BigMikeSndTech's JKUR

I installed a Rugged Ridge snorkel over the last couple of days. Took some minor adjustments to the heat shield on the exhaust manifold, not too bad but more pounding that I really wanted to do on a brand new vehicle. I also removed the battery tray to install a dual battery tray at the same time which made the snorkel installation much easier, I would recommend doing both at the same time, you can see everything better and get into places to make the needed modifications. The New lower air box also mounts a little crapily, it sits way too close to the radiator hose so I added some shielding to the hose to try to make sure that it doesn't rub through. The pattern to cut the fender was a little off too, but in the end worked alright. The final product looks pretty decent though I think, pretty well hidden behind everything and low mount on the cowl is good.

P1000149.JPG

P1000151.JPG

P1000152.JPG

P1000154.JPG

I also installed a Genesis dual battery tray and 200A isolator while I had everything on that side apart. Even without the fender off I think that would have been very easy to complete. So far it works great and having a second battery brings some good peace of mind.

P1000157.JPG

Mounted an Engo 10,000 lbs winch as well, with a factor 55 flatlink. It sits nicely in the bumper, did need to be spaced up a bit to clear the fog lights on either side but over all very easy to get installed in the bumper.

P1000160.JPG

has the solenoid been put on backwards or is that just me lol. Thought the wire inputs went towards the back. Great looking jeep by the way!!!

has the solenoid been put on backwards or is that just me lol. Thought the wire inputs went towards the back. Great looking jeep by the way!!!

Yeah normally people mount it the other way round, but there wasn't enough room to put it on that way and have clearance to get the grille back into place. Works either way just doesn't look as clean.

P1000168.JPG

P1000172.JPG

I finally got her out on and off the road after all the work. The hushmat and boom mat make a big difference on road noise, driving down the highway there is a lot less noise and conversation is a lot easier, not that I've turned down the Alpine sound system, man it sounds good, better than the Bimmer was from the factory... :-/

I finished mounting the RSE step sliders the other day and painted the top of the snorkel to match the body. Still have a lot of wiring to finish up, lights, air system, and the like but its coming along very nicely.

Top Bottom