CJ buggy build

klungly

Glad you know what you're doing...haha. All of those parts look very intimidating. I bet you tube could at least get me started though..;)

thanks man :). It was pretty intimidating even with a book on how to rebuild them. lol I learned a lot and after I started it wasn't too bad.

klungly

I took the pump housing to a local transmission shop for some machining, a seal and bushing removed, and a new oil pump assembly. The pump vanes had started gouging the housing. They are going to machine the housing to match to pump, making better fluid flow through out the bearings. It'll be done tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get the transmission back together and bolted to the transfer case.

klungly

These new dana 60 super kingpin inner C's came a few days ago. The knuckles and kingpin kits are on their way. I think this will be a good project for when my in-laws visit early next year. 1476420364605.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

Just got my new diff cover today. Wasn't too sure when I heard it was aluminum but it's seems pretty beefy.
I don't know how good that diff cover will do. I know me and Grubbicon both went with Ruffstuff diff covers. They are really heavy duty and have seen them take a beating on other peoples rigs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

klungly

I don't know how good that diff cover will do. I know me and Grubbicon both went with Ruffstuff diff covers. They are really heavy duty and have seen them take a beating on other peoples rigs

Thanks man, that's not a bad idea. I've been looking a little at tmr and arb, I forgot about ruffstuff. I'll look at them again.

jkwebbie

Thanks man, that's not a bad idea. I've been looking a little at tmr and arb, I forgot about ruffstuff. I'll look at them again.
No problem bud. I had looked at ARB but they didn't make a diff cover for the Sterling 10.5 so I went with Ruffstuff so they would match and they are tuff as nails. The only draw back is they are plane as shit with no design on them. But I'm putting matching stickers on both of mine to help that lol

klungly

No problem bud. I had looked at ARB but they didn't make a diff cover for the Sterling 10.5 so I went with Ruffstuff so they would match and they are tuff as nails. The only draw back is they are plane as shit with no design on them. But I'm putting matching stickers on both of mine to help that lol

I'm glad you mentioned ruffstuff. TMR has the same diff cover the only difference is their logo is on it and $100 more!

klungly

The transmission is finally back together. I hope I did everything right, this being my first transmission rebuild. 1476826040424.jpg bolted up the adapter plate. 1476826097310.jpg bolted up the lower foot plate to go to the transfer case. Checked to see if my new output shaft is too long. It shouldn't be. 1476826172721.jpg

klungly

My long awaited beadlocks came today!! I checked fitment on my axles, it's a close fit. The disappointing thing is my rock rings are on backorder, hopefully they'll arrive soon. 1476826350676.jpg 1476826354663.jpg I have 37 X 12.5 maxxis trepadors to mount on them. 1476826421177.jpg

GR8WHITE

Badass kingin C's and knuckles. I wanted to do that on my build but cheaped out. Wheels and tires look go too! :thumb:

klungly

Badass kingin C's and knuckles. I wanted to do that on my build but cheaped out. Wheels and tires look go too! :thumb:

Thanks man!! It was a lot but I think it'll be worth it. I'm not looking forward to cutting off the old C's though lol.

klungly

Took out the locking hub 1477103704593.jpg took the unit bearing off. The snap ring on the axle shaft was a huge pain to get out. 1477103801077.jpg I had to be creative getting the axle shaft out. Prying it out against the axle tube wasn't getting me anywhere. I took a ball joint press, put one end on the u joint and the other end on an old lawn mower blade across the knuckle seal opening. 1477104024680.jpg 1477104032128.jpg 1477104071610.jpg took off the knuckles 1477104091570.jpg 1477104094745.jpg

Top Bottom