EMMA : 1969 Kaiser Jeepster Commando C101

TCMguy

Congratulations on your great find ! I was wondering how well a diesel engine would do in such a vehicle ?

BDSJEEP

Hey everyone, Cindy and I would like to introduce the newest member of the WAYALIFE family - a 1969 Kaiser Jeepster Commando, also known as a C101 due to it's 101" wheelbase. As you can see in the photos below, this old lady is still bone stock and if you can believe it, still running the original 160 horsepower Dauntless V6 engine and TH400 automatic transmission. While she does have a few bumps and bruises and even a touch of body cancer in the passenger side rocker panel, she is overall a very clean Jeep and one that we look forward to working on. Of course, the best part is that we were actually able to driver her home, on the highway and safely at speeds over 65 MPH!

Anyway, here are a few pics that we took soon after brining her home. :cool:
main.php

And that's pretty much that! From here, Cindy and I will start cleaning her up, remove some of the nasty stuff the previous owner added and then we'll pull off the hard top and crappy roll bar that's installed. Hopefully, we'll be able to get some simple parts ordered up just to make this awesome Jeepster Commando a bit more ours. I hope you'll follow the transformation and enjoy the pics we post up along the way :cool:

Nice!! :thumb: (Who can resist a girl that goes "commando") :shock::cheesy::bleh:

I have an ole' girl that also shares the same pretty face..... The Jeepster front clip on my 1960 CJ5.

Attachments

• IMG_3881.jpg
    IMG_3881.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well how did I miss this?!? Congrats on the new addition. Pretty soon Camp Wayalife is going to need another garage.

Can't wait to see this in person.

leros

Congrats on the find, hopefully it has minimal rust so you wont have to put too much work into it. If you need any parts or info on the Jeepsters The Jeepster Club of America (JCCA) has a ton of info and guys on there buy these things up and sell any parts that you might need. There is also a guy on there (Jeep Dog - The Parts Dude) that has an online store that sells replacement rubber, seals, lights lenses, and anything else you might need to finish yours off. There are zero aftermarket parts for these so if you want something it has to be made.

2017 is the 50th Anniversary of the Jeepster and a huge gathering is already planned and booked for a week in Moab.

Mine is a 1972 and has the ugly "Bullnose" front end on it. I got mine 3 1/2 years ago and it was only supposed to be a quick paint job and drive it! Well it didn't work out that way!!

This was mine when I picked it up
142929713.jpg
143272253.jpg

Got rid of the "ugly" front clip
147091018.jpg

Picked up two 67 hoods, welded them together, used some YJ fenders, a CJ grille, and made some grille ears
147173042.jpg

Built a little cage
152020769.jpg

Helped the motor a little, added a York compessor
155744793.jpg

Made a bracket and added hydro boost brakes
157873990.jpg
157889962.jpg

Fixed the dash and made a couple consoles
157607688.jpg
158497941.jpg

Threw some paint on her (the original color), bought a soft top, made some tube flairs, bumpers, tire carrier
157096343.jpg
160817400.jpg

SKT

Eddie, congrats on another great rig for the stable!

Always liked these Commando's and seem to see less of them nowadays.

Looking forward to following your progress with it!

Big Rock

Jeepster

:clap2: Love the old iron. I too am not satisfied with just one jeep. It is a terrible affliction with apparently no cure. I have wanted one of these for years with a CJ grill and hood. Congrats on your new addition. Whats her name?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well how did I miss this?!? Congrats on the new addition. Pretty soon Camp Wayalife is going to need another garage.

Can't wait to see this in person.

LOL!! Thank you and I hope you'll get a chance to see her in person soon :yup:

Congrats on the find, hopefully it has minimal rust so you wont have to put too much work into it. If you need any parts or info on the Jeepsters The Jeepster Club of America (JCCA) has a ton of info and guys on there buy these things up and sell any parts that you might need. There is also a guy on there (Jeep Dog - The Parts Dude) that has an online store that sells replacement rubber, seals, lights lenses, and anything else you might need to finish yours off. There are zero aftermarket parts for these so if you want something it has to be made.

2017 is the 50th Anniversary of the Jeepster and a huge gathering is already planned and booked for a week in Moab.

Awesome restoration job!! I too was really just hoping to get her cleaned up a bit but have to admit that doing a restoration is gnawing at me. Guess we'll see what happens. :crazyeyes:

:clap2: Love the old iron. I too am not satisfied with just one jeep. It is a terrible affliction with apparently no cure. I have wanted one of these for years with a CJ grill and hood. Congrats on your new addition. Whats her name?

Thank you. Don't know what to call her yet. Was thinking about Wilma but I know there's someone else on here with that name for their rig. Open to suggestions :cool:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Congrats guys, can't wait to see what you end up doing with her. Nothing like having a full stable of badass jeeps :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Spent some time yesterday cleaning up the old dash pad with the hopes of restoring it. Here's a shot of what it looked like with it's nasty brownish upholstery.
main.php

main.php

After pulling off the upholstery, there was all kinds of old adhesive and glue baked into it.
main.php

Spending a lot of time cleaning, we were able to get most of the crap off.
main.php

Some areas proved to be a lot harder than others though.
main.php

A couple of shots of the dash all cleaned up and painted black.
main.php

main.php

TaDa! Good as new!!
main.php

main.php

main.php

:cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nice!

When I'm ready for another jeep I'm sending either you or Chris a check to shop for me. You guys find some killer jeeps!

JAGS

Hooked
Man, that dash came out great. Nice job. 👍

I'll throw a name or two out just for fun. Kasey or maybe just CJ. 😎

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Emma : 1969 Kaiser Jeepster Commando C101 - The Newest Member of the WAYALIFE...

Gotta a chance to work on Emma today. Started off with installing a new set of arm rests on the doors. Here's a before shot.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522529.475423.jpg

And here's an after shot.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522551.990520.jpg

Also cleaned up and installed a set of new sun visors. Here's a before shot of what the old ones looked like.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522598.179056.jpg

After painting the hardware and installing new sun visors.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522645.807931.jpg

Installed a set of new hood latches. Here's what the old ones looked like.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522786.921780.jpg

And here's what the new hood latches look like.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522748.877701.jpg

Started cleaning up the old hub caps.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522840.113186.jpg

And finally, spent the rest of the day removing all the nasty rubber mat on the floor pans to see what cancer they were hiding. This was serious work!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439522893.036332.jpg

Over all, it wasn't too bad... the results that is. The work to get the crap out sucked!!
IMG_2564.jpg

There were a couple of holes that'll need to be patched up and a couple of bad spots like this but, I think we can get it fixed up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439523067.529947.jpg

Finally, our new low back seats came in today and I'm eager to get them installed.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439523120.442676.jpg

:)

Top Bottom