BIG BAD WOLF Build ~~~~

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
:shock:

Wow Big Bad Wolf! AWESOME build! That body lift is nuts :thumb: Coolest Ive seen in a LONG time. Subscribed

JeepJeep75

Bravo sir, bravo!!! I love your drive to do things yourself. Right there with you man. Rock on! That's a great hoist you made. I'll be interested to see how you get what's left of the jeep subsystems to work without all of the modules present. Keep posting these awesome pics.

Big Bad Wolf

Great build! Which Bedliner did you go with? And brush or spray?

Thanks!

I think the original product was made by "EZ Liner". It came in a box with a bag of grit. I painted it on with a roller and brushes. I also used it in my wheel wells and it held up pretty good. I will note a couple chips in the product in the wheel wells introduced some rust but I'm not certain if it has spread underneath.

Regardless concerning the wheel wells I am grinding it all off and using POR-15 and top coating this with a bedliner made by POR-15. I may even add rattle can rubber style rocker guard just to make it insanely durable and easy to touch up.

I used a roller brush along with a regular brush. It's pretty thick so it left no streaks etc. The goal is to paint over the green color inside and make it black. I may use POR-15 Bedliner over my existing but only if it can bond properly.

Big Bad Wolf

There has got to be some kind of award for the wildest undertaking of a Jeep build. This is by far the most work I have seen anybody do in a home garage EVER!
I am saving a bunch of your photo's for future reference in case I need to take something apart and wonder what is behind it or whatever.
(will not repost without permission of course)

Words just can just not express how blown away by all this I am. :eek:

I appreciate that! I will be pleased if any of my photos or information helps anyone. I plan on being honest with this process and to provide full disclosure of any issues or challenges I come across.

More to come! Cheers.

Big Bad Wolf

I applaud your moxy...please be careful though...engineer or not...

Thank you!

I am only a mechanic, not an engineer. You are right, I will certainly be careful. Anyone that tries this needs to be very careful, this thing is heavy and will show no mercy. I plan to add supports under the center of the main supports. I still get nervous working around it but honestly I am nervous around real hydraulic lifts too.

Cheers.

Big Bad Wolf

Bravo sir, bravo!!! I love your drive to do things yourself. Right there with you man. Rock on! That's a great hoist you made. I'll be interested to see how you get what's left of the jeep subsystems to work without all of the modules present. Keep posting these awesome pics.

Thank you sir. I honestly have no idea how it's all going to work yet! haha.. I may keep the stock display panel until I figure it all out. There is so much electrical, how I wish I could get rid of it.

Cheers.

Top Bottom