Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

Slimebones

Hey, now.... I've put two runs together in the last year on the forum, where were you? :cheesy: Seriously, with 3 kids, it sure keeps us busy, most of the time, if we can get away for a ride, it's last minute and we just head up the mountain and are back down in a couple hours. We really hope to get some more Jeep time in this summer, especially with the new axle and lockers.

I saw that recently, too bad.

We should plan on doing Wheeler Lake in about another month. Did last year and was probably my favorite run of the year, with all the spring run off and lots of water crossings, all though there is considerable Colorado pinstriping. Well worth it!

WJCO

Meme King
It's all of $1 a year, not a bad price for free trail info.

That's really not that bad. I didn't realize the price.

We should plan on doing Wheeler Lake in about another month. Did last year and was probably my favorite run of the year, with all the spring run off and lots of water crossings, all though there is considerable Colorado pinstriping. Well worth it!

I just looked at it. It does look fun. Looks like it has a couple big obstacles too. Do you think I'd be ok on 33s?

Slimebones

That's really not that bad. I didn't realize the price.

I just looked at it. It does look fun. Looks like it has a couple big obstacles too. Do you think I'd be ok on 33s?

I am on 37's and never scraped anything. Maybe someone else could chime in on that. I am sure experience and common sense carry a lot of weight. With me, I am lucky I have the clearance!!

Slimebones

Guess I'll do this another time since there are no commitments. I will check later tonight to see if anyone can make this happen.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Oh, hi there. Been awhile. Jeep's been down and I've been travelling non-stop for work. What say you for a possible run and post beer on labor day weekend?

boardsurfer

I've got family coming to visit from the flatlands of Michigan that weekend. I planned on taking them up Red Cone/Radical Hill. Anyone is free to join me.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm interested. I am mostly sure we have plans, but waiting on final confirmation. On another note, we ran a badass trail today that may be really nice when the colors change at the end of September. May be fun to do a run then.

WJCO

Meme King
FYI. Anyone planning on MSV or Coney Flats, trails are closed until 8/28 due to some massive mud hole on the MSV side.

WJCO

Meme King
FYI. Anyone planning on MSV or Coney Flats, trails are closed until 8/28 due to some massive mud hole on the MSV side.

Just found some pics online. I've never even seen mud in this location. Looks pretty bad. Sounds like the hole is already filled but trail still won't open for another week or so.

msmv (2).jpg

msmv (3).jpg

msmv (4).jpg

msmv (5).jpg

msmv (1).jpg

BobNH

They just give up, throw a tarp over the truck and call it good?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom