Ebola confirmed in the US. Enjoy your coffee.

MTG

Caught the Bug
the problem is this guy boarded a plane from Liberia and got past security screening.

time line from last night's news reporting:

Sept 19 left Liberia
Sept 20 arrived in Dallas
Sept 26 guy goes to ER, he did not provide any information where he had been - they sent him home with antibiotics
Sept 28 same guy gets transported to ER by ambulance and is diagnosed with Ebola - this is when they discover he had been in West Africa

the same ambulance was used for those 2 days as well as exposing the EMT's - the EMT's are now in a 21 day home quarantine.

The news report first indicated just a handful of people this guy came in contact with but at last count they had identified at least 18 people, they are trying to locate those people and indicated a 7 day period to find them in case any of them are infected.

The guy needs kicked in the nuts for not being forward with where he had been.

Looks like he may have been forthcoming afterall...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-01-13-24-13

Dr. Mark Lester confirmed Wednesday that a nurse asked Duncan on his first visit whether he had been in an area affected by the Ebola outbreak that has killed thousands in West Africa, but that "information was not fully communicated throughout the whole team."

:idontknow:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Control your breathing and you can get 60. ;)

The contest during training to see who could go the longest was always fun.

We do a lot of fire safety training and we do challenge each other (there is a guy who can go an absurd amount of time on one bottle....I think his whole body is a lung!)......Doing trapped fireman scenarios I've been able to extend my bottle time to an hour and twenty to thirty minutes slowing my breathing down and using skip breathing....the vibro alert goes off at 500 psi.....and the PASS device will go off if my air pack doesn't move......so doing the wiggle every 30 seconds is kind of a PITA........I love my job and what I do....I couldnt see myself doing anything else......I try to treat every patient as if they were my own and try to give them the best possible care I can provide at a moment in their life when things aren't going so well for them....

I'm praying that any of the EMS responders who came in contact with this specific individual does not contract this deadly virus.......hopefully they dodge this bullet

~Woodrow~

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We do a lot of fire safety training and we do challenge each other (there is a guy who can go an absurd amount of time on one bottle....I think his whole body is a lung!)......Doing trapped fireman scenarios I've been able to extend my bottle time to an hour and twenty to thirty minutes slowing my breathing down and using skip breathing....the vibro alert goes off at 500 psi.....and the PASS device will go off if my air pack doesn't move......so doing the wiggle every 30 seconds is kind of a PITA........I love my job and what I do....I couldnt see myself doing anything else......I try to treat every patient as if they were my own and try to give them the best possible care I can provide at a moment in their life when things aren't going so well for them....

I'm praying that any of the EMS responders who came in contact with this specific individual does not contract this deadly virus.......hopefully they dodge this bullet

~Woodrow~

The wiggle was annoying. We used to do the obstacle courses to see how long we could go. Some kid always went the longest and was in the worst shape. (Not fat but never worked out) I never understood that.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
The wiggle was annoying. We used to do the obstacle courses to see how long we could go. Some kid always went the longest and was in the worst shape. (Not fat but never worked out) I never understood that.

It's called a genetic anomaly.......kinda like the dude who eats whatever he wants.....smokes like a chimney......and drinks like a sailor.......but for whatever reason has an athlete's body 5% body fat and six pack abs......and runs circles around you without getting tired......you just want to punch them in the face sometimes lol

~Woodrow~

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It's called a genetic anomaly.......kinda like the dude who eats whatever he wants.....smokes like a chimney......and drinks like a sailor.......but for whatever reason has an athlete's body 5% body fat and six pack abs......and runs circles around you without getting tired......you just want to punch them in the face sometimes lol

~Woodrow~

Adam has a punch able face..

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Adam has a punch able face..

LMAO.......Adam is clearly not a genetic anomaly (well maybe he is but not the one that I described in my definition)......and based on the size of him......punching Adam in the face would probably not work out so good for you :grayno:

~Woodrow~

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LMAO.......Adam is clearly not a genetic anomaly (well maybe he is but not the one that I described in my definition)......and based on the size of him......punching Adam in the face would probably not work out so good for you :grayno:

~Woodrow~

Chris is a fellow redneck. He would fair fine.

Jaydoc1

We need to thin the heard anyways...

I agree with this, as well. Unfortunately the herd-thinning that might take place with Ebola is going to be fairly indiscriminate. Actually will hit the people we really don't want hit first: Doctors, first responders, nurses, etc...

Additionally, with our high population density and ease of travel in this country, it has the potential to spread quickly over large distances. No tinfoil hat here but everyone does need to keep a close eye on this one. Hopefully it gets contained quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom