California or Bust : An Epic Trek Across the California Emigrant Trail

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Getting into the spirit and counting down the days!!!

main.php

That's a great picture.:yup:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Last call before packing it all.
Food-wise, is there anything we need to pack to help chip in with the meals? Or will that be decided on the road?
Camp-wise, do we need to pack our two burner stove to help with cooking? Or do we have sufficient stove coverage already? Anything else that might be of help?
Tool-wise, I am packing my cordless impact wrench and my electrical odds and ends tool box. Can I count on other's generosity if I need any real tools?
Trail-wise, we are packing the privacy tent and 3-legged potty for Susan and the ladies (and guys too) should the surroundings dictate it's need. Anything else you can think of for trail tranquility?

Trail Bud

Hooked
Last call before packing it all.
Food-wise, is there anything we need to pack to help chip in with the meals? Or will that be decided on the road?
Camp-wise, do we need to pack our two burner stove to help with cooking? Or do we have sufficient stove coverage already? Anything else that might be of help?
Tool-wise, I am packing my cordless impact wrench and my electrical odds and ends tool box. Can I count on other's generosity if I need any real tools?
Trail-wise, we are packing the privacy tent and 3-legged potty for Susan and the ladies (and guys too) should the surroundings dictate it's need. Anything else you can think of for trail tranquility?

I'm in the dark on this one as for meals. I packed for the Rubicon and made that work. we have multiple impact drivers, but that's ok. I have a full set of tools if needed and other goodies. we'll work as group if issue comes up?

Getting antsy I'm ready to go. Too bad got 2 days of work left.

Last edited:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
I'm in the dark on this one as for meals. I packed for the Rubicon and made that work. we have multiple impact drivers, but that's ok. I have a full set of tools if needed and other goodies. we'll work as group if issue comes up?

Getting antsy I'm ready to go. Too bad got 2 days of work left.

Yep. I hear you. Group efforts are always more fun and effective. I'm glad I got those two days though. The Jeep issues coming up late like that threw my whole plan off. :eek:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
As always, whatever tools and parts and whatever it takes to help each other out. No soldier left behind. There was a post last week on what some of us are traveling with as far as tools and parts. As far as food, we are taking snacks and stuff to make sandwiches on the road, but besides that I would imagine with most nights in hotels we should be good. The nights we camp we will need to hit a market.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, there should be more than enough tools and gear to help out everyone. As far as food goes, most of our trip will be passing through towns and we'll just be eating on the road. Breakfasts will be at restaurants as well as dinners and lunches will be determined on a day to day basis. Some days will be fast food and some will be picnic days. Of course, for the camping nights, we'll have to stock up the night before. :yup:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
As always, whatever tools and parts and whatever it takes to help each other out. No soldier left behind. There was a post last week on what some of us are traveling with as far as tools and parts. As far as food, we are taking snacks and stuff to make sandwiches on the road, but besides that I would imagine with most nights in hotels we should be good. The nights we camp we will need to hit a market.

Thanks, Don and Doug. Susan is a detail person and this will go a long way to reassure her that details are in place to cover her concerns. As for me, I was just going to go around with Moochie and scavenge what he drops while on his rounds. :brows:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, there should be more than enough tools and gear to help out everyone. As far as food goes, most of our trip will be passing through towns and we'll just be eating on the road. Breakfasts will be at restaurants as well as dinners and lunches will be determined on a day to day basis. Some days will be fast food and some will be picnic days. Of course, for the camping nights, we'll have to stock up the night before. :yup:

Dang. I somehow completely passed over your response. Senior moment combined with computer machine thingy that has way too many moving parts and options. Thanks to you too, Eddie. :blush:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dang. I somehow completely passed over your response. Senior moment combined with computer machine thingy that has way too many moving parts and options. Thanks to you too, Eddie. :blush:

LOL!! It's all good - I see how it is :crazyeyes:

Moochie

Thanks, Don and Doug. Susan is a detail person and this will go a long way to reassure her that details are in place to cover her concerns. As for me, I was just going to go around with Moochie and scavenge what he drops while on his rounds. :brows:

You can shadow me but, I don't leave anything behind. :)

mackey

Hey Eddie. Let me know the days and location you will be in Idaho. I'd love to meet up with you guys. BBQ and drinks on me.

KenB1010

I just finished my last day of work before road trip. I almost had to go to Mariposa for work. I had the jeep at the dealer today to fix the cruise control, and lucky me it turned out to be a bad clock spring fixed under warrantee. Just need to check the fluids and pack. I may actually leave early and do some exploring. 😱😎😱

SierraSilver

Where are you staying in Placerville?

I'll plan on bringing the family and meeting you in Placerville. I'll see who else I can get to join.

Top Bottom