BooHoo - Anything I post gets ridiculed and mocked

Armydog

Ha ha that's funny !! I love it.
As being only a customer I only love talking to vendors and company owners about how they dislike how forums talk about competition and how people put competition down with all the drama. How they love the product testing and people promoting products but the bashing of other brands could be done without. They don't like to be associated with the bashing.
But hey I only say things to pride myself like I know supposed know everything.

What??? I am confused or having a stroke, not sure........

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

JayKay

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: Boy you really are a fanboy to still be butthurt over the whole AEV thing? You know, what's really sad is that I really LOVE AEV products. While I'm not a fan of their lift kits, a lot of that is in large part because I was never a fan of the defunct company they acquired the design from, Nth Degree Mobility. Even then it was an over-priced kit that essentially offered coils and drop brackets. The one thing AEV did right was to ditch the lame ass cam bolts that used to come with the kits. But hey, it's your money, your Jeep and really, what the hell should you care what me or anyone thinks about your lift kit of choice. Seriously, you need to get a life.

Guess what! I remember a time when I posted on the forum about asking recommendations on budget minded off road lights for my Mopar light bar on the front of my Jeep. Eddie recommended that I go with IPF lights only because he had personal experience with them. You know what! I chose to go with KC lights because the light bar has three mounting tabs and I wanted to use all three. I couldn't buy the IPF lights in singles, only pairs.

My point is that it is my money, my Jeep, and it's what works for me. Don't get so butthurt just because you don't get the answer you want to hear. I didn't take Eddie's advice because his recommendation didn't fit for what I wanted as an end result, but I'm still here on the forum getting valuable information and hopefully giving some valuable information in return. I'm sure Eddie hasn't lost any sleep over me not following his recommendation.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I've learned it's not often what was said, but how and by whom that gets people going. When "folks like you" (never met you, never interacted with you on a thread...but others seem to see a pattern with your tact) go on with comments attacking the admin/owner, that doesn't sit well! People acting like their the shit...doesn't usually sit well! People coming back with "under the desk" grade school shit usually doesn't sit well!

To be clear, you did not ask a question. In a now feeble attempt you were trying to look cool and like one who knows what others don't. Failed miserably and insulted the owner in the process. Unlike the myth, two wrongs do not make a right.

I couldn't care less what you do at this point, I'm likely to not really pay attention to your posts regardless.

A guy worked with me for a while thought he was a master fabricator, technician, know-it-all...whatever you wanna call him. Sure enough, didn't sit well with the boss, cost him his job. Best thing to do is keep your mouth shut, contribute some good usable information and maybe learn a thing or two. Because honestly, if you know everything, what are you doing here? Just like the guy that worked with me, if he was what he said he was, why was he working for someone and not running his own shop?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guess what! I remember a time when I posted on the forum about asking recommendations on budget minded off road lights for my Mopar light bar on the front of my Jeep. Eddie recommended that I go with IPF lights only because he had personal experience with them. You know what! I chose to go with KC lights because the light bar has three mounting tabs and I wanted to use all three. I couldn't buy the IPF lights in singles, only pairs.

My point is that it is my money, my Jeep, and it's what works for me. Don't get so butthurt just because you don't get the answer you want to hear. I didn't take Eddie's advice because his recommendation didn't fit for what I wanted as an end result, but I'm still here on the forum getting valuable information and hopefully giving some valuable information in return. I'm sure Eddie hasn't lost any sleep over me not following his recommendation.

Says you!! I haven't slept a wink since!! :cheesy:

JKWrang

Says you!! I haven't slept a wink since!! :cheesy:

Ive been getting death threats from Eddie since I ignored his advice on a rancho lift and bought a teraflex coil lift. True story. :cheesy:

Im just here to be a token teraflex parts runner. Haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Good thing the subject of AEV lifts are brought up you might get ridiculed like when I said they were great setups for certain people

I run AEV stuff, and have discussed AEV with the owner of WOL (Eddie) many a time. If you read the threads, you will see that Eddie (and most others) will agree that AEV makes SOME products that are indeed excellent....like their bumpers, their truck conversions, their tire carrier, their fuel caddy, their corner armor, their OEM jack base, snorkel, hood, etc. However, there are some products that are not particularly good. If you notice, the people of this site have one thing in common...they like truth and hate fanboys. I have spent a decent chunk of change on AEV products (including an AEV 2.5" lift.) There are some good things about it......the fact that it's the best handling wrangler I have personally driven is indeed a good thing. But it does have some negatives...its rough, it's cut corner (providing brackets instead of new sway links) etc....saying "AEV is da bomb" doesn't do anyone any good. You serve other members much better when you tell them the truth, and save them money. Yes you spent money, but be honest about it. I fully admit that although I love the excellent handling, I don't particularly care for the rough ride of the AEV lift, and if I had a chance to do it again, I would not have gone that route.

I have never seen anyone ridiculed for simply posting their opinion (don't believe me, look at my posts about the grade 8 bolts) and Eddie's responses to my posts. Nothing wrong with a respectful debate with facts. Biased fanboy behavior does nothing helpful for the community, and as a result, it isn't appreciated.

Last edited:

CerOf

I run AEV stuff, and have discussed AEV with the owner of WOL (Eddie) many a time. If you read the threads, you will see that Eddie (and most others) will agree that AEV makes SOME products that are indeed excellent....like their bumpers, their truck conversions, their tire carrier, their fuel caddy, their corner armor, their OEM jack base, snorkel, hood, etc. However, there are some products that are not particularly good. If you notice, the people of this site have one thing in common...they like truth and hate fanboys. I have spent a decent chunk of change on AEV products (including an AEV 2.5" lift.) There are some good things about it......the fact that it's the best handling wrangler I have personally driven is indeed a good thing. But it does have some negatives...its rough, it's cut corner (providing brackets instead of new sway links) etc....saying "AEV is da bomb" doesn't do anyone any good. You serve other members much better when you tell them the truth, and save them money. Yes you spent money, but be honest about it. I fully admit that although I love the excellent handling, I don't particularly care for the rough ride of the AEV lift, and if I had a chance to do it again, I would not have gone that route.

I have never seen anyone ridiculed for simply posting their opinion (don't believe me, look at my posts about the grade 8 bolts) and Eddie's responses to my posts. Nothing wrong with a respectful debate with facts. Biased fanboy behavior does nothing helpful for the community, and as a result, it isn't appreciated.

Amen! In fact, Mr. Eddie has posted countless times that "if you like it and it works for you, that's what matters."
Doesn't mean that what works for you is the best price, best performance, best use of money, time energy, etc. If you leave your feelings at the door and not wear them on your sleeve, there is great feedback and constructive criticism. Can it be painfully blunt sometimes? Perhaps, but it's the interweb, so get over it.

Most don't have time to write you a short novel of recommendations served up with a tissue, shoulder to cry on, and tub of Hagendaas.

Can I give a shameless plug that I love my AEV lift cause it works for me?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

snopro

Banned

Not sure if your agreeing with me that AEV are great products for certain individuals and their off-roading needs are what? I do spend most of my time taking care of elderly and disabled veterans so my thought process might need to be enhanced with some Aricept.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if your agreeing with me that AEV are great products for certain individuals and their off-roading needs are what? I do spend most of my time taking care of elderly and disabled veterans so my thought process might need to be enhanced with some Aricept.

:cheesy: I was wondering if you were going to come back to publically pat yourself on the back again. Gotta make sure everyone knows how awesome you are and how much you help elderly and disabled vets. :naw:

As far as AEV goes, yeah, just about everything they make IS great EXCEPT for their overpriced lift kits. While I have no doubts that there are plenty of people who are satisfied with what they chose to buy, you're kidding yourself if can really call their lifts "great" for certain individuals. Of course, "great" is 100% subjective and is only as relevant as what it can be compared to. But hey, you're the master Jeep builder who knows all about long arm kits so you of all people would be the guy to talk to about how great AEV lifts are. :crazyeyes:

snopro

Banned
:cheesy: I was wondering if you were going to come back to publically pat yourself on the back again. Gotta make sure everyone knows how awesome you are and how much you help elderly and disabled vets. :naw:

As far as AEV goes, yeah, just about everything they make IS great EXCEPT for their overpriced lift kits. While I have no doubts that there are plenty of people who are satisfied with what they chose to buy, you're kidding yourself if can really call their lifts "great" for certain individuals. Of course, "great" is 100% subjective and is only as relevant as what it can be compared to. But hey, you're the master Jeep builder who knows all about long arm kits so you of all people would be the guy to talk to about how great AEV lifts are. :crazyeyes:
That's awesome coming from someone like yourself that gets paid to do this

GRNHORN

That's awesome coming from someone like yourself that gets paid to do this

I don't understand why people like you are so jealous. Eddie and Cindy are doing something that they love and have found a way to make a living doing it. Why try to insert an insult in your post because he found a way to do both.

If that is what you want in life stop trying to stir up trouble and go start your own forum about jeeps, make sure you have awesome videoes, great write ups, and are willing to share your knowledge.

But instead you are going to stay here keep posting stupid shit and continue to a jealous loser. I sure hope you are not procreating.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Entrepreneurialism, accountability, and honor once made this country an economic, political, and social force to be reckoned with.

Unfortunately, it seems those traits have been traded for entitlement, jealousy, and laziness.

(And people wonder why we are $12 trillion in debt, have a failing school system, and have political parties that can't see beyond their own party affiliations long enough to actually do anything meaningful) :naw:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Entrepreneurialism, accountability, and honor once made this country an economic, political, and social force to be reckoned with.

Unfortunately, it seems those traits have been traded for entitlement, jealousy, and laziness.

(And people wonder why we are $12 trillion in debt, have a failing school system, and have political parties that can't see beyond their own party affiliations long enough to actually do anything meaningful) :naw:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Sharkey for President. :yup:

Top Bottom