Building the Yeti - 2014 White JKU Sport Build

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
I've been inspired by so many great builds on here and finally feel like I have enough to start a build thread of my own. This is not my first wrangler build, I've already had a 2004 TJ that I got to a pretty good stage, but had to let "Dark & Stormy" go in 2010
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362142.108309.jpg

Recently I was able to get back into my passion with a new 2014 JKU Sport. Extremely excited the day I brought it home, the freedom panels were off before I pulled out the lot and a beach drive was in order.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362224.631552.jpg

Eager to get the project started I picked up a Terraflex 2.5" Budget Boost, some wheels with 4.5 back spacing, and a set of Toyo Open Country MTs and headed over to my uncle's to install it all myself. I wanted to build as much of The Yeti as I could myself in case anything went wrong on the trail, I would have half a sense of what to do to fix it. I'll be taking some classes as well to further my knowledge. Here's a couple shots of the weekend lift.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362606.409686.jpg

A couple mod's had to be left for the pro's and living in Southern California afforded me the opportunity to visit Off Road Evolution. As all the comments and reviews on them have said, it was an excellent experience and Drew and the team were awesome. I had them up my gears to 4.88 (hoping to go for 37's sooner than later), popped on some PSC bombshells, welded C gussets, and a ProCal. I was ready to roll and had plenty of power for some trail runs. A quick trip to Tahoe during the summer and I was on top of the world!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362849.351537.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362884.849939.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414363014.269072.jpg

Immediately learned that a fender chop was necessary...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414363345.774762.jpg

Thank you Eddie for the amazing write up, super easy and fun!

The first trip wasn't enough and the following week I was up at big bear, top off, doors gone, and nothing but wind and sky!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362941.828981.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362957.597551.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414363241.063905.jpg

A few days on the trails quickly lead me to a set of 5100s

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414362998.642840.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414363031.209378.jpg

Branman also hooked me up with some Rubi rock rails for some protection. (Thanks so much my man, enjoy the Sculpin IPA)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414363219.201812.jpg

A few other items for function (CB, oversized tire carrier, rubber floor mats and seat covers) and a few for looks (hood latches, billet grill, and lug nut brake lights) and that's where I am sitting today. Looking into some skid plates, roll cage, and side armor next so stay tuned!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414363428.893207.jpg

Last edited:

JK LYF

The mods look great! Tires made a huge difference.....Looking real good...Looking forward to more pics.

The guys at EVO are great, huh?

How's the Bilsteins feel? Contemplating those or Kings....Just not too sure right now...

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Nice TJ! And your JKU is looking good brother! When you hoping to go to 37's?

It's a debate as to wether I wait for the money to do the axles with the enforcer lift or just run the D30 on 37s till it fails. Might do sleeves to help it go longer but a PR44 is the goal

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
The mods look great! Tires made a huge difference.....Looking real good...Looking forward to more pics.

The guys at EVO are great, huh?

How's the Bilsteins feel? Contemplating those or Kings....Just not too sure right now...

Thanks so much! Tires def made a big difference. Guys at EVO were awesome, know their stuff and have a ton of knowledge.

I really like the 5100s and for only $350 and self install it's worth it for the ride. I'll do Kings when I do the enforcer lift, might even go coil over, so for now the 5100s were a solid move

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Looking great man, keep up the awesome work, your inspiring me and all of us. Love the white :thumb:

Really appreciate that, kinda why I figured it was time to start a thread, hoping my journey helps others find the route they want to take. White like the snow which lead to the name, can get enough! 😄👍

JK LYF

Thanks so much! Tires def made a big difference. Guys at EVO were awesome, know their stuff and have a ton of knowledge.

I really like the 5100s and for only $350 and self install it's worth it for the ride. I'll do Kings when I do the enforcer lift, might even go coil over, so for now the 5100s were a solid move

So the 5100s were a noticeable improvement? That's good to know. Appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Been saving up for Black Friday deals but had to get a trac bar relocation bracket to keep it from hitting the rear diff cover.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416687517.683274.jpg

Next up will be full belly skid plate, lower front control arms and quick disconnects for the sway bar. Not necessarily in the order, but maybe!

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Also just got my EVO facia on but those D ring mounts are tough! Without cutting I can't get that tabbed nut into the fame to secure it. These 2014s have a smaller hole than the older ones and it just won't fit. Gonna have to start cutting. I'm thinking it will have to be some shop help on this one. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422747555.650085.jpg

Top Bottom