Browns Camp-PNW! April 11th

SEAJ

Came from Arizona and moved out here a few months ago. Any suggestions on what I might want to bring for camping in this climate?

Jeeps all back together with the gears, locker and Superchip tuned. I did my first tame spin around the block and freeway jaunt this evening. Housing never really broke 90 degrees. Locker engaged as expected. Now to bend my tire carrier back into place after I backed into a tree a couple weeks ago and figure out a mount for my swaybar as It was rubbing last time I was on the trail.

USMCvet

Banned
Great! More mud and I can't figure out why my solenoids on my ARB lockers aren't working. Going to make coffee and go look at the harness to the switches again. Compressor works, that's a plus. But I'm still coming either way.

dwmgcs

Great! More mud and I can't figure out why my solenoids on my ARB lockers aren't working. Going to make coffee and go look at the harness to the switches again. Compressor works, that's a plus. But I'm still coming either way.

I'm sure you will get it but if not we can take a look at it Saturday morning, I have the same setup and can pop out my switch panel to check yours against mine.

dwmgcs

Came from Arizona and moved out here a few months ago. Any suggestions on what I might want to bring for camping in this climate?

Jeeps all back together with the gears, locker and Superchip tuned. I did my first tame spin around the block and freeway jaunt this evening. Housing never really broke 90 degrees. Locker engaged as expected. Now to bend my tire carrier back into place after I backed into a tree a couple weeks ago and figure out a mount for my swaybar as It was rubbing last time I was on the trail.

Hope it's all good before Saturday, around here the biggest issue is with the rain, probably want to have a tarp or two to throw over your tent if needed or whatever, I usually carry a couple small ones to throw down or over in case I need to work on something in the mud.

USMCvet

Banned
I'm sure you will get it but if not we can take a look at it Saturday morning, I have the same setup and can pop out my switch panel to check yours against mine.

I got the rear locker to fire so it's up and running. The front lights but won't fire. Then it would not light at all. It's wired correctly, according to the destructions. Me thinks the solenoid is bad. Thanks, let's take a look on Saturday.

dwmgcs

I got the rear locker to fire so it's up and running. The front lights but won't fire. Then it would not light at all. It's wired correctly, according to the destructions. Me thinks the solenoid is bad. Thanks, let's take a look on Saturday.

Yeah thats strange, unless its a sketchy ground or connection, have you tried swapping the solenoids since you have one you know for sure works? We can definitely look at it Saturday, I always carry a good meter and electrical stuff with me, habits of an electrician.

USMCvet

Banned
Yeah thats strange, unless its a sketchy ground or connection, have you tried swapping the solenoids since you have one you know for sure works? We can definitely look at it Saturday, I always carry a good meter and electrical stuff with me, habits of an electrician.

After a call to ARB, I can't escape the babysitter. The rear locker has to be engaged before the front solenoid will fire the front. Everything works perfectly according to ARB. They did give me a diagram to use to work them independent, bypassing the babysitter. But, I'll have to do that next week. Off now to wire in the CB.

USMCvet

Banned
To clarify, I was testing each locker independent of one another - stupid me for thinking initially they should've worked. Anyhow, all is well. And yes, I got the map! Thanks much.

dwmgcs

After a call to ARB, I can't escape the babysitter. The rear locker has to be engaged before the front solenoid will fire the front. Everything works perfectly according to ARB. They did give me a diagram to use to work them independent, bypassing the babysitter. But, I'll have to do that next week. Off now to wire in the CB.

That's great! Wish I had thought to ask you that but you got it. Cant wait to meet up so I can check it out.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Woo hoo! Sounds like you're in business! :D

ClarksAdventures

OSMI in the morning with the submarine tour and then Tillamook Cheese Factory tour in the afternoon. Should be a fun day for the kids! :)

Nice! I love OMSI, but I've never done the submarine.

Tillamook is also pretty cool. If you wanna bring me a big bag of squeaky cheese, I'll have cash waiting for you!
If you're a beer/cider guy I can point you in a few good directions in Portland or Tillamook.

Tree Frog

The wife and I are leaving early in the morning and plan on being to TSF by 10-10:30 depending on traffic.
Going to go in there and just have some fun. :wings:

Will be spending the night in Hillsboro for a few nights. Finally found a nice place at a real decent price. Had to prepay to get the great rate, but so?

See you folks on Saturday.

ClarksAdventures

The wife and I are leaving early in the morning and plan on being to TSF by 10-10:30 depending on traffic.
Going to go in there and just have some fun. :wings:

Will be spending the night in Hillsboro for a few nights. Finally found a nice place at a real decent price. Had to prepay to get the great rate, but so?

See you folks on Saturday.

I'll print out some maps. But if you want a much bigger, and free one, stop off at the Tillamook forest center a few miles west of Browns camp. Plus It's a cool place to check out and even has a fire look out tower.

Tree Frog

Good to know about the maps at the forest center. I was going to go there and check it out anyways.

I printed off the online map but had a hard time as it had to be broken up into 6 sections so you could at least see it.

Did the thing with Garmin custom maps where you can transport a map into your Garmin handheld and it will be in there. It came out okay but some of it is off several hundred feet.
I think part of it is because one map is hand drawn and the other is actual aerial imaging.

Never could get that .KML file to work that they provide on the web site. Does anybody know how to load that into a Garmin handheld with Garmin's Base Camp software?

I also sat there for a long time and used Google Earth and their map back and forth to get the GPS coordinates to each trail I am capable of running.

Yeah I am OCD about maps, but I spend a lot of time on our BLM and Forest Service roads that lace Oregon like a spider web.

even has a fire look out tower
Still want to see the photos of your buddies place. Talk about a cool idea!

Top Bottom