Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

Grubbicon

Looks like this gonna be good. Already good.

Thanks man. I cant wait for tons ive talked about it forever and cant wait to beat on it with confidence that everything isnt gonna snap. Not to mention I cant wait to finally have the right gears.

jkwebbie

You might have seen this already, but I was looking around online and found this. This is what I'll be using as a guide line for my axle swap, thought you might could use it too. It's the Dana 60 and Sterling 10.5 swap done by FourWheeler magazine

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...rangler-jk-junkyard-dana-60-axle-swap-part-1/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...7-jeep-wrangler-jk-junkyard-axle-swap-part-2/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...8-jeep-wrangler-junkyard-jk-axle-swap-part-3/

Grubbicon

You might have seen this already, but I was looking around online and found this. This is what I'll be using as a guide line for my axle swap, thought you might could use it too. It's the Dana 60 and Sterling 10.5 swap done by FourWheeler magazine

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...rangler-jk-junkyard-dana-60-axle-swap-part-1/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...7-jeep-wrangler-jk-junkyard-axle-swap-part-2/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/t...8-jeep-wrangler-junkyard-jk-axle-swap-part-3/

Thanks man for posting that up here. Ive seen it but never really read through it. Just a quick glance on the first link they are using a 99-04 d60. Just know when you go to do the 05+ are a bit different on the cast because of the links instead of leaf springs. Just thought id point that out just incase. In the artec kit they show a good bit of what should be cut off on each.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440373523.477599.jpg
Also just to make sure its know if you do 99-04 axles a good bit of those are d50s so just be carful when looking.

EDIT: It appears the 99-04 axles have 30 spline outers stock. I could be very wrong but I believe the 05+ is 35 spline all the way through. Not a huge deal to change to 35 spline outers but just another thought I had.

Last edited:

jkwebbie

Thanks man for posting that up here. Ive seen it but never really read through it. Just a quick glance on the first link they are using a 99-04 d60. Just know when you go to do the 05+ are a bit different on the cast because of the links instead of leaf springs. Just thought id point that out just incase. In the artec kit they show a good bit of what should be cut off on each.
View attachment 161432
Also just to make sure its know if you do 99-04 axles a good bit of those are d50s so just be carful when looking.

EDIT: It appears the 99-04 axles have 30 spline outers stock. I could be very wrong but I believe the 05+ is 35 spline all the way through. Not a huge deal to change to 35 spline outers but just another thought I had.

Yea I'm looking for the 05 and up because I need them for the ABS and speed sensor hook ups. And I think you're right about them being 35 spline all the way.

Grubbicon

Yea I'm looking for the 05 and up because I need them for the ABS and speed sensor hook ups. And I think you're right about them being 35 spline all the way.
Ahh. I forgot all about the newer Jeeps requiring a lot more. As much as I love electronics in the Jeep they drive me crazy.

Jtmw

I'm amazed at how many people have plans for junkyard tons. I felt like i was the only one on here.

jkwebbie

I'm amazed at how many people have plans for junkyard tons. I felt like i was the only one on here.

I think us Southern boys are the only ones crazy enough to do it ourselves instead if buying drop in axles lol

Edit: plus, with the money I'll save on junkyard axles over Dynatrac or Currie, I can spend it on other things like beadlocks and HP!!

thardy

Banned
I think us Southern boys are the only ones crazy enough to do it ourselves instead if buying drop in axles lol

Edit: plus, with the money I'll save on junkyard axles over Dynatrac or Currie, I can spend it on other things like beadlocks and HP!!

I think it has a lot to do with the availability of the axles too. It's so easy to find them in this area.

jkwebbie

I think it has a lot to do with the availability of the axles too. It's so easy to find them in this area.

This is true!!! The amount of junkyards within a hours drive of my house is crazy. There literally one within walking distance lol. I can't wait to find my axles and swap them in!!! I'm online almost every day looking lol

hhunter050

Lol I can build my axles and suspension for cheaper than a set of dynatracs axles at the same spec as the F350 SD axles

Grubbicon

This is true!!! The amount of junkyards within a hours drive of my house is crazy. There literally one within walking distance lol. I can't wait to find my axles and swap them in!!! I'm online almost every day looking lol
If you run into problems finding any when it comes times let me know and I can get you hooked up with the guy Harrison and I are getting axles from. He is pretty fairly priced at least IMO.

EDIT: Good news is he said the axles are gonna be ready for me to come get Saturday.

jkwebbie

Lol I can build my axles and suspension for cheaper than a set of dynatracs axles at the same spec as the F350 SD axles

That's the truth!!! A set of Dynatrac 60s will be like 18k and I can build F350 axles and long arms for less than half that!

If you run into problems finding any when it comes times let me know and I can get you hooked up with the guy Harrison and I are getting axles from. He is pretty fairly priced at least IMO.

EDIT: Good news is he said the axles are gonna be ready for me to come get Saturday.

Thanks man! I might have to take you up on that offer and take a nice drive down there to Georgia and see you guys!

Grubbicon

Artec stuff is supposed to be here later today. Also reason for posting is because Harrison found this picture on IG and I found it interesting how wide these things are with no flare on a jeep. I picked these for the width but I didnt expect that much of a difference under the jeep.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440674059.117228.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Artec stuff is supposed to be here later today. Also reason for posting is because Harrison found this picture on IG and I found it interesting how wide these things are with no flare on a jeep. I picked these for the width but I didnt expect that much of a difference under the jeep.

Hot damn that is wide! #stancefordays #stancypants

jkwebbie

View attachment 162014

Hell yea!!!!! I can't wait to get mine now!

Top Bottom