount on the axle beyond that, it's a waste on a 30. Oh but the way I'm sleeved as well which was already done, and gussets. With all that said I swapped axles with a buddy before he traded his Jeep I just wanted the 5.13's

Guys in no way am I saying that a band aid fix is going to outperform a purpose built application like a pr44 of CRJ. All I'm saying is if you could make something stronger for less money then a whole replacement wouldn't you? Because after all if I remortgaged my house I could be the dude in the raptor that made!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sure. So tell me how I make my axle stronger where the tubes meet the differential.

A friend of mine has a truss and his axle is bent. What did he do wrong?

A friend of mine has a truss and it isn't bent. What did he do right??? I'm not saying it won't bend! Just saying it will be stronger the stock!

Guys in no way am I saying that a band aid fix is going to outperform a purpose built application like a pr44 of CRJ. All I'm saying is if you could make something stronger for less money then a whole replacement wouldn't you?

But I have and it didn't work. I know plenty of others that have and it didn't work. In the end, we spent money on something that we thought was going to be stronger and it wasn't and ultimately had to spend money again on a better axle. All I'm suggesting is that people NOT waste their money on a bandaid fix when you can just play with what you have until you can afford a real and better replacement. And, if you never get to that point, all the better.

And when he had it sleeved and gusseted, I really truly believed it was gonna work. I was on the other side, thinking you could still polish a turd, but now I have seen that in the end.... It's still a turd.

It just sucks that so many people don't believe, and just think you're a dynatrac pimp.

eh, wadda you gonna do. All we can do is share what we know in the hopes of helping others from making the same mistakes. In the end, they will need to decide for themselves whether to take it or not.

Hey btw, how many Dynatracs have you seen bent?

Never seen a single one bent.

A full length axle truss would make it stronger! Not saying it won't prevent it from bending.

If it won't even prevent it from bending, what's the point. I can run a factory axle without any money thrown at it and it'll bend too. :rolleyes2:

I'm not saying it won't bend! Just saying it will be stronger the stock!

My factory axle without any money thrown at it bent. My factory axle with money thrown at it has bent.

My ProRock 44 has NOT bent. My ProRock 60 has NOT bent.

Hmmmm :thinking:

But I have and it didn't work. I know plenty of others that have and it didn't work. In the end, we spent money on something that we thought was going to be stronger and it wasn't and ultimately had to spend money again on a better axle. All I'm suggesting is that people NOT waste their money on a bandaid fix when you can just play with what you have until you can afford a real and better replacement. And, if you never get to that point, all the better.

Sure. Ok maybe it didn't work! But the fact of the matter is, adding a inner/outer sleeve or truss or all three of them for that matter is in fact stronger then it used to be!!

My factory axle without any money thrown at it bent. My factory axle with money thrown at it has bent.

My ProRock 44 has NOT bent. My ProRock 60 has NOT bent.

Hmmmm :thinking:

Ok shoot me $6000 so I can buy one

I know it's not the actual axle but didn't you manage to bend a flange on a 60??

Semi-Float shaft and yes. I have bent one and even broken one. That's when I spent more money to have it converted to a full-float. The housing itself is the same and is NOT bent.

To that point, you can beef up a factory front axle all you want but in the end, you can still drive home with a bent housing. Break an axle shaft or worse, ring and pinion and you could be left high and dry.

Sure. Ok maybe it didn't work! But the fact of the matter is, adding a inner/outer sleeve or truss or all three of them for that matter is in fact stronger then it used to be!!

If it were stronger, it wouldn't have bent and really, why you put so much emphasis on housing strength is beyond me. :naw:

Ok shoot me $6000 so I can by one

Eddie really is trying to save you time and money, wish I could've talked with him or found the forum before I started my build he really does know what he's talking about regardless of what people say about his advice. Everything he has told me has been spot on with problems I was gonna have with my setup. Right down to knowing the wait time on my bumpers.lol He knows the industry and what's gonna work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom