Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

Grubbicon

This ^^^^ somehow i missed this. Glad to hear your ok and the jeep wasnt damaged.

Thanks man. Good thing was I didnt put the lift all the way down so there was only a half of a foot gap or so to drop. On the good side though it stayed on the back stands because my dad and I were adjusting the rear the placements when it happened. Also good the lift caught it cause if it went all the way to the ground idk how and the hell I would of got it back in the air.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
X2 man glad your okay

The build looks great love the updates as well and really can't wait to see it finishes.

Grubbicon

X2 man glad your okay

The build looks great love the updates as well and really can't wait to see it finishes.

Thanks as well man. I cant wait to see the finished product as well. I really cant wait to see how the ORIs work because it seems most either absolutely swear by them and say they wouldn't have anything else or some dont care for them at all.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Thanks as well man. I cant wait to see the finished product as well. I really cant wait to see how the ORIs work because it seems most either absolutely swear by them and say they wouldn't have anything else or some dont care for them at all.

I'm little curious bout those myself they're struts.
It'll be the first struts I've ever seen on a Jeep

Grubbicon

Well picked up the last of the wheel studs that deserve to be gold plated. I got 12 of them yesterday because the shipment got messed up and the other 20 had to be reordered. They came and I got them earlier on.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449335679.821462.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449335687.887917.jpg

I may work on the jeep some today I havent decided yet. Havent really got anything done in a couple days since I havent been feeling the greatest.

Grubbicon

Well nothing axle wise done today. A friend and I have been talking for awhile now about switching my factory nav for his factory radio. After I killed my aftermarket head unit I wanted to go to something more simple (at least in my head). Here is a few pictures of my original nav in his Jeep.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449458192.488721.jpg

Here is a few of his stock radio going into my Jeep and I remembered my battery is deader then hell so we pulled his up along side so we could get some power going to make sure everything was working.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449458229.513431.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449458244.294110.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449458292.750492.jpg

So now a question someone can hopefully answer. I have an iPad mini that I want to mount in my Jeep since I dont have a nav now. I have a life proof case on it and Id like to mount it in using the RAM X-Grip mount. Hoping some out there have a good place to put it. I have no problems drilling into my dash if I have to. I could get the windshield suction cup mount, but I really dont want to mount it on the windshield. I believe somewhere on the dash in front of the passenger would be a good spot, but I have no clue what id do to make that happen. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449458182.340297.jpg

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
While I only use it for my phone, I have a mount on the rockhard cage. Not sure if it would come down far enough for a ipad however. Its the rockhard accessory mount, ram ball adapter, and then the ram arm and clamp.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449512624.963889.jpg

Last edited:

Grubbicon

What if you tried a combination of a CMM grab bar with ball bolt and mounted a RAM mount b-ball mount to it?
It's funny to me that it was the first thing anyone suggested. I have a friend that runs this set up and he told me what all it was shortly before your response. I definitely really like that option. I wonder if I could almost make something like it. Probably not all that worth it though.

While I only use it for my phone, I have a mount on the rockhard cage. Not sure if it would come down far enough for a ipad however. Its the rockhard accessory mount, ram ball adapter, and then the ram arm and clamp.
The same friend as well brought that up. I'm curious whether if there is any difference in the rock hard cage and my poison spyder to how close it is to the windshield.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Ironically, I thought of Hinrich's mount as well, but I think an iPad mini would block too much of the windshield in that position. The grab bar seems the best choice to me if I was going to do it and it might even cost you less than those wheel studs. :crazyeyes:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I just wonder how strong the grab bar really is. I have never seen any of the metal replacement ones however, or really looked to see what the stock one actually bolts to. Not like an Ipad mini is heavy at all tho.

Grubbicon

Ironically, I thought of Hinrich's mount as well, but I think an iPad mini would block too much of the windshield in that position. The grab bar seems the best choice to me if I was going to do it and it might even cost you less than those wheel studs. :crazyeyes:
It looks like im going to go the grab handle route. I put the ipad up against the cage and in a couple other spots and I felt it had best fit down there.
EDIT: Sadly that damage was worse, but at least Ill have a great distraction now when driving. :2thumbsup:

I just wonder how strong the grab bar really is. I have never seen any of the metal replacement ones however, or really looked to see what the stock one actually bolts to. Not like an Ipad mini is heavy at all tho.
Well I guess we will see. My friend ran JKX last year with his ipad mounted there and he said he has had zero issues out of it. I guess Im going to pull the trigger on it in a bit when I get a chance.

Last edited:

Grubbicon

My ring and bolts for my wheels finally showed up from Raceline today. Took me pretty much 2 weeks to get them and a phone call after a week to see what and the hell was going on (status said they werent shipped), but they are here. I only paid for 4 sets of bolt, but I got 5 so no complaints there.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449625038.520905.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449625049.154532.jpg

I then switched out the bolts (minus a few) on the wheel that already had most of them in. Looks like the threads are spinning on a few of them so Im going to have to figure that one out. I then decided to get another wheel out and started on it. While I was doing that I started to paint the other 2 rings (one was already partially painted, but ran out of paint before it was finished).
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449625193.952721.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449625208.390022.jpg

BTW it didnt learn how to do it itself sadly lol. A few days ago I finally ordered the brackets to mount my passenger side lap belts in for the harness. A long time ago when I ordered the harnesses and put the driver side in I messed up and forgot to get the other side. I figured Id just make the other mounts, but never got around to it so I just ordered some.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449625315.687860.jpg

The electrician is supposed to be in the shop wiring up the lift and other things for good finally so not going to be able to do much while he is here so for the next few days Ill most likely do little things like finally put the other harness in and maybe mount some bead locks if Ill ever stop complaining and just do it lol.

Last edited:

Grubbicon

I got 3 of the 4 wheels mounted today. Im going to let the paint on the 4th ring dry over night and mount that one up tomorrow. In the mix is also a few pictures of the 40 MTR sitting next to a 39.5 TSL Bias. The MTR is definitely a good bit bigger. After mounting the first one we thought we heard a air leak, but turned out to not be anything noticeable. Ill check it tomorrow, but I believe it will be alright.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449702940.210746.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449702994.132881.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449703011.396684.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449703020.118319.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449703030.135739.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449703038.254356.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449703046.388309.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449703063.407184.jpg

Top Bottom