Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

Yup it costs around $30k depending on the HP of the LS motor you want. Just for the hell of it I got a quote from a couple companies and decided my V6 was just fine....

I think they also offer the 5.3 for about 5k less. Not sure about the power output on the 5.3 though.

The basic LS3 is rated at 430 hp and 425 ft lbs at the crank.

Yup it costs around $30k depending on the HP of the LS motor you want. Just for the hell of it I got a quote from a couple companies and decided my V6 was just fine....

Does motech just sell kits and parts or do they actually do in house turn key conversions?

Ddays

Hooked
I don't start drama on Instagram. I try only to make positive posts with cool photos. Forums like this are where we have discussions on real issues. But you're right I guess I should have posted every time I had a problem.

EJS was kind of the last straw for me and thats why I posted up on here.

OK. Justify this with what you're saying now:

IG.jpg

JeepJeep75

Does motech just sell kits and parts or do they actually do in house turn key conversions?

Dude. Do you do any research at all on things you might be interested in? Seems like you just put wads of money into your cannon and start firing away hoping for something good to happen.

Dude. Do you do any research at all on things you might be interested in? Seems like you just put wads of money into your cannon and start firing away hoping for something good to happen.

Yeah I kinda just went into the diesel at first after watching all the videos and reading about the conversion a little. I saw a couple bad reviews and a couple good ones and just figured thats how business works. Y'all are right I figured that it must be the best because it cost a lot. So that was my problem

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I mean, they made me the offer early last week after I started this thread. And if the new conversion ends up being the solution and if it works as it should, I will take back everything I said. I took the Jeep down to their shop this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.

Gotcha. I hope you're left with a fully functioning (and reliable) Jeep.

Yeah that is true that was one thing I didn't like about the Cummins was that it had no power on the road. I could barely hold 60 mph without the EGT's being too high. I know its a stupid reason but I didn't include the other issues because I didn't want to start drama on there.

And I shouldn't have come on here right away and start the "calling out" but I was angry at that moment. But I truly hope that the Jeep will work this time as it should and like I said I don't think I had any other options other than to let them have another chance.

Exodus 4x4

Yeah that is true that was one thing I didn't like about the Cummins was that it had no power on the road. I could barely hold 60 mph without the EGT's being too high. I know its a stupid reason but I didn't include the other issues because I didn't want to start drama on there.

I say you're full of shit. Is IG some fucking "safe space" where people can go and not get pussy hurt? Maybe it is, I don't know since I don't participate.

WJCO

Meme King
I think they also offer the 5.3 for about 5k less. Not sure about the power output on the 5.3 though.

I would advise against anyone getting the 5.3L. We're seeing a lot of issues with them. Lifters, piston rings, etc. GM has a multiple page bulletin about failing AFM lifters, cam lobes, and major oil consumption issues. FYI.

I say you're full of shit. Is IG some fucking "safe space" where people can go and not get pussy hurt? Maybe it is, I don't know since I don't participate.

The only reason I go on instagram is to post cool pics of the Jeep and the truck, not to bash companies that I believe have done me wrong. And I didn't want to immediately go on the prowl. But I did on here and that was wrong but whats happened has happened.

I would advise against anyone getting the 5.3L. We're seeing a lot of issues with them. Lifters, piston rings, etc. GM has a multiple page bulletin about failing AFM lifters, cam lobes, and major oil consumption issues. FYI.

Ouch. Is that the new 5.3, the ecotec2 in the new trucks? or is that the vortec 5.3? Are they pretty much the same motor? I heard they were different. Ill have to look that up.

WJCO

Meme King
Ouch. Is that the new 5.3, the ecotec2 in the new trucks? or is that the vortec 5.3? Are they pretty much the same motor? I heard they were different. Ill have to look that up.

Not sure of the years off-hand. But the 5.3 AFM motor has all of those issues, and the non-AFM engines still have hardness problems with the lifter rollers and cam lobes. I bet I see 5-10 per week. The newer ones may be different, not sure.

Not sure of the years off-hand. But the 5.3 AFM motor has all of those issues, and the non-AFM engines still have hardness problems with the lifter rollers and cam lobes. I bet I see 5-10 per week. The newer ones may be different, not sure.

oh ok sounds like a nightmare.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Bullshit! Get you load of crap and get the fuck outta here.

Cummins are underpowered? Why are they the best diesels out there. You are full of shit.

You're the same guy who goes to a strip club, asks for a lap dance from a chick, find out she's a dude and still take the blow job saying "ah it was free."

Cummins are underpowered? Why are they the best diesels out there. You are full of shit.

You're the same guy who goes to a strip club, asks for a lap dance from a chick, find out she's a dude and still take the blow job saying "ah it was free."

They are the best diesels out there. I think the issue of power came down to the torque converter. The engine makes plenty of power but in gears 1-4 the torque converter slips so bad that the power can't get to the wheels. It locks up in 5th gear though and at that point there is plenty of power but the EGT's are too high and I don't want to press it.

Your life experiences make for such rich rebuttals :brows:

They are the best diesels out there. I think the issue of power came down to the torque converter. The engine makes plenty of power but in gears 1-4 the torque converter slips so bad that the power can't get to the wheels. It locks up in 5th gear though and at that point there is plenty of power but the EGT's are too high and I don't want to press it.

So what you are saying is on top of a ragged out motor they gave you a POS transmission. I'm with Over lander Cummins are in no way under powered. I used to think Bruiser's was cool and that would be an awesome conversion especially after you started posting your Jeep. Now after what you have posted about them I wouldn't let them work on a power wheels

So what you are saying is on top of a ragged out motor they gave you a POS transmission. I'm with Over lander Cummins are in no way under powered. I used to think Bruiser's was cool and that would be an awesome conversion especially after you started posting your Jeep. Now after what you have posted about them I wouldn't let them work on a power wheels

The transmission is fine I think its all the torque converter. Once the torque converter locks up in overdrive it has plenty of power but like I said the EGT's are already too high at that point and I don't want to push it.

Top Bottom