Don't bother jeep waving in St.Louis

It's no different here in Phoenix either, only about 10% wave and usually are the ones lifted and built for off road. Since the release of the four door jk the wrangler has become more mainstream and people are buying them as "trendy SUV's" as opposed to purpose built off-road machines. Its most likely these same folks who now make up the majority that aren't versed on the culture that comes with buying a jeep.

NavyJeeper

come into the valley!

here in the fresno/visalia area people are throwing it up left and right! gotta love the brotherhood!

AC1977

I used to have no problems getting waves from other Jeepers when I drove my Cj's or Yj's. It seemed only natural here in NC and almost never missed the chance to wave. Now that I drive my JK 2dr or wife's JKU people look at you like "WTF are u waving at me perv". Now it's mostly just waves from people who have mods or TJ,YJ.
On a side note, I hear my wife tell her mom after purchasing a new JKU not to wave at Jeeps with square lights. I quickly told her not to be a "square headlight snob" a Jeep is a Jeep. I was a square headlight once too. Now it's a running joke.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I get more waves from ppl driving Cj,YJ,TJ than JK. Even some of the lifted JKs around here in San Diego don't know the jeep wave. I wave at the older Jeeps especially TJs since that was my first Jeep and first love. I'll wave at all Jeeps but sometimes I look at the driver and can tell they don't know what the Jeep wave is so I don't waste a wave and let them make the first move. As said earlier, most of the JKs out here are "grocery grabbers" or expensive dog carriers.

Top Bottom