Detailing your jeep

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Never thought of WD40, how long does it last?
Does it attract dust?

I only drive it too and from trails and then I wash it and repeat. I can’t speak for longevity, but it always looks good and doesn’t collect dust more than anyone not doing it. Chemical guys makes an undercoating spray that works well too, but wd40 is cheap and protects everything from rust, so I’m happy with it.

dillard09

I only drive it too and from trails and then I wash it and repeat. I can’t speak for longevity, but it always looks good and doesn’t collect dust more than anyone not doing it. Chemical guys makes an undercoating spray that works well too, but wd40 is cheap and protects everything from rust, so I’m happy with it.

Gotcha. The reason I ask is work in the oilfield and drive the jeep to work everyday so it does see dust. Do t want to be caked on the fenders and corners the day after I use it. I may have to give it a try and see.
Chalky fenders or dusty fenders.... let the battle begin

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug

Is this the stuff? IMG_1367.jpg
They dump so much salt on the roads here I’m looking for a little extra protection. Anyone have any comments on how effective?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I may have to check out the chemical guys stuff. Gracias!!

You got it! If you’re looking for something for plastic fenders or plastics like a trim dressing, the Chemical Guys Clear Liquid Extreme Shine Tire & Trim Protectant has worked wonders for me. I only use it on my fenders and plastics, not tires. Also the dust cling is very minimal.

IMG_0148.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

dillard09

Is this the stuff? View attachment 340560
They dump so much salt on the roads here I’m looking for a little extra protection. Anyone have any comments on how effective?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just so happen to find some of this stuff locally. Is this the stuff you say is good for powdercoat as well?
I picked it up and I'm going to wash and find a small spot to try it on and see.
Will hit the undercarriage for sure. 👍🏿

WJCO

Meme King
Got my kit in the other day! Super pumped to use it!

Did you ever use this thing on your Jeep? Tips/tricks? I'm thinking about getting one. I've watched their videos on it but I've still never used anything like this. WJ is BAAADDD with pinstripes.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Did you ever use this thing on your Jeep? Tips/tricks? I'm thinking about getting one. I've watched their videos on it but I've still never used anything like this. WJ is BAAADDD with pinstripes.

Sadly no, never got around to trying it on the Jeep. Used it many time on the boat tho and gonna do my jet ski this season

If you do. Get the higher end Torque or step up to a Rupes. You’ll be so much happier. The lower powered torque will only frustrate you and take 3 times longer to paint correct and polish. It just doesn’t have enough power and stalls way too much.

I’ve done all my vehicles with the Chemical Guys kit . They come out amazing. [emoji106]

jesse3638

Hooked
If you do. Get the higher end Torque or step up to a Rupes. You’ll be so much happier. The lower powered torque will only frustrate you and take 3 times longer to paint correct and polish. It just doesn’t have enough power and stalls way too much.

I’ve done all my vehicles with the Chemical Guys kit . They come out amazing. [emoji106]
Agreed. It's a good tool but if you want to do things quicker a more powerful machine would benefit you. I believe this machine is a good starter to help you not damage the paint with too much heat. Do yourself a favor and buy several pads. A fresh pad works a lot better than dirty one. Most professional detailers use anywhere from 6-10 pads per polishing step depending on the vehicle. I have 2 of each color. I'll clean the dirty one and set it to dry when I switch to a clean pad. Usually its dry and ready to go when my second pad is dirty. Obviously this takes extra time. Also make sure you use the correct polish for job. Heavy pin striping will most likely take at least 2 possibly 3 different compounds more aggressive to fine. I did this on one of my doors and it looked nearly new. I tried to rush it and put holograms in if and had to start all over. You'll see this a lot in inexperienced or detailers who try to rush. Also make sure to clay the surface first. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

I ended up ordering it before I saw your response. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I got the Torque 10 FX.

I believe this machine is a good starter to help you not damage the paint with too much heat.

That's what I'm hoping. I'm totally new to this.

Do yourself a favor and buy several pads. A fresh pad works a lot better than dirty one. Most professional detailers use anywhere from 6-10 pads per polishing step depending on the vehicle. I have 2 of each color. I'll clean the dirty one and set it to dry when I switch to a clean pad. Usually its dry and ready to go when my second pad is dirty. Obviously this takes extra time. Also make sure you use the correct polish for job.

I bought the pad cleaning brush. Can't you just clean it and then start using it again?

It has a lot of pinstripes. Should I start with 32 then? Or should I start with 34 and see how it looks?

I tried to rush it and put holograms in it and had to start all over. You'll see this a lot in inexperienced or detailers who try to rush.

What do you mean by holograms and how does that happen?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I ended up ordering it before I saw your response. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I got the Torque 10 FX.

That's what I'm hoping. I'm totally new to this.

I bought the pad cleaning brush. Can't you just clean it and then start using it again?

It has a lot of pinstripes. Should I start with 32 then? Or should I start with 34 and see how it looks?

What do you mean by holograms and how does that happen?

I have done my whole 25’ boat with 1 pad per step. Just clean along the way if needed. You will be fine on the jeep

Top Bottom