CJ buggy build

klungly

I started the transmission swap today. The t18 transmission and Dana 20 transfer case were pulled out IMG_20161226_115620170.jpg IMG_20161226_122051447.jpg IMG_20161226_153630065.jpg IMG_20161226_162715060.jpg I started to bolted up the flex plate. A bolt was missing, probably got lost moving into the new house. IMG_20161226_164358617.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
The new transmission is on its way in. The torque converter is giving me some trouble lining up with the transmission pump.

Like mentioned above, spine and push on the converter until it seats on the pump splines. If you dont feel it go in all the way, its possible you didn't get the pump halfs lined up right. Did you use a guide? Anyways i'm subscribing to your build.

klungly

I had to lower it down and got the torque converter seated. Then jacked it back into place, there was a large gap between the block and bellhousing. I had to lower it back down and asked baboozle and a local hot rod shop for help. I over looked a plate for the old manual transmission. Removed it and put everything back in place, and bolt in the transmission and torque converter.

klungly

Like mentioned above, spine and push on the converter until it seats on the pump splines. If you dont feel it go in all the way, its possible you didn't get the pump halfs lined up right. Did you use a guide? Anyways i'm subscribing to your build.
I think it wasn't lining up with the pump splines. I didn't know there were guides. I went back and tried seating it again and paid more attention the second time.

Top Bottom