Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

Ddays

Hooked
I'm amazed you gave them more money when it still wasn't right. I would have thought after your past experience with them that you would have at least held off on the $5k until you were happy with the job

How is anyone surprised at this?

I would have written them the check and then driven home and immediately cancelled the damn thing. I'm not an advocate of that sort of thing but in this case, after everything they did, I'd let them try to come after me to get more money. Let 'em take you to court.

Did you ever have a lawyer review any of the stuff they put in writing before you dropped the jeep off again?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Just read this whole thread. You sir are an idiot. Why come to the internet for advice if you arent going to listen to any of it?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is the thread that keeps on giving. I seriously hope you continue to go to bruiser conversions. They do some quality work.

Hot94Z28

Wait, so they fuck up your shit.....Then you take it back and they fuck up more shit.....Ok, then on top of fucking all your shit up you pay them another $5,000.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466687210.069687.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Well I got to finally pick up my Jeep last weekend... They claimed my new swap would take 2 weeks and it ended up taking 6 weeks.
What!? The overshot the time estimate by an entire month!?! who would have thought this would have happened.... AGAIN?!

When I was there I was presented a bill for $5,000

Of course you were. that is exactly what "free of charge" means to me also :crazyeyes:

they were just supposed to put ram assist on my Jeep but then decided that my suspension was "screwed up" and had to add a few hours of labor to "fix" that.
Sweet! Unauthorized work! Glad to see you went back! :thumb:

Well here's where it gets interesting...

Since I have gotten the Jeep back I have found that my left front lower control arm is 1/4" longer than the right one, both rear lower control arm bolts were extremely loose, my front driveshaft needs to be shortened, and my rear differential is dripping fluid. So they charged me to "fix" things I knew were not broken, but they just screwed it up.

The actual engine actually works very well as of now, I have to give them that. And I kinda have to blame myself a little for letting them have it back after everything, but I wanted an engine that I could actually service myself and easily get parts for.
:shock: I wonder why that happened? Maybe you should try paying them to fix it, rather then expecting them to make it right? :crazyeyes::gaah::furious3::nuts::crazy_eyes::tantrum::stick hiting:

:munching:

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Man it's hard to feel bad anymore. I almost hope you continue to go back to them for the entertainment value

Jackal01

To think of what I can do with $5,000 on my JK and you just give it to these assholes after they fuck your shit up multiple times.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Some people have more money than sense. This thread is a perfect example of that! The part that I don't understand is why do you (Thegreenmachine12) keep posting your Jeep drama? Do you enjoy this type of attention? Do you like that most people think that there is something seriously wrong with you? I know it's easy for me to question your decisions, but you're the one putting them out there. Just stop already!

WJCO

Meme King
I sincerely hope your engine works out for you, but truthfully, with the track record of the shit this shop did to you, I won't be surprised if more shit goes wrong. Either way, good luck.

Ddays

Hooked
I'd be selling that green turd as fast as I could & getting another one to start over with. Seriously, do it quick before it starts shitting fluid all over the place.

I sincerely hope your engine works out for you, but truthfully, with the track record of the shit this shop did to you, I won't be surprised if more shit goes wrong. Either way, good luck.

I really don't want to sell my Jeep, but at least I now have an engine that is easily serviceable. As of right now, she's still running well. Hopefully it stays that way.

How is anyone surprised at this?

I would have written them the check and then driven home and immediately cancelled the damn thing. I'm not an advocate of that sort of thing but in this case, after everything they did, I'd let them try to come after me to get more money. Let 'em take you to court.

Did you ever have a lawyer review any of the stuff they put in writing before you dropped the jeep off again?

We'll see what happens. I told them I wasn't paying for a damn thing that I didn't tell them to do. I let them put the ram assist on but that's it. That's all I paid for. And it's a good thing since everything else they "fixed" is screwed up!!!

Ddays

Hooked
We'll see what happens. I told them I wasn't paying for a damn thing that I didn't tell them to do. I let them put the ram assist on but that's it. That's all I paid for. And it's a good thing since everything else they "fixed" is screwed up!!!

Look, I am really not rooting against you and I sincerely hope that this works out for you. If it were mine, I had the money invested in this Jeep you do, and I was dead set on keeping it, I would take it to a reputable garage and have them inspect it from top to bottom. I don't remember reading this in the thread but did they install a crate motor? If not, did they tell you the mileage? Knowing these clowns, I'd have the respectable guy drop the oil pan & maybe even pull a head to check the condition of the motor. Same for the tranny.

Look, I am really not rooting against you and I sincerely hope that this works out for you. If it were mine, I had the money invested in this Jeep you do, and I was dead set on keeping it, I would take it to a reputable garage and have them inspect it from top to bottom. I don't remember reading this in the thread but did they install a crate motor? If not, did they tell you the mileage? Knowing these clowns, I'd have the respectable guy drop the oil pan & maybe even pull a head to check the condition of the motor. Same for the tranny.

It's fine man, I deserve to be roasted. The whole situation sucks, but I am out of it now. The Cummins was not a common 4BT, it was an engine that I quickly found out no one knew anything about, including Cummins dealers in the US! Now I have an engine that is extremely serviceable.

I am doing the break in oil change today. I have proof that I have a brand new crate motor from GM now, I have paperwork and the serial #'s match. The engine does run well and the trans seems happy with the motor. So hopefully it stays that way. But yeah you're right I'm going to have a shop go over the conversion and make sure that it is all good and at least have a look at the motor. Like I said I am just happy to be done with them, they will never ever see my Jeep ever again. With the Cummins I was stuck dealing with them because they were the only ones who knew anything about the motor. With the LS, I have an extremely common engine that any mechanic can work on and I can get parts for at AutoZone. So i'm out of the situation for good. :D

It would probably make sense to sell the Jeep, but at this point, there is so much time, money, and heartache put into the Jeep and I really have it now exactly where I want it.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Thegreenmachine12...your back again crying. I was under the impression you and Brusier buddy up and this time they Brusier were really going to take care of you after all the bashing you did on them.

Top Bottom