Backup light upgrades?

Cajun JK

Got mine installed today. Now I need to get some for the tail lights. Will those same lights for the tail lights?

QRS

Count me in, I fell for this too.
Count: 0 days since my last purchase for the JK

The counter was in 5 in case you're wondering :thumbup:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Keep in mind when buying pepboys lights and such...they use regular SMD leds, which will LOOK bright if you are looking at them, taking a photo, etc, but they don't put out any usable light. The bulbs that use CREE Leds are not available in any store that I have seen, so if you ARE buying local, etc, make sure you says 3W or 5W Cree led.

In5ane1

Keep in mind when buying pepboys lights and such...they use regular SMD leds, which will LOOK bright if you are looking at them, taking a photo, etc, but they don't put out any usable light. The bulbs that use CREE Leds are not available in any store that I have seen, so if you ARE buying local, etc, make sure you says 3W or 5W Cree led.

What about these?

http://www.amazon.com/HDL-Projector...3150081&sr=8-7&keywords=3157+cree+led+reverse

Only think is they say 11W...look the same as ones you sent.

In5ane1

THose seem to be the same. The 11W rating isn't accurate (unless they are adding the 2 5W bulbs together and then adding all the SMD leds for a 1W total.) They are also more expensive than the ebay auctions.

Yeah, the price is a little more, but I sometimes get good deals as prime member.

Didn't think that sounded right, I bet they are adding the two.

onebuilder

These are the bulbs you want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-3157-315...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c37c0c43a&vxp=mtr

They plug right in...no canbus issues, no dash lights, plug and play.

Stock
attachment.php

Cree Led Projector
attachment.php

Stock
attachment.php

Cree LED projector
attachment.php

A very nice and inexpensive upgrade. Had mine for 2 years without any issue.

I just received and installed these bulbs. While doing the install on my new 13 JKR, I had the radio playing. I noticed static on a otherwise clear channel while turning on the reverse lights. Unplug or take out of reverse the radio static goes away. Have you experienced or heard of this happening? Any suggestions?

Top Bottom