Cut Fender Thread

DA RUNT

You just loooovvvveee showing that picture of huh? Can we see the rest of the picture, you know, when the ball of ice crashed into my face!

As requested lmao :cheesy: So here's the story behind this pic.... John's wife hadn't seen snow since a child so we go up to Mt. Rainier and she smacks him in the face with an ice ball.... we weren't quite up to the good snow yet

Attachments

• IMG_2548.jpg
    IMG_2548.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 780

bnatt78

I have a question for anyone who could answer me. I am sorry if it was answered and I didn't see it. I like the look of the cut fenders. I went on YouTube and found a video on the topic. In the video they showed how you can keep the liner on. I was wondering is there any difference in keeping the liner or getting rid of it? Thank you again for any info you can give.

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

dannymalkin

I have a question for anyone who could answer me. I am sorry if it was answered and I didn't see it. I like the look of the cut fenders. I went on YouTube and found a video on the topic. In the video they showed how you can keep the liner on. I was wondering is there any difference in keeping the liner or getting rid of it? Thank you again for any info you can give.

For the rear there is no reason or a good way to keep the liner. I noticed that it was actually holding dirt instead of letting it out.

For the front I would suggest keeping them to keep debris and mud/water out of the engine bay and the battery tray. You do need to trim the liner a bit but it works out pretty good for a free option.

bnatt78

For the rear there is no reason or a good way to keep the liner. I noticed that it was actually holding dirt instead of letting it out.

For the front I would suggest keeping them to keep debris and mud/water out of the engine bay and the battery tray. You do need to trim the liner a bit but it works out pretty good for a free option.

Thanks for the info! I am going to be cutting my fenders soon.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as mentioned the rears are pointless to keep in. just grab some black spray paint and paint your wheel wells black. For the front its up to you. i left it in because of all the mud i see on the trails. since you are down in florida i would leave them in as well just for the mud. as far as water getting into the engine bay its going to get in there if they are in or out and it isnt going to hurt anything.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
The 2012-new JKs seem to have more wiring/sensors on the firewall on the passenger side than the 3.8L JKs for whatever reason so leaving the inner fenders off isn't a superb idea. You could either get lucky and have no issues with the wiring or you could be like my friend who was unlucky and have several sensors go out and the dealership void his warranty and not touch a thing. He got fawked but I told him to put the inner fender back in. Maybe he just got super unlucky, idk but I put mine in and yes, it gets wet still but it's mostly protected.

Hope this helps
- Kenny-g

MrHooah04

As requested lmao :cheesy: So here's the story behind this pic.... John's wife hadn't seen snow since a child so we go up to Mt. Rainier and she smacks him in the face with an ice ball.... we weren't quite up to the good snow yet

Da runt I love that set up! Could you possibly pm me your build sheet?

Looking through this thread is very tempting..

Top Bottom