Camper project

Ed Lapadura

Build looks great. It is lots of fun doing a project like that.

Here is a few pics of my finished project. Built the trailer from scratch and bought parts locally and online.
The tent is from Cascadia Vehicle Tents out in Oregon.

Here are a few vid links to my build...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfEJ4NbiEIQ&list=UUvzW-qa-w548OBSZrn8diCQ&feature=c4-overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gy4ZWpS38&list=UUvzW-qa-w548OBSZrn8diCQ

View attachment 71975 View attachment 71976

View attachment 71977
View attachment 71978

WOW very cool:thumb:

Armydog

That's the same as the one my wheels came from I also have the tongue

Yup, thought those wheels looked familiar. Your project looks awesome, makes me want to start a project. I really need to learn how to weld. I think I might pit up a mig and start practicing running a bead.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

CCTX50

Build looks great. It is lots of fun doing a project like that.

Here is a few pics of my finished project. Built the trailer from scratch and bought parts locally and online.
The tent is from Cascadia Vehicle Tents out in Oregon.

Here are a few vid links to my build...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfEJ4NbiEIQ&list=UUvzW-qa-w548OBSZrn8diCQ&feature=c4-overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gy4ZWpS38&list=UUvzW-qa-w548OBSZrn8diCQ

View attachment 71975 View attachment 71976

View attachment 71977
View attachment 71978

Very nice work. Do you have your total empty weight with tent on top?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

pikdiesel

Weighting it it's one thing that I have not done yet. If I had to give my best guess....the trailer is close to 500lbs(all steel) and the tent is close to 100lbs. I will have to make a point to get to the scales this year. I'd like to know for sure myself!

CCTX50

Weighting it it's one thing that I have not done yet. If I had to give my best guess....the trailer is close to 500lbs(all steel) and the tent is close to 100lbs. I will have to make a point to get to the scales this year. I'd like to know for sure myself!

Thanks brother. Been looking at ideas and trying to come up with something. Was thinking aluminum, but that might be too costly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ed Lapadura

:brows:Hey fellas I got a little more done this weekend. While at the shop sat. I fabricated the rear stands so I can enter and exit not connected to the rig. Then made the counter and bench. I'll have a ton of storage down low. A buddy of mine bought a wrecked camper for the running gear and is letting me grab anything I need before he scraps the rest. I'm hoping to snag some cool windows while I'm at it. Before you ask, he's keeping the generator. But no worries I have two to choose from. Here's some pics of the progress:rock:
trailer 040.jpg trailer 041.jpg trailer 042.jpg trailer 043.jpg trailer 044.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Lapadura

Update on the trailer progress..... Last Sunday I was working at our barn trimming trees and bushes when I noticed our Bougainvillea bushes which we have about a dozen were getting very over grown. So I got my gloves and trimmed them all back which took about 5 hours. I then went and trimmed a black olive tree that was overgrown around the entrance to the riding ring, By this time the sun was setting and I was beat so I cleaned up and went home. As anyone who knows of bougainvillea plants they have thorns and of coarse I got a little scratched up. When I stripped down for a shower the amount of scratches seemed to have doubled or even tripled. Well fellas I found out the hard way that I'm very allergic to bougainvillea's. Monday I was a swollen, itchy mess. I went to the doctor and the look on her face was priceless. I'm now out of work till I heal up. I never have had any allergic reactions like this before and would not wish this on even my worst enemy. I am still going to Ocala sunday to pic up parts for the trailer and when my skin heals up will be back at it hard.
Let this be a warning to anyone trimming these bushes....Its worse than poison ivy!

Top Bottom