Camper project

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Update on the trailer progress..... Last Sunday I was working at our barn trimming trees and bushes when I noticed our Bougainvillea bushes which we have about a dozen were getting very over grown. So I got my gloves and trimmed them all back which took about 5 hours. I then went and trimmed a black olive tree that was overgrown around the entrance to the riding ring, By this time the sun was setting and I was beat so I cleaned up and went home. As anyone who knows of bougainvillea plants they have thorns and of coarse I got a little scratched up. When I stripped down for a shower the amount of scratches seemed to have doubled or even tripled. Well fellas I found out the hard way that I'm very allergic to bougainvillea's. Monday I was a swollen, itchy mess. I went to the doctor and the look on her face was priceless. I'm now out of work till I heal up. I never have had any allergic reactions like this before and would not wish this on even my worst enemy. I am still going to Ocala sunday to pic up parts for the trailer and when my skin heals up will be back at it hard.
Let this be a warning to anyone trimming these bushes....Its worse than poison ivy!

Hope for the best for you! My wife get bad reactions from poison ivy every year due to us hiking and our dog getting into it as well. That stuff is nasty I can only imagine.

StrizzyChris

Im hoping they prescribed you a Steroid(prednisone), antihistamine(Benadryl), and Proton Pump Inhibitor (Pepcid) regiment for a few days. That's one hell of a reaction! :eek:

....Also, you may want to talk to your primary doc about getting an epi pen to store in your fridge incase of future unexpected contact that causes difficulty breathing. Every reaction from here on out will only be worse. Good luck and hope you get to feeling better!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Im hoping they prescribed you a Steroid(prednisone), antihistamine(Benadryl), and Proton Pump Inhibitor (Pepcid) regiment for a few days. That's one hell of a reaction! :eek:

....Also, you may want to talk to your primary doc about getting an epi pen to store in your fridge incase of future unexpected contact that causes difficulty breathing. Every reaction from here on out will only be worse. Good luck and hope you get to feeling better!

Listen to the murse. Good info focker.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, well it could be worse...I knew a guy who knew a guy that wiped his ass with poison ivy when he was out golfing...

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug

Agreed^^........You may want to get a skin and blood allergy test screen and find out what else you may be allergic to......like Chris said every reaction you get from here on out will be worse than before.......Station 97 is right next door to the barn.......my guys will be more then happy to help you out if it happens again.......Benedryl...Epinephrine. ..Solu-Medrol....they have it all

Get better soon Brother

~Woodrow~

Brankz

You say what? Are you a Doctor mister?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I can only assume from Adam's comment that I quoted above that he is a nurse. Greg Focker, RN.

Stizzy's own profile says "murse"... ER and Trauma to be exact. No offense intended to the docs out there, but many times I think the nurses know more about their patients and certainly have better bedside manner.

Hack12

Stizzy's own profile says "murse"... ER and Trauma to be exact. No offense intended to the docs out there, but many times I think the nurses know more about their patients and certainly have better bedside manner.

I couldn't agree more. I spend almost 100% of my time at hospitals with inmates and have a front row seat to exactly what you're talking about. Nurses are the NCO's of the medical field.

munstie

Hell you go to the E.R. here your lucky to see a doctor, most of the time it's a nurse taking care of everything..

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Much respect for RN's.......After my prehospital treatment and arrival to the ER.....I turn my patients over to the ER nurse and the continue the care and treatment from there.....Some doctors I have delt with in the past have come across as condescending asses who like to question every thing that you did just to let you know who's the boss........fortunately I have a great report with the ones I work with now as well as the crew of nurses so everything runs smooth.......Chris....I have great respect for what you all do in the ER :thumb:

~Woodrow~

Ed Lapadura

The doctor and nurse that took care of me were great. The doctor was a good looking female while the nurse was a flaming homo;) but knew what he was doing.

Top Bottom