Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

boardsurfer

So, did anyone make it? Im sorry I couldnt, I had a last minute thing that took me to the opposite side of town.

Im still running Red Cone tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. I will be at The Fort at 9am in the dirt lot on the south side. Please let me know if you will join so I know if I have to wait for anyone.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
So, did anyone make it? Im sorry I couldnt, I had a last minute thing that took me to the opposite side of town.

Im still running Red Cone tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. I will be at The Fort at 9am in the dirt lot on the south side. Please let me know if you will join so I know if I have to wait for anyone.

Yes, us and the d-noughts....so small gathering but still a good time. Spent more time peer pressuring my wife into being a 2 jeep family :D :thumb:

t8er

Do you think Spring Creek is ready? I'm itching to run up there but don't want to go alone.

Spring creek is open and ready. Just did a run up there. I'm looking to get some folks together for a holy cross run if you'd be interested

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I've ran spring creek this year, it is clear. However due to the weather the trail has changed greatly.

boardsurfer

T8r, that's gonna be a big nope on Holy Cross. Stock axles and open diffs look to be a losing combination there. :)

Berzerker, thanks for the info. I might have to drag someone out there with me.

t8er

T8r, that's gonna be a big nope on Holy Cross. Stock axles and open diffs look to be a losing combination there. :)

Berzerker, thanks for the info. I might have to drag someone out there with me.

I will say on that trail you'd maybe want lockers for French creek. Outside of that I ran open the entire way.

Jeep2010

Hey you guys, I will be in the Denver / Colorado Springs area and looking for anybody looking to meet up for a day or two of wheeling. I will be there on August 21st late or the 22nd early.

boardsurfer

Hey you guys, I will be in the Denver / Colorado Springs area and looking for anybody looking to meet up for a day or two of wheeling. I will be there on August 21st late or the 22nd early.

Have you been out here before? What kind of trail do you have in mind? We have everything from "scenic dirt road" to "body damage imminent". Check out traildamage.com and click the trailhead map to see what's in the area - speaking of which can you be a little more specific in the area you will be staying? I'm down for the 23rd if that works for you.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Have you been out here before? What kind of trail do you have in mind? We have everything from "scenic dirt road" to "body damage imminent". Check out traildamage.com and click the trailhead map to see what's in the area - speaking of which can you be a little more specific in the area you will be staying? I'm down for the 23rd if that works for you.

Heh that's more or less exactly what I told him over PM. I might be around then but will have to wait until closer to know for sure.

Jeep2010

I don't mind body damage, I am just looking for some good trails. Challenging and a bit of scenic. Wherever it is I am game. I'll be there the 22nd of August. And ready to go from there.

BlackHat

CO rd 126 Kenosha pass up 285, quite challenging. Just camped this weekend and went wheelin to the top of the pass up there. Saw a group of jeeps and one JK was getting towed down the mtn. I didn't go all the way to the top because my 12 year old daughter was freaking out at the big rocky hill climb. I would be down to go again. Thank you Rubi rails I would have dented under the door if I didn't have them, I'll take a pic of the scratch and post it later.

boardsurfer

Sounds like Twin Cone. Definitely a bit more than I bargained for. It starts out so nice too! Then you make that corner and see the climb!

t8er

CO rd 126 Kenosha pass up 285, quite challenging. Just camped this weekend and went wheelin to the top of the pass up there. Saw a group of jeeps and one JK was getting towed down the mtn. I didn't go all the way to the top because my 12 year old daughter was freaking out at the big rocky hill climb. I would be down to go again. Thank you Rubi rails I would have dented under the door if I didn't have them, I'll take a pic of the scratch and post it later.

The jeep club I'm in just did a rescue up there on Saturday to get a TJ down. They had him attached in between a silver jkur and a blue jkur so they could get him down safely with no power and he had no brakes.

BlackHat

The jeep club I'm in just did a rescue up there on Saturday to get a TJ down. They had him attached in between a silver jkur and a blue jkur so they could get him down safely with no power and he had no brakes.

Oh I thought it was the Blue JKU that had problems, I only noticed one tow strap. Damn that had to suck being towed through the boulder field.

t8er

Oh I thought it was the Blue JKU that had problems, I only noticed one tow strap. Damn that had to suck being towed through the boulder field.

Oh I'm sure. The couple we helped out joined us for a party in bailey and then a night run on slaughterhouse. They rode in my jeep and the entire trail was the girl bashing her boyfriends jeep.

Top Bottom