Cut Fender Thread

Wethy

Im wondering if anyone has chopped their fenders like this? And if so have you noticed any problems with it. I like having the marker and it seems like a decent way to keep it if theres no problems.
And id definitely cut the rears like wayalife cuz they look good! And you'd think chrysler would just make em like this by now! :p

Just a note I did find this pic on google

Sent from my SGH-I337M using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1405307793165.jpg
    1405307793165.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 811

dgriz

I finally got mine cut this week at my buddy's body shop. I just showed them the angles I wanted and they did all the work. It came out waaaay better than if I'd tried to do this myself at home. They even sprayed the fender wells and rounded the rear pinch seams while they were in there. I was going for a more "stock" look than some of the other trims I've seen and they came out even better than I expected.

Trim 1.jpg Trim 2.jpg Trim 3.jpg Trim 4.jpg Trim 5.jpg

DA RUNT

I finally got mine cut this week at my buddy's body shop. I just showed them the angles I wanted and they did all the work. It came out waaaay better than if I'd tried to do this myself at home. They even sprayed the fender wells and rounded the rear pinch seams while they were in there. I was going for a more "stock" look than some of the other trims I've seen and they came out even better than I expected.

Wow, that came out real nice.

Rccrwlr

View attachment 93932 View attachment 93933 View attachment 93934 View attachment 93935 View attachment 93936

This looks really nice. I like that there still is a bit of the turn down edge. Just saved the pick for future reference. Thanks

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

View attachment 93932 View attachment 93933 View attachment 93934 View attachment 93935 View attachment 93936

Those are the lines I'm looking to cutting down if I cut my fenders. They did a great job. :thumbup:

2014 JKUR

Finally had some time today and it wasn't raining so I gave my fenders a good chop :D

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407100610.664477.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407100631.578498.jpg
Photo Aug 03, 4 15 50 PM (1).jpg

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407100641.836051.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407100641.836051.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,162
Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I originally planned on cutting them with the fenders still on but honestly, it became clear pretty quickly that do it right it's clearly best to pull them off. Just make sure you have extra fender clips since you'll probably break some taking it apart.

I found it was much easier using my Dremel Multimax tool to cut the lines in. Then I used the regular Dremel for a little sanding and shaping. I did the rest of the sanding by hand.
I used a sawzall to cut the front support structure.

I did put some of the fender liner/splash guard back in but only in the front. I'm going to do a little painting in the back and some in the front in a couple weeks when I install my lift. That's going to be a busy weekend :)

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

swag247

FYI, anyone looking to cut OEM fenders... best way to get them super straight (don't even need to put trim on them they are so straight) is use a "Dry Wall Rasp". Even if you do a shitty cut job with jigsaw, this tool will clean them up! Follow up with a fine grit block sanding and they are "Clean" as can be!

kutt-13.jpg

BigBoreLove

I am still on the fence about chopping my stock fenders. My only worry is that they just get to floppy in the wind. Any thought?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am still on the fence about chopping my stock fenders. My only worry is that they just get to floppy in the wind. Any thought?

It really depends on how you cut them. The rears won't flap at all. Up front, if you leave more of the curve in on the front of the fender, it won't flap either. Where it does flap is when you cut them like I have - where the front of the fender is literally flat but really, it's not even that bad.

I used a high grade adhesive and glued them to the support. No flapping.

This ^^^. Works great and it's what I've done in the past. After knocking my fenders off more than a few times, I kind of gave up. To do it right and make it work after the fact, you need to clean up what's there before reapplying.

Top Bottom