Building the Yeti - 2014 White JKU Sport Build

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Also just got my EVO facia on but those D ring mounts are tough! Without cutting I can't get that tabbed nut into the fame to secure it. These 2014s have a smaller hole than the older ones and it just won't fit. Gonna have to start cutting. I'm thinking it will have to be some shop help on this one. View attachment 122069

I have a 2014 and was able to fit the wing nut into the cross member without any cutting. I had to use vise grips and a magnet and got it in. I'm not saying it was easy, but it only took about 15-20 minutes to figure out. I've had them off 3 times since and its pretty easy to do now. Great looking rig by the way. I love the name.

JaySC

Looking good Joey...great mods! Btw, we'll try to catch you up north on the 21st if time permits. Gotta do the in-law thing first. :icon_crazy:

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Lol!! God took you long enough to find it!

Ha ha ha! My notifications were acting up at the beginning of the year lol. Congrats on finishing boot camp brother!

PS the evo addiction will see its next round end of month. Someone hit me in a parking lot and didn't leave note. I'm adding corners and tire carrier end of the month

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ha ha ha! My notifications were acting up at the beginning of the year lol. Congrats on finishing boot camp brother!

PS the evo addiction will see its next round end of month. Someone hit me in a parking lot and didn't leave note. I'm adding corners and tire carrier end of the month

You know what they say, excuses are like assholes and they all stink :cheesy:

Thanks brother!

Damn that sucks but still awesome at the same time!! Can't wait to see them installed!

georgi.photo

Great looking rig. Hoping to start buying stuff to build up my rig. Thanks for the pics. They do help. How do you like the fender cut? Been looking at Eddie's thread on how he did them as well as a video posted on how to do them. I'm nervous since I am new at this and don't want to screw it up and have a shitty looking product... Just dumb nerves though.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Great looking rig. Hoping to start buying stuff to build up my rig. Thanks for the pics. They do help. How do you like the fender cut? Been looking at Eddie's thread on how he did them as well as a video posted on how to do them. I'm nervous since I am new at this and don't want to screw it up and have a shitty looking product... Just dumb nerves though.

Thank so much Georgi, appreciate it! I love the fender cut, one of the top mods on my list for sure. I was a little nervous, but once I started I really got into it and loved it. It takes time so just be patient. Measuring twice and checking your tape before you start is the real secret to success. If you have any questions, let me know!

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Super excited to pickup the Jeep at ORE today. Got some EVO gear and Zeon 10 for the upcoming Rubicon trip! Did a little color matching with black complimenting pieces. Only got a few shots I night, going to get better ones later when I have more time.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432952939.361214.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432952972.948730.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432952985.567272.jpg

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Finally got the Yeti washed up a bit and outside for some glamour shots after the recent work at ORE.

I originally went in for just EVO builders corners to cover up some recent damage the Jeep sustained in a hit and run parking lot crunch. Before heading in for appointment I lucked out with a slot on the July Rubicon run. I decided to up the ante all the way around.

Picked up a Warn Zeon 10 off Zoro.com 20% off coupon. After the contest I was really into the product and the discount code and free shipping made it well worth it.

To keep it secure I picked up the EVO 1/4 pounder bumper and stinger and decided to opt for a new color scheme around the Jeep. I like a little black and white, but not have the black take over so I decided to have all of the armor pieces that might cover the white body color matched and the pieces that extend/attach/scrape black for easy touch up. I added the black tire carrier to the white corners already on order and wrapped it all the way around with color match rock skins and black sliders with the "custom" or "low" angle. Some tail lights, Rigid Duallys for backup and 3 day visit to Fullerton and the Yeti had taken another step of Evolution 😄✌🏻

Some shots of the goods! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433113553.338973.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433113572.377597.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433113582.843736.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433113596.844266.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433113608.553028.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433113621.368321.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433113633.550971.jpg

Top Bottom