Build of my JKU

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Mine are the same fittings .

Edit I have mine running under the track bar
I did my tabs on either side of the track bar bolt. I was worried about the ram being out of plane. It's worked okay so far but obviously will be a few extra steps to remove the track bar if/when I ever need to. Does the ram clear the tie rod okay? I may end up switching it to your way if it does.

Last edited:

MericaMade

Mine are the same fittings .

Edit I have mine running under the track bar
I did my tabs on either side of the track bar bolt. I was worried about the ram being out of plane. It's worked okay so far but obviously will be a few extra steps to remove the track bar if/when I ever need to. Does the ram clear the tie rod okay? I may end up switching it to your way if it does.
Yeah need to mess with it more just doesn't seem to fit right and worries me the hoses are going to bind up.

So for me I feel the rear Rockstars raised the shock bracket too much. I had to add a 5/8 spacer on top of my 4 inch bump stop so bumps would work. I feel the stock brackets that came with the UD would have been perfect, but I like how they are now way up and out of the way for clearance.

Lots of trimming on the front for the clearance of 40 and sitting about 2 1/2 inch taller right now.

Still have a lot to finish but all the heaving lifting is over.

20210327_182338.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

KevinG

Caught the Bug
I hear ya on the hoses. I had exactly zero experience with the ram and installed just a couple of days before the NY run. Luckily Byron (bhaner) lives a few miles from me and was a huge help. Great guy to have nearby. I've only had the chance to take it on a couple of trails and a really long road trip since the axles and ram but it's worked awesome.
As far as the height it's at, have you set the pinion angle in the back yet? I was waiting on a new rear driveline the rear was sitting high with no preload. Once I got the pinion pointed where it was supposed to be, the axle was rotated enough where I could dial in some pre load and still be low. I hope that makes sense. Just a thought.
I imagine you are going to be a little more "aggressive" with trimming with short arms and the arc when it droops. Can't wait to see more progress. It's looking awesome.

MericaMade

I hear ya on the hoses. I had exactly zero experience with the ram and installed just a couple of days before the NY run. Luckily Byron (bhaner) lives a few miles from me and was a huge help. Great guy to have nearby. I've only had the chance to take it on a couple of trails and a really long road trip since the axles and ram but it's worked awesome.
As far as the height it's at, have you set the pinion angle in the back yet? I was waiting on a new rear driveline the rear was sitting high with no preload. Once I got the pinion pointed where it was supposed to be, the axle was rotated enough where I could dial in some pre load and still be low. I hope that makes sense. Just a thought.
I imagine you are going to be a little more "aggressive" with trimming with short arms and the arc when it droops. Can't wait to see more progress. It's looking awesome.
Did you run the long line from the passenger side or driver side on the ram?

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Did you run the long line from the passenger side or driver side on the ram?

On mine the long line to the passenger side of the ram and to the port closest to the firewall. I have the non xd box, not sure if it's different with the bigger box if that's what you have.. I was nervous about having the line in the wrong port so I left the clamp loose till I knew for sure although seeing the pump and the ram fight might've been cool

MericaMade

On mine the long line to the passenger side of the ram and to the port closest to the firewall. I have the non xd box, not sure if it's different with the bigger box if that's what you have.. I was nervous about having the line in the wrong port so I left the clamp loose till I knew for sure although seeing the pump and the ram fight might've been cool
Snap a picture for me if you can.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
ATTACH]

. IMG_2560.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Had these handy on my phone. If there's anything you need specifically happy to take a pic.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have 45 degree fittings on mine with no bind.

IMG_2734.jpg

The only issue I had was the lines the rubbing the lower radiator line. I just needed to strap that lower line back towards the radiator and it’s been fine ever since.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

ATTACH]

. View attachment 361007

Had these handy on my phone. If there's anything you need specifically happy to take a pic.
I have 45 degree fittings on mine with no bind.

View attachment 361010

The only issue I had was the lines the rubbing the lower radiator line. I just needed to strap that lower line back towards the radiator and it’s been fine ever since.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Yeah, PSC only included 90s in my kit. I'm going to bend it to a 45 and call it good.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Yeah, PSC only included 90s in my kit. I'm going to bend it to a 45 and call it good.

Be careful bending those, they like to crack when bent back the way they came from.

I agree that a 45 is a better choice, but you won't find one on a Sunday.

Any hose supply store will have them though.

MericaMade

Be careful bending those, they like to crack when bent back the way they came from.

I agree that a 45 is a better choice, but you won't find one on a Sunday.

Any hose supply store will have them though.
Thanks for the heads up Jerry. I gave up on the front and switched focus to the rear and trying to get it done so I could at least be done with one half.

Drank too much last night making it more difficult today LOL.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Pretty cool that you have those on hand! Even more awesome that you got the dog to pose at a 45 in the background.

MericaMade

If you can’t find it I can send it to you. Just let me know.

Thanks Adam.

I'm tired and stupid little things made me say fuck it today and close shop. I don't have misalignment spacers big enough for the rear rockstars to install the COs properly.

Couldn't figure out the best way to route the ebrake cable and thankfully Kevin text me a bunch of pictures of his setup so I'll get those done tomorrow.

Top Bottom