Cocktail Hour

JAGS

Hooked
Question for the cocktail masses..

Had my first Moscow Mule last night. Had it at a restaurant bar and it was served in a regular glass. Tasted pretty good, but didn't seem to have any mint in it, and it was not served in a copper mug.

How important is the copper mug for the mule?

If there was no mint and no copper mug, it was NOT a true mule. Those who say you can't taste the difference need to try a few more. [emoji6] Doesn't mean they are bad without the mint or mug. But yes, both make a difference. I've had quite a few with all different variations.

Napalm

They say it's not a mule unless it's in a copper mug. I say I can't taste a difference. :cool:

Looks cooler in the copper mug :) also, think it stays colder longer in the copper as well.

You should try a Mexican mule. It's like a Moscow mule but with tequila. Pretty damn good I must say!

Mules are best in an all copper mug! [emoji106] there's copper clad stainless mugs but it's not the same. The 100% copper cools faster and keeps cooler longer. Drinking a mule in a glass is like Drinking wine out of a plastic cup man!

If there was no mint and no copper mug, it was NOT a true mule. Those who say you can't taste the difference need to try a few more. [emoji6] Doesn't mean they are bad without the mint or mug. But yes, both make a difference. I've had quite a few with all different variations.

Thanks fellas.. I had my suspicions. It was also made with Tequila.. isn't a mule made with vodka?

What a disappointment :(

Thanks fellas.. I had my suspicions. It was also made with Tequila.. isn't a mule made with vodka?

What a disappointment :(

There's definitely other "mules" out there. Mexican mule is mixed with tequila...but none of which are as good as a good original Moscow mule in a copper mug (with lime of course) :)

JAGS

Hooked
Taking the lead from MTG, had to go with a VT since it is National Vodka Day.

IMG_1475645649.773546.jpg

Note: Looks like another empty bottle. [emoji12]

Top Bottom