DENVER Mile High Trail Run / Meetup - Spring Creek June 27

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Yankee Hill is super easy. There's some snow at the top but even if there's still a good amount up top a little throttle will get you all the way up.

Yeah, I know it's not a difficult one, but it's a trail we can all hit. I have a feeling most of the new folks haven't run it before so it's worth doing, no?

DK'sJK

I might be interested in going. I'm headed up to Victor, Colorado from Texas for a soccer clinic and it might get cancelled. If it does I would like to tag a long. If it gets cancelled I'll be staying in Breckenridge with my sister and brother in law, so I might meet you there at the trail or in Black Hawk.

cheflee

Just checking in. Solidified my travel plans and am looking forward to something that is not brown sand and cactus.

Internet is horrible here so just to make sure-Yankee Hill and meeting and departing Trail Jeeps at 8...

coopjeep

I was hoping I would be able to make the trip but I'll be in Minnesota this weekend. Met a bunch of you for the first time at Wonderland Brewery a few months ago and had a great time, looking forward to getting together and hitting some trails. My plan changed from updating my 2011 sport, I picked up a 2015 Rubicon and putting upgrades in, can't wait to test it out. Have a great run!

BlackHat

Just checking in. Solidified my travel plans and am looking forward to something that is not brown sand and cactus.

Internet is horrible here so just to make sure-Yankee Hill and meeting and departing Trail Jeeps at 8...

Yes Sir as you stated!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I might be interested in going. I'm headed up to Victor, Colorado from Texas for a soccer clinic and it might get cancelled. If it does I would like to tag a long. If it gets cancelled I'll be staying in Breckenridge with my sister and brother in law, so I might meet you there at the trail or in Black Hawk.

Cool! Just let me know...this will be a fairly easy trail run, and more or less is just a prettier scene for a meetup :)

Also, let me say right now, I should have said this earlier. If you don't have a CB - please think about getting one. It makes everyone's life a lot easier. If you need help installing/purchasing/button pushing or whatever, let me know by PM and I'll be more than happy to help guide you through the process.

BlackHat

Also, let me say right now, I should have said this earlier. If you don't have a CB - please think about getting one. It makes everyone's life a lot easier. If you need help installing/purchasing/button pushing or whatever, let me know by PM and I'll be more than happy to help guide you through the process.

What channel are we going to be on?

BlackHat

So is Yankee hill definitely what we're doing now instead of spring creek?

Yes Yankee Hill, and we are meeting and departing from Trail Jeeps in Golden @ 8AM. See you there.

On a side note even though we won't have to air the tires down much since it will be fairly easy, does anyone that is going have onboard air to refill the tires if we do decide to air down, I don't wish i did, but would feel better if I knew someone had air available.

d-nought

On a side note even though we won't have to air the tires down much since it will be fairly easy, does anyone that is going have onboard air to refill the tires if we do decide to air down, I don't wish i did, but would feel better if I knew someone had air available.

I just put in onboard air a couple of weeks ago and can share! I will need to fill the wifes and mine, but it only takes a couple of minutes per tire, not a huge time sink :yup:

CJW

Yes Yankee Hill, and we are meeting and departing from Trail Jeeps in Golden @ 8AM. See you there.

Ok. A little bummed about that but no biggie. Just anxious to hit the dirt :) See everyone there!

I'm going to test out a small compressor I have by plugging it into the 110 outlet. If it works I'll be bringing it with me and am more than happy to share.

sparkymoffett

ive got one of the smittybilt compressors..happy to share.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Shouldn't need to air down much for this trail, but will definitely be a good opportunity to check equipment and try things out for those who haven't.

Here's a good runthrough in case you're curious... mostly scenic and not too technical but should be fun!

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Alrighty then, Yankee Hill it is. Looking forward to it.

Definitely wasn't my first choice, but seems like a safe bet to spend the morning. If we get through it real fast we can always hit some spurs or find another trail. There several in that area I found.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Yep - I think we'll have plenty to do :)

Oh and by the way, my wife IS joining us this time. I have to prove she exists. :D

Top Bottom